Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Bay Area Mini Lexus Meets "NORCAL CERTIFIED"

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-10 | 11:25 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by VIP_Dreamz
do any first gen gs300 ever show up at the meets? seems like only 2gs and 3gs roll out. I would love to attend a meet. Are the meets every Friday? Any meets closer to SF area?
No meets are not every Friday. They come whenever the "active" members plan a GTG and then it is posted for others to join. As for SF, there are several active members up there, but no one has stepped up to put a meet together. Most of them just come down to the South Bay.

There is 1 active 1st Gen in SF and the most 1st Gens I've seen at one time was maybe 4. Right now the 2GS, 2IS and 1IS have the largest following, but there are ISF and LS members who show up on occaision.

What you will find at our mini meets is that initially it's about the cars, but long term it's about the people. For the veteran members, we definitely do not come out just to look at each others cars, it is more of a social thing. The people who keep coming out over the years come because of the people. Along with that comes some BIG hook up on car deals and the sharing of a wealth of knowledge. I can assure you that asking local veterans about your car is way more beneficial then posting on the forums. There's too many people online, so it becomes difficult to sift out the good information. Collectively the group coming tonight will easily have 25+ years worth of knowledge on Lexus.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-22-10 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-22-10 | 11:27 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
yeah, i'll join in for dinner if you guys don't mind an old scruffy looking guy hanging around...hahaha...

i did pm him...
You might have some competition in the old scruffy category, so I wouldn't fret.
Old 01-22-10 | 11:33 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
You might have some competition in the old scruffy category, so I wouldn't fret.
haha
ok...
Old 01-22-10 | 11:35 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

well put, RMMGS4.
i can't believe i'm freakin' veteran already on here.
dang, i'm gettin' old....no pun intended RMMGS4 and others...late.
Old 01-22-10 | 12:35 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Kaenyama Sushi Restaurant and Lounge -
8:00 Dinner reservation. please be there around 7:45 - 8.

1. lexus_is08 +1 (2ndIS2)
2. RMMGS4 +1 (2ndGS4)
3. memasterac (3rdGS4
4. madness (1stIS3)
5.pearlis250 +1 (2ndIS2)
6.hypermkiv (ISF)
7.gskidd (GS?)
8. teanyugen (1stIS3)
9.hyo408 (1stIS3)
10. kokonutjc+1 (ToyMatrix)
11. martini3 (SC4)
12. uv (2ndIS3)
13. lexuslatte (2IS)

i originally got us an private room but we exceed the max allowance of that number so we will be seated outside in the open (still inside restaurant just no private room).. will arrange a table for 15-16, so... if you are seeing this after, please PM me today by 5PM to see if i can get you in under our reservation. we picked a later reservation to avoid traffic inside the restaurant.. they are usually very busy friday nights. the more the merrier, just let me know ahead of time.

there are plenty of parking in the area so dont worry about that. i did not plan for any reserved parking this time around but next time we will have a private parking space reserved for CL.

cheers-

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-22-10 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-22-10 | 12:43 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIP_Dreamz
do any first gen gs300 ever show up at the meets? seems like only 2gs and 3gs roll out. I would love to attend a meet. Are the meets every Friday? Any meets closer to SF area?
There are meets up in Daly City i believe... not Lexus specific but car meets in general. Lexus meets usually are held down in Southbay and east bay.
hope to see you down here. PM me if you are coming so we can expect you.
Old 01-22-10 | 12:50 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Just a note:

those that have not been to the area, the parking space is huge and low car friendly. We have had Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Maseratis meet here no problem. This is the first time i will be trying with Club Lexus at this location and if the feedback is good, i will make this into a monthly event, where parking will be coned off for CL for premier access. Owner of Kaenyama and myself look forward to support the Lexus community. there are a few dessert places in the area as well (next door) for desserts for those that want some sweets.

starting tongiht, Kaenyama will close at 2AM as we start our first trial run in a afterhour lounge conversion. so feel free to stay after dinner and grab some drinks. see u guys tonight
Old 01-22-10 | 01:36 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UV
Just a note:

those that have not been to the area, the parking space is huge and low car friendly. We have had Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Maseratis meet here no problem. This is the first time i will be trying with Club Lexus at this location and if the feedback is good, i will make this into a monthly event, where parking will be coned off for CL for premier access. Owner of Kaenyama and myself look forward to support the Lexus community. there are a few dessert places in the area as well (next door) for desserts for those that want some sweets.

starting tongiht, Kaenyama will close at 2AM as we start our first trial run in a afterhour lounge conversion. so feel free to stay after dinner and grab some drinks. see u guys tonight
fyi - will be in a white IS-F...

we know the owner of club zen too...well, the owner's bf anyway...he's a big car guy too...ae86, jdm cefiro, etc...

maybe i can try to see if they want to do something with CL as for discounts or???

for tonight, is there a particular spot you want everyone to park in???
maybe here:
Old 01-22-10 | 01:56 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

you are correct on the parking location. i have not made arrangements for this event as we are just testing waters on location feasibility but if all works out well tonight, i willl make this into a monthly thing and will have that area coned off for CL.
Old 01-22-10 | 03:19 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

sry when i meant seated outside i meant inside the restaruant but outside the private rooms (max capacity 10). Thanks.
Old 01-22-10 | 03:29 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UV
sry when i meant seated outside i meant inside the restaruant but outside the private rooms (max capacity 10). Thanks.
i bet i know EXACTLY where we'll be sitting.
enter the restaurant and go right...into the corner behind the short wall...

maybe???
Old 01-22-10 | 03:52 PM
lexuslatte
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Sounds good, I'm in!!!
Old 01-22-10 | 06:19 PM
RMMGS4

OK reservations for tonights dinner / meet is now closed.

I'd say everyone is probably headed out there right now. See you soon !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-22-10 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-22-10 | 10:54 PM
RMMGS4

It was great seeing some new people attending today. Hope to see more of you when the wheather gets better.
Old 01-22-10 | 11:03 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
It was great seeing some new people attending today. Hope to see more of you when the wheather gets better.
i will definately be out more!!!

Quick Reply: Bay Area Mini Lexus Meets "NORCAL CERTIFIED"