Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Help a fellow member out parting out car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07 | 06:42 PM
d00t
Rookie

Default Help a fellow member out parting out car? UPDATE 11/10

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about parting out my car, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help. I'm not super confident about doing it on my own, as it would consist of pulling the head (to remove head gasket/head studs).

My car is turbo charged, and I want to replace/remove EVERYTHING (ie: gauges, turbo, headgasket kit, intercooler, fuel return kit, pump, suspension [tein flex+edfc], sway bars, frame connectors) you name an aftermarket part that has to do with suspension/turbo my car probably has it.

Anyways, I'm not confident doing everything myself, and I will be buying all the stock parts to replace it. But I don't have the money to front a mechanic the money as well as buy all the parts. So I was wondering if anyone is pretty well mechanically inclined that would be willing to help me out on the weekend/free time. I would pay you for your time once all the parts and car sells, but I'm just not enjoying the car like I thought I would. Depending on what's out there.. and how serious people are I'd be willing to start ASAP as I have a daily beater.

Oh, I'm in Fremont BTW. Student with no job.. need something to occupy my time . I have a shipping resource lined up, so I just need help removing and organizing parts.

Any one who would be up for the challenge let me know!

**Pictures of car/parts can be provided for reference .

Seeing if there's any interest to sell it out right:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=312196

Check it out .

Aaron

***UPDATE***

I'm deciding to keep the car for now, but want to get rid of ALL the turbo stuff. I'm going to keep all the suspension, but the turbo kit, gauges, and everything that involves the turbo I would like off. I just started a new job, and I have to pay for college, and also make a car payment, so I'll be looking for stock intake, header, and exhaust. I'm keeping the lower compression kit on, so no tearing down to the head. I was told I can keep lower compression, use 85 octane and only lose like 10hp (which I don't care about).

Anyways, if anyone has stock exhaust, header, intake, and ECU (the stock one was hardwired with emanage) let me know! As soon as I buy those parts, I'll be asking for some help. I thought I would have a daily driver lined up, but I won't. So I would like to be able to get the whole part out done in a weekend.

Last edited by d00t; 11-10-07 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-12-07 | 10:07 PM
Aries
Lead Lap

I'm willing to help. I'm really good at keeping you company while you do the work. and I can occasionally unscrew a bolt thats hard to reach and carry stuff . I work for beer. yeah, i'm not much help
Old 10-12-07 | 10:52 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

I'll see if I can give you a hand, and all Aries states is true...even when its work being done on her own car.
Old 10-12-07 | 11:23 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

If you happen to have an ls400 im your man, if not im still willing to help
Old 10-12-07 | 11:52 PM
Aries
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Baoser
I'll see if I can give you a hand, and all Aries states is true...even when its work being done on her own car.
That's not true, I did my woodtrim, and painted calipers, and did most of the work on my retrofitted lip.....and some other stuff I can't think of.

party at d00t's!!!
Old 10-13-07 | 12:43 AM
kalristo
Lexus Test Driver

lets just have a mini meet on your front porch block full of lexus's and well all wear black i love being suspicious!
Old 10-13-07 | 09:41 AM
d00t
Rookie

Originally Posted by Baoser

Sweet thanks! Like I said, only thing I'm worried about it the headgasket. Oh, and the gauges. Tracing down all the wiring and stuff. Besides that, it's basically just unbolting **** (down pipe, intercooler, etc.) Let me know when you're down to help and what not.

And sure! But I'm broke so BYOB! I live in a town house so we can just take up the whole block .
Old 10-13-07 | 09:55 AM
d00t
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brandicus
If you happen to have an ls400 im your man, if not im still willing to help
Sorry.. It's an IS300. But if you're up for the challenge!
Old 10-13-07 | 12:33 PM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

Doot IS300 ive done alot of work on IS300s

Please give me a call sometime.
408 667 3283
David
Old 10-13-07 | 02:18 PM
d00t
Rookie

Hey David,

Will do! Thanks!
Old 10-13-07 | 04:36 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Keep me posted on the part out mini meet. I'll swing by if I'm free.
-Will
Btw, I'm not comfortable about drinking and working. I was a part of a crew of misfits that was ASDM Certified. (Automotive Service of Drunk Mechanics, LOL) We would drink while one guy worked on the car. Not very productive but lots of fun times. (I got ASE Certified shortly after that, instead)
Old 10-13-07 | 05:22 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Keep me posted on the part out mini meet. I'll swing by if I'm free.
-Will
Btw, I'm not comfortable about drinking and working. I was a part of a crew of misfits that was ASDM Certified. (Automotive Service of Drunk Mechanics, LOL) We would drink while one guy worked on the car. Not very productive but lots of fun times. (I got ASE Certified shortly after that, instead)
I used to be a part of that exclusive organization also!! Accept we all took a hand in working on the car. It helps when you smash a knuckle though, you dont feel it til the next day!
Old 10-13-07 | 06:11 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RTGS400
I used to be a part of that exclusive organization also!! Accept we all took a hand in working on the car. It helps when you smash a knuckle though, you dont feel it til the next day!

You had your own set of misfits that were ASDM Certified? I thought we were the only ones. LOL Fun times though, huh?
Old 10-13-07 | 08:51 PM
d00t
Rookie

But it's the moral support that counts guys! .

Seriously though, any help is greatly appreciated. I've had some people offer me to trade stock for aftermarket on the suspension. So that's taken car of. I do how ever need stock engine components: header, intake, exhaust.

So far no luck on straight sale =/
Old 10-13-07 | 10:31 PM
chiu_888
Driver School Candidate

i may have a whole bunch of stock parts feel free to contact me if you need them. i can also give you a hand with the parting out

Carlin

Quick Reply: Help a fellow member out parting out car?