Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Muffler shop in Bay

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-07, 12:32 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Muffler shop in Bay

Hey. I was wondering if anyone know of a good place that does custom piping for exhaust. I want to get it nicely done because this will be quite a job I'm trying to pull off. Tryign to do this before EOS Let me know. Thanks!
Old 09-07-07, 03:27 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I think there's one at Daly City (mission street) that does custom job? need to find out the name of the shop.....
Old 09-07-07, 04:53 PM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you from the San Jose area ? because i know of an exhaust shop on monterey road.. its called speedee... they did custom piping for my sc3.. about three different times.. once with my HKS hi power... another with dual 5zigen exhaust... and another that i just recently did with my hks-Ti carbon exhaust.. they do a pretty god job... i deleted all the cats and did the piping from the header all for 80 dollars.
Old 09-07-07, 05:47 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspKSoarer
are you from the San Jose area ? because i know of an exhaust shop on monterey road.. its called speedee... they did custom piping for my sc3.. about three different times.. once with my HKS hi power... another with dual 5zigen exhaust... and another that i just recently did with my hks-Ti carbon exhaust.. they do a pretty god job... i deleted all the cats and did the piping from the header all for 80 dollars.
$80?? hm... they sell mufflers there too? I live in SF though.
Old 09-07-07, 09:40 PM
habitat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspKSoarer
Hi do you have the address or phone number for this shop?
Old 09-08-07, 05:52 PM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bloo1987
$80?? hm... they sell mufflers there too? I live in SF though.
they do sell mufflers.. but mostly domestic kind. im sure they could get any other kind if you needed one. hmm.. sf.. thats like a 40 minute drive.. or 50.. forgot but yeah . i dont live in SJ anymore but drove two hours from my location to SJ to get my exhaust done there because i know they do it right.
Old 09-08-07, 05:56 PM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by habitat
Hi do you have the address or phone number for this shop?
yup , its 408-363-3997 ... im pretty sure they are closed sundays and are open till 3pm on saturdays... as for the weekdays im not so sure what time they close.
Old 09-10-07, 01:21 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone know a shop that does Mandrel Bends? Troys currently do not have that anymore...
Old 09-19-07, 01:42 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

SO! I went to the shop in SJ Speede Mufflers. I went there to get a estimate before and it was $360 to do a Y pipe dual exhaust and replacing the resonator with a Magnaflow exhaust. I said ok. I went down to SJ to make a deposit on it. I stopped by my friends house in SJ and called them to make sure what time they closed. So someone picked up and I asked "What time do you guys close because I want to swing by to make a deposit?" And he said, "We are closing at 4:30pm today." I said, "Ok, can I swing by and make a deposit for my car?" he said "ok". So left right away and I got there at 4:10pm when I called them at 3:45pm. When I got there they have already left the shop!!!! I was like no way!!! I was pretty pissed off. So I dont think I will do business with them.

Does anyone know of a good trustworthy muffler shop in the Bay Area especially in SF? Thanks.
Old 09-19-07, 03:39 AM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Went to Speedee... brought my car there around 1:00pm. It was a quick and simple job i just wanted my new mufflers on and old ones off. When i got there... there were two cars on the rack and that was it. He told me half an hr before my car will be on. An hr and fifteen minutes went by and my car wasn't even on the rack. I was so damn hungry i had to go across the street to the little liquor store to buy chips.. So by like 4:45pm my car was almost done and that is ridiculous for a simple job. They kept getting calls from customers every 5 minutes and someone would always come in and ask them something. A business ran by two people is simply not enough for them. In the end my mufflers were done.. The job was good but the service sucked. Also he quoted my 110.00 but it came out to be 120.00.

p.s. does anyone know how much a alternator is?
Old 09-19-07, 06:17 AM
96dtm850
Driver

Is this the shop that JspKSoarer is talking about that is having a bad experience? I'm confused...

The shop I normally go to does extremely good work, but they charge more on the high end side and right now I'm on a budget. 80 for header back seems pretty good. Is that for 2.5" piping?
Old 09-19-07, 09:53 AM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Yup the one JspKSoarer goes too

Originally Posted by 96dtm850
Is this the shop that JspKSoarer is talking about that is having a bad experience? I'm confused...

The shop I normally go to does extremely good work, but they charge more on the high end side and right now I'm on a budget. 80 for header back seems pretty good. Is that for 2.5" piping?
Old 09-19-07, 03:16 PM
96dtm850
Driver

Originally Posted by LMoney4o8
Yup the one JspKSoarer goes too
Eh...I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 09-20-07, 10:42 PM
sneakyazn
Driver

I called Speedee and they quoted me 45-55/muffler for labor to weld the Magnaflow 14829 mufflers to my sc400. Does that sound reasonable? I have no experience with this stuff or how much these types of jobs normally cost, if not, do you have any suggestions on where to go?
Old 09-21-07, 06:23 AM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

that is weird he told me like 40 a muffler... but yeah try to get jspk to call maybe cheaper haha. But that price is pretty reasonable though.

Quick Reply: Muffler shop in Bay