Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Got screwed by CL member in classifieds. Any "reputable" and local Tein dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-07, 07:28 AM
Johnjohn13
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got screwed by CL member in classifieds. Any "reputable" and local Tein dealer?

As you probably know and seen on my post under the Feedback section, I got screwed by a CL member from Canada. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=315050. It really sucks to be out $950 for something I can't even use. Anyway, any of you guys have any source for Tein CS for my 1st gen GS, preferably local so I don't have to deal with internet frauds?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-07, 08:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

have you tried exact motorsports? i believe they can get tein and they are very reputable here
Old 11-01-07, 09:41 AM
HELLAFLUSH
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my tein coilovers at autornd. They're local and get the parts fast.
Old 11-01-07, 10:53 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

This member has only been a member since March of 2007 with only 67 posts. This is what we call an unestablished member. A moderator should have stepped in and asked for some vouches or references before he/she can continue the sale. Im sorry about your loss. I feel that you should definetly be entitled to all your money back as soon as possible. I also like the way he put "I will not screw you over" at the bottom of his post. He didnt even mention the damage that was done to the damper.
Old 11-01-07, 11:34 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

did u pay through paypal or escrow services ?
Old 11-01-07, 12:38 PM
tam4G63
Driver

Originally Posted by Johnjohn13
As you probably know and seen on my post under the Feedback section, I got screwed by a CL member from Canada. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=315050. It really sucks to be out $950 for something I can't even use. Anyway, any of you guys have any source for Tein CS for my 1st gen GS, preferably local so I don't have to deal with internet frauds?

Thanks in advance.
I have two xtra Tein Cs Coilover at home somewhere, i'll check tonite to see whats the conditions ... if u want it you can have it.
Old 11-01-07, 03:12 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Try Carson, they are a sponsor and are good to deal with. Tell them what happened, maybe they will help.
Old 11-01-07, 07:44 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ouch, I just read the linked thread. Man that's unfortunate that it happened that way. Someone mentioned Exact Motorsports which I also have done business with and I think he can get you Tein products if you give him a call.
Old 11-01-07, 08:46 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

you should try to get another set from tmengineering. they gave me unbeatable prices. bought 2 sets of teins from them. never had an issue.
Old 11-02-07, 07:36 AM
Johnjohn13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tam4G63
I have two xtra Tein Cs Coilover at home somewhere, i'll check tonite to see whats the conditions ... if u want it you can have it.
Wow, thank you so much and that would be very appreciated. And to all that responded, thank you for the local shop references. I did pay via Paypal but since the transaction was outside of Ebay, their Buyer Protection Policy does not cover it. I did file a "chargeback" from my credit card company so hopefully they reimburse me for my lost.

I have done many transactions here on CL with large items/large amounts. All have gone smoothly but then again, I was the seller. I really can't understand how people like 4doorvip can sleep at night knowing they had full intentions of fraud. The worst part was that, they experienced it themselves had the nerve to complain, then just turned around and without any thought did the same thing to another member. But I believe in "pay back" so I will leave it at that.

Thank you all.
Old 11-02-07, 12:21 PM
tam4G63
Driver

Wow, thank you so much and that would be very appreciated. And to all that responded, thank you for the local shop references. I did pay via Paypal but since the transaction was outside of Ebay, their Buyer Protection Policy does not cover it. I did file a "chargeback" from my credit card company so hopefully they reimburse me for my lost.

I have done many transactions here on CL with large items/large amounts. All have gone smoothly but then again, I was the seller. I really can't understand how people like 4doorvip can sleep at night knowing they had full intentions of fraud. The worst part was that, they experienced it themselves had the nerve to complain, then just turned around and without any thought did the same thing to another member. But I believe in "pay back" so I will leave it at that.

Thank you all.
I'll check the shed tonite .... its in there somewhere and let u know .... Its for a 98+ Gs ... so hope u can transfer what parts that are needed.
Old 11-02-07, 06:19 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tam4G63
What a guy!
Old 11-02-07, 07:58 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another low poster .. I'd do shops IMO

good luck
Old 11-02-07, 08:56 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the worst that can happen with this kind of transaction. It really ruins the trust you must have, that all will work out. I feel bad for you, but there are lessons to be learned here. I hope you can get this resolved soon.
Good luck,
-Will
Old 11-03-07, 12:37 PM
tam4G63
Driver

Thank you all.
Hey John .... Pm'ed you .... Let me know ....

Quick Reply: Got screwed by CL member in classifieds. Any "reputable" and local Tein dealer?