Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Help with Exact Motorsports RCA

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 09:15 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Exact Motorsports RCA

Hey I was told that you guys in NORCAL would be able to help me out with my thread about this product https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=306715
Thanks
Old 09-16-07, 07:53 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Help please before I just try to sell them!
Old 09-17-07, 08:13 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

bump please need assistance NORCAL peeps help a fellow member out.
Old 09-17-07, 08:24 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

taeng,

there are a few members that have done this mod. Maybe jawthen or rmmgs4 can chime in when they have a moment.
Old 09-20-07, 02:42 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

still looking for some feedback
Old 09-20-07, 03:47 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I'd like to help but I don't have those installed. RMMGS4 is your best bet, unfortunately he's pretty busy as he just moved and back logged at work.
Old 09-20-07, 03:52 PM
96dtm850
Driver

*I don't know anything about these blocks or anything....so this is strictly from observation of the pics on other post and my knowledge about working on cars*

These blocks look like they go between the spindle and the lower control arm to correct the camber. Installing the blocks would raise the spindle up and cause the upper control arm to be closer to your fender. I think someone from EM or where ever told you that it will lower your car further. In theory yes it should because it's moving your spindle/wheel up higher bringing the wheel closer to the fender (closing the gap). Same thing "johnee78" said in other thread post #6.

You say that the upper control arm is hitting the upper strut mount? I would think it's hitting the upper fender lining instead. I would think the upper arm would have to be at some crazy angle to hit the upper strut to the point where your upper ball joint won't be too happy and pop off eventually. If it's hitting your Tein's, I'm sure you'll definitely see marks on the spring, etc. Snap some pics. Jack up your car and check the fender lining. I'm betting its that. Snap some pics of that too. If you see marks on your fender lining, try to take them off and see what happens.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-20-07, 05:21 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 96dtm850
*I don't know anything about these blocks or anything....so this is strictly from observation of the pics on other post and my knowledge about working on cars*

These blocks look like they go between the spindle and the lower control arm to correct the camber. Installing the blocks would raise the spindle up and cause the upper control arm to be closer to your fender. I think someone from EM or where ever told you that it will lower your car further. In theory yes it should because it's moving your spindle/wheel up higher bringing the wheel closer to the fender (closing the gap). Same thing "johnee78" said in other thread post #6.

You say that the upper control arm is hitting the upper strut mount? I would think it's hitting the upper fender lining instead. I would think the upper arm would have to be at some crazy angle to hit the upper strut to the point where your upper ball joint won't be too happy and pop off eventually. If it's hitting your Tein's, I'm sure you'll definitely see marks on the spring, etc. Snap some pics. Jack up your car and check the fender lining. I'm betting its that. Snap some pics of that too. If you see marks on your fender lining, try to take them off and see what happens.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your insight, but I prolly made it sound a little confusing. Let me just explain in detail so you guys have a better idea. I already took out the RCA so I can't snap pics with it in.

The area the upper control arm is hitting is not the suspension itself. Imagine you uninstall the suspension. Now at the top where you install the suspension with the three holes to mount the suspension...that is the area it is hitting. I know this b/c my friend who is a mechanic that did the install showed me the control arm and the mount area had "raw metal" exposed...being that they made contact with each other. I wish I had a camera on me at that moment to take pictures of it, but I didn't only my crappy cell phone.

I hope this cleared up the confusion and maybe get some more responses. RMMGS4 where are you?

Thanks again for the help!
Old 09-20-07, 05:51 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by taeng
Thanks for your insight, but I prolly made it sound a little confusing. Let me just explain in detail so you guys have a better idea. I already took out the RCA so I can't snap pics with it in.

The area the upper control arm is hitting is not the suspension itself. Imagine you uninstall the suspension. Now at the top where you install the suspension with the three holes to mount the suspension...that is the area it is hitting. I know this b/c my friend who is a mechanic that did the install showed me the control arm and the mount area had "raw metal" exposed...being that they made contact with each other. I wish I had a camera on me at that moment to take pictures of it, but I didn't only my crappy cell phone.

I hope this cleared up the confusion and maybe get some more responses. RMMGS4 where are you?

Thanks again for the help!

Sorry for the delay. I was extreemly busy for the past 4 weeks, sleeping only 3 or 4 hours a day and only now recovering. I am still very busy too.

All I can say is for over a year several of us locals have SUCCESFULLY lowered our cars with these blocks, but we need to know your set up to understand why you have a problem.

When I have a chance I'll take a pic of my car to show you my slammed GS with 20" rims and tucked tires and no significant problem using the lowering blocks.

PM me and we can talk on the phone. Still no time for me to post online, so don't expect me to reply to this thread until AFTER we talk directly.

Thanks

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-20-07 at 05:55 PM.