Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Bay Area Mini Lexus Meets "NORCAL CERTIFIED"

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 11:09 AM
osyrhiz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalristo
did you make it out tonight?
Unfortunately I had no clue there was one last night..

Ill attend one soon enough though....
Old 01-17-08, 11:22 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

baoser: did u take any pics when you do the swap ?
Old 01-17-08, 12:23 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
baoser: did u take any pics when you do the swap ?
not really....no basically...just a few, none of actual procedure though...
Old 01-17-08, 12:41 PM
kalristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

we need a database of numbers from people that want to come out to our last minute spontaneous meets so if you guys will, pm me your name and number and ill shoot you a call day of and ill keep a little list to ensure our meets are bigger and better!

so long as that one guy doesnt bring dog.
Old 01-17-08, 08:40 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whenever the next meet is shoot me a pm! I know bowser has my # at least, Id really like to meet some more norcal heads.
Old 01-17-08, 10:35 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

I'll be in south bay tomorrow nite.... (Friday 1/18)

Any plans ?
Old 01-18-08, 01:34 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

possible club event? anyone wanna set something up?
Old 01-18-08, 08:51 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

I can join for dessert stuff......if you guys are going....
Old 01-18-08, 09:05 AM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

I think we should have a bbq meet and then a cruise after that!
Old 01-18-08, 02:51 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

JspKSoarer, the BBQ meet has been a long discussed event since November. But we hit the raining seasons. I guess we are recovering from the rainign seasons to the windy seasons at the moment, but this BBQ event will be held soon.

My birthday is in 1 month, hopefully the weather is not as windy /cold then. As of now, the event is not set up yet. There is 1 IS Cruise meet in February already and 1 CL Cruise meet in March, with large meets coming up, we try not to book events on simultaneous weekends

If you want to hold a hang out on your own, feel free to contact your friends via PM or phones. lets keep the thread to a minimum discussion for actual meets. Keep in mind that some people, new or senior do drive far for certain "meets" that people post on here and have expected large turnouts and eventful meets, but experienced otherwise. If you are posting someithgn immediate please call it a hang out, this way ther is less confusion for new members. When i started this thread it used to be a notice for Fatal 5 + a few other members to show up and meet, but since it started growing, things has been getting out of hand (communication wise) and almost became a chatroom.

I want to let others that may be holding minimeets here, to carelfully explain your meet so those taht are driving long distance know where they are coming for. otherwise, please call it a hang out. Those taht may have noticed why no senior members really come out for these meets and I'm sure RMMGS4 or lightwave can tell you, the meets are really tiring to come out for especially after a full day of work!

This is jsut my own opinion but i was a little bit confused with teh last meet that was posted on here. There was a large handful of peopel that showed up (which is good), but i noticed like 3 differt groups of people socializing ( and i dint know who was actually from Cl and who was not) . Of course the weather was against us, but that was not a meet? I had someone PM me and asked me "I thought the event was a meet, how come nothing happened" I was not in charge of this event so i could nto answer your qusetion as i apologize.

Again, thank you for cooperating and even this thread is the most commented thread and one fo the top read threads in the Norcal section, lets try to keep on topic and keep it going. if you are going to post a upcoming meet, please write:

Time;
Date:

this way, the long distanced knows waht they are coming for.

In the past, we have had a few mini-major meets:

Boomers
Dave & Busters
Photo-Op Meet
each about 1 month intervals apart.

If you have an sudden meet where you want all of us to come hang out, jsut say we're hanging at ____ at _____, sign up here so we know ur coming.. etc. Thanks.

Last edited by this1b0y; 01-18-08 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-18-08, 03:00 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

nice essay johnson...haha

Mind everyone half the things setup in this thread are just mini meets, where everyone meets up somewhere hang out...they are not official meets or anything like that. basically when everyone is bored on a particular night and just wanted to hang out with some people and kick back...
Old 01-18-08, 03:07 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

Thanks Baoser. i'd get a F on it cause i dint run spell chekc.
Old 01-18-08, 05:31 PM
kalristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

but thats why this threat in particular is called bay area mini lexus meet
if it was a huge event it would have a new thread that read for example "San Francisco Japantown - J's Gathering - JDM THEORY - 1/13/08"
i feel this particular thread lets the little guys such as myself run a gathering that benefits the newer guys as well like we experienced Wednesday where none of the common lexus guys knew who the other new guys were and vise versa
and again it was located at hellodessert just like you would expect from a meet at the local in and out burger, its just a bunch of loitering
my 2 cents
Old 01-18-08, 09:20 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

well either way, we dont want new guys to think that those mini meets are major meets just with less people...and technically erica's going away party was a major meet and it was in this thread
Old 01-19-08, 01:52 AM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

JDM Theory is a vendor sponsored event and not Club Lexus Event, therefore a new thread. Like Baoser said, Erica's going away party was a major meet (Dave n Busters) as well as Boomer's in which both meets the cars caravaned from point A and point B. We had a meet at In N Out but that was a meet for Photo-Op. Each meet held had an event. I also forgot to mention EOS afterparty meet at Breeds was also mentioned briefly in this thread and that was a caravan as well. For the new members that has just joined us, please PM the member that is taking rollcall for questions regarding a specific event. Even as the thread starter I do not supervise nor know all the events that are happening in this thread so can not answer your specific questions regarding events that are ongoing. For those that are wondering why I posted this... 2 members undisclosed has PMed me regarding the Wednesay hang out at HelloDessert and asked me if this was how Club Lexus held events as they thought it was oging to be big. I had apologized for the event held as they all thought i was holding it haha.
anyways... checking out.

Quick Reply: Bay Area Mini Lexus Meets "NORCAL CERTIFIED"