Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

LGWNorcal & TM Engineering proudly presents EOS6 (post 1 updated 9/29)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-07, 04:20 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what exhaust do you guys have anyways ?
Old 08-30-07, 04:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Is this still going on?

This was edited in the SoCal forums...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=294165
I made the edit for a reason. PM me if you have questions.
Old 08-30-07, 07:03 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

too bad no suspension showoff... ikeyas are freaking awesome, car rides with a go-kart firm-ness to it, very noticeable in braking. by no means stiff for dd either.

ps. flipside909, just came back from custom alignment, joe is interested in hosting a BOS there again, especially since we're getting new members.
Old 08-30-07, 07:31 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just curious...can someone please tell me what the $35 is going towards? Like the place that this meet will be held at, are they charging money and that's why it'll cost us $35?

In the previous EOS event that I've attended, the most I've paid was around $10-15 but that was for go-karting, t-shirts, dog chain, etc...
Old 08-30-07, 08:22 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I'm just curious...can someone please tell me what the $35 is going towards? Like the place that this meet will be held at, are they charging money and that's why it'll cost us $35?

In the previous EOS event that I've attended, the most I've paid was around $10-15 but that was for go-karting, t-shirts, dog chain, etc...
ditto... i mean this year, meets started having an "entry fee". i kno it's not much in comparison to the cost of what we do to our cars, but why pay to meet up with other enthusiast? i can understand if it gives all the extra items like shirts and stuff, but what about those who just want to come and socialize and not care about the tshirts or premium parking or raffles, etc etc? gonna have them park outside and not give their cars any attention? i know this would be an extreme, but what happens when the meets start happening outside of the parking area instead.
Old 08-30-07, 08:33 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the $35 option it includes entrance into the car show aspect and eligibility to win an award and/or people's choice. It also includes a T-shirt, sponsors coupons, 5 raffles tickets as well as other items. If you were to buy raffle tickets along they cost $2 each.

The cost of a $2 raffle ticket was the same price that was charge back at EOS3.

The $20 option does not include the car show aspect and you get 3 raffle tickets and sponsor coupons.

The $5 option is just 1 raffle ticket and sponsor coupons.

In the past yes EOS has been free to participants. But in order to have EOS grow and change as well be able to continue to do future events we moved to this type of system. In the past events like BOS and EOS took hundreds of hours to plan and execute and no one involved ever got anything out of it except to put on a good show. But those people did lose out on time and money to visit vendors and sponsors.

The coupons you get from the sponsors alone far exceed $5 and the raffle items are nice too. If the car show route is not for everyone and that is ok too.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-30-07, 08:36 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexAnt
too bad no suspension showoff... ikeyas are freaking awesome, car rides with a go-kart firm-ness to it, very noticeable in braking. by no means stiff for dd either.

Ikeyas are something almost know one has, so that is a rarity in itself. You should put part of your car on a jack stand and show off those beauties. ikeyas
Old 08-30-07, 08:42 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

I don't think it's fair that the people who don't want to pay the extra $15 can't participate in the show and shine. The way I see it is that all cars that are in attendance should be able to compete in the show..just my opinion.
Old 08-30-07, 09:39 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

honestly is there any way i can register or inform of my attendance without the options presented. in all honesty, i don't need/want the coupons or raffles. i'm already far gone in the mods that any raffle items don't really interest me.
Old 08-30-07, 10:06 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm having 2nd thoughts..
Old 08-30-07, 10:40 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

One of the reason's why the registration is open so late this year is because we had a last minute venue change. The main reason being is the USS Hornet was going to charge us to use the area and they told us about some "hidden" costs that they never mentioned to us when we first contacted them. We lost several months work on that. We were lucky to secure this location in short time we had, otherwise cancel EOS which we didn't see as an option. If any of you are wondering, YES the staff is also paying full price to attend our own event.

Yes, you can attend the event for FREE if you wish. But you won't be eligible for the raffle items or awards (the cost of this has to come from somewhere).
Old 08-30-07, 10:46 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Yes, you can attend the event for FREE if you wish. But you won't be eligible for the raffle items or awards (the cost of this has to come from somewhere).
I understand the degree of work required to pull off a meet of this caliber, especially with the awards and sponsors. I applaud the crew for doing this.

As for me, I am satisfied with just attending the event.
Old 08-30-07, 10:48 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexAnt
i know this would be an extreme, but what happens when the meets start happening outside of the parking area instead.
That may very well be the case, but parking lot meets never draw the same enthusiasm as one of the large events. Not to mention the po po can make trouble for you if don't have permission to be there. This is the only event we have charged for, BOS was not organized/held by LGWNorcal that was Bay Area Matrix. The cruise meet in march was the only other event that we held, lunch was optional if you wanted to attend.
Old 08-30-07, 11:30 PM
pocky
mooncake master

When did this become a "car show"? Competition? o_O**
Old 08-30-07, 11:38 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
When did this become a "car show"? Competition? o_O**
Its optional. We know several people do mods just to unveil at EOS, wouldn't it be nice to get some recognition for it?

Quick Reply: LGWNorcal & TM Engineering proudly presents EOS6 (post 1 updated 9/29)