Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Any good Professional Detailers in the Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 04:36 AM
Pineapple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good Professional Detailers in the Bay Area?

Can anyone recommend any good Professional Detailers in the Bay Area (within 30 minutes driving distance from San Jose)?

I will be washing (weekly) and cleaning the interior myself. I am very meticulous so the detailer must be as well.

I need a pro detailer that will:

wax every 2-3 months (either with wax, or a synthetic like zaino or ultima)
clay/polish every year (to a PERFECT finish)
Old 08-21-07, 07:39 AM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Most of the members here will recommend you to Phil at ADS Mobile in San Bruno....here's a review from a member https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=292774
Old 08-21-07, 09:13 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

why not DIY? check out the detailing sections......good stuff!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/
Old 08-21-07, 11:18 AM
madness
Pole Position

Yea if you need to DIY let me know. It's one of my hobbies keeping my car detailed. Check out the pics of my car for Laguna Seca, I spent a few hours on getting it clean.

Old 08-21-07, 11:27 AM
wangjt
Driver School Candidate

Hi madness,

Your car looks really good. I've been trying to learn how to detail myself but I'm having trouble.

I was trying to polish the car this weekend to try to get some swirl marks out but it came out uneven. There's a little bit of clouding in certain light conditions. I don't know if it's because I didn't put enough polish on the pad or what. I'm not sure how much to put so I started out by putting a ring around the pad (I have a PC 7424). ;

Any ideas on how much I should be putting?
Old 08-21-07, 12:51 PM
madness
Pole Position

Thanks man I did use a PC on it to remove some swirls. If you ever want to meet up and need some tips let me know. If the paint is cloudy you probably have hazing from heavy duty polish. Let me know what you were using and how much pressure you put on your pc.

Here's a good site by an Autopian memeber.

http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/ssr25.html

He has some good tips on polishing along with pictures and videos. If anyone would like to meet up and detail let me know. If someone would like to hire me to detail their car. PM too.

-Manny

Originally Posted by wangjt
Hi madness,

Your car looks really good. I've been trying to learn how to detail myself but I'm having trouble.

I was trying to polish the car this weekend to try to get some swirl marks out but it came out uneven. There's a little bit of clouding in certain light conditions. I don't know if it's because I didn't put enough polish on the pad or what. I'm not sure how much to put so I started out by putting a ring around the pad (I have a PC 7424). ;

Any ideas on how much I should be putting?
Old 08-21-07, 01:31 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

looking good
Old 08-21-07, 01:43 PM
wangjt
Driver School Candidate

I'm using sonus SFX1 and SFX2 as the polish.
I have Klasse All-In-One for the cleaner and I'm using P21S as the wax. But I haven't sealed/waxed it yet. I want to get the polish down first.

Looking at the link, I definitely didn't use enough polish and I also don't think I broke it down enough. I will definitely try it again this week.

Also, some idiot I met for a craigslist sale put a box on my car. When he took the box off, there was a huge scratch. Kinda deep which I think will require a scratch remover according to the site.

What's a good scratch remover I should use?
Old 08-21-07, 02:43 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

I have Klasse All-In-One for the cleaner and I'm using P21S as the wax. But I haven't sealed/waxed it yet. I want to get the polish down first.

Looking at the link, I definitely didn't use enough polish and I also don't think I broke it down enough. I will definitely try it again this week.

Also, some idiot I met for a craigslist sale put a box on my car. When he took the box off, there was a huge scratch. Kinda deep which I think will require a scratch remover according to the site.

you might need to "polish" it as well if it's deep scratches.....

I am in search for one too....
Old 08-21-07, 02:52 PM
madness
Pole Position

We can meet up if you want i can help you. I haven't used SFX line but I have a few polishes that could help your scartches. I have helped a few CL peeps with scratches. Hit me up.

Old 08-21-07, 03:48 PM
wangjt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by madness
We can meet up if you want i can help you. I haven't used SFX line but I have a few polishes that could help your scartches. I have helped a few CL peeps with scratches. Hit me up.
I'll try to see if I can polish this out again. Last time I tried, I didn't put enough polish, didn't break down the polish enough AND was using the PC at the lowest speed. So I basically did everything wrong.

If I have any more problems with it, I will definitely ask you for help. Thanks!

BTW, where in Nor Cal are you located?
Old 08-21-07, 03:53 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by madness
which one would you recommend? I tried scratch-X and it didnt work......
Old 08-21-07, 04:05 PM
madness
Pole Position

I'm in Mountain View but I'm all around the bay, from San Jose to Hayward.

I'm not a big fan of Meguiar's Scartch X, I have never had great results. I would use a polish like Menzerna Super Intensive polish or Power Gloss. Lately I have been trying Hi Temp heavy cut seems do a good job.

Here's some success I've had with Menzerna Polish.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=backed+tree

If you have more questions ask away.

I'll try to see if I can polish this out again. Last time I tried, I didn't put enough polish, didn't break down the polish enough AND was using the PC at the lowest speed. So I basically did everything wrong.

If I have any more problems with it, I will definitely ask you for help. Thanks!

BTW, where in Nor Cal are you located?
Old 08-21-07, 04:17 PM
d00t
Rookie

I do "professional" details. Everything from paint repair(moderate swirls etc) to plastics, to engine bays. I don't mind traveling either.. (i'm in fremont)

PM me for info .

Aaron
Old 08-22-07, 02:16 PM
KilaWombat
Lead Lap

I'm in need of some DIY tips and can meet also. I'm in sf and sac.

Recommendations on specific products, how often to do it, etc.

Quick Reply: Any good Professional Detailers in the Bay Area?