Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Putnam Lexus...how was your experience?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-07, 06:40 PM
TDuong122
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putnam Lexus...how was your experience?

hi! im pretty much new here but have been lurking around the forum for a bit. i just wanted some input to whoever has gone to putnam lexus in redwood city.

i just went there today and mines was one of the worst ever. first, i pull into the service area and no one helps me for about 10 mintues so i decide to step out and finally a guy comes over. he tells me to wait a couple of minutes because everyone was busy so i wait for another 10. while i was waiting alot of tech were just walking around checking out my car. so after another wait ive finally been helped.

i tell the guy that im here for my free 5k tune up and also ask him about customizing my some features onto the remote. he responds by "what do you want?" like i knew everything. i ask him if there was a paper with all the features and he says "shouldnt you have one already" anyways, after all the mess he says he'll call me in about an hour. thats when the car will be done is this right?

almost exactly an hour later i get a call from him saying that my car was ready and that its being washed. during our call i mentioned that my license plates were there and it would be great if they just left it in my trunk so i can put it on myself. i <b>specifically</b> told him that i just had my clear bra done at premier in fremont and that i didnt want my flate plates on and what do i see when i get there? parked right in front was my ride with the front and back plates on. AND they threw away my sticker that they leave on your windshield. washed my car? i think not when it was still wet when i showed up!

i demanded to talk to that person and he has the nerves to asked "so what do you want me to do" at this moment im was burning inside but decided to just asked for the service manager. supposely he going to take it to their body shop for repair and will install their own clear bra which i denied and demanded it be done by premier. they said they'll have to see. WTF?!?!?!?!?

this is total BS. oh yea, i asked him about turning off my DRL and he said its possible but he nor his tech is able to do it. so im left with a loaner car till who knows.

ok...thats all i have to vent for now but would be great to hear your bad or good experince at this place.

Last edited by TDuong122; 09-28-07 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-29-07, 10:25 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

I have always had a good experience at Putnam. I have gone to Putnam several different times for service and warranty repairs. I am also very picky and particular about my car. I don't let dealerships wash my car because I want to keep my finish swirl-free. Well, Putnam has always followed my instructions, and I've never had any problems with them at all.

Putnam has always been thorough in fixing the problems, keeping me informed about the progress of my car, and returned my car back to me in good condition.

Last edited by 2007es350; 10-01-07 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-30-07, 07:08 AM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

first, i pull into the service area and no one helps me for about 10 mintues
I can understand no one coming to you immediately, as sometimes it gets really busy. I'm not really familiar with Putnam, but I really suggest going over to Magnussen's Lexus of Fremont.

The best way to do it, is to schedule an appointment and they should take care of you. Most of the service advisors are cool, and a couple of techs are even on this board.