Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

is there another tuner beside dyno spot racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-07, 09:18 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of the following:

-BlackTraxx Performance
I know a couple people that work there. One of them is the Supra Doctor. Very knowledgeable about the 2JZ. I know of a fully built AEBS NA-T Supra that was done there. They also custome fabricate some of their own parts.

-Dyno Spot Racing
There was a ClubLexus meet there a couple years ago. One of my friends got his Supra dynotuned there. The 76 gas station down the street has the 100 octane at the pump.

-Tech 3 Performance

Located off of Monterey rd. in San Jose. They just got a new Dyno last year. They have been in business for as long as I can remember.

-Midnight Performance
Located in Rancho Cordova. Two of the guys that go there have gotten most of their work done for their NA-T SC300s. They fully built and tuned my neighbors' Turbo Civic Si. The guys are fair and knowledgeable about the 2JZ.
Old 11-12-07, 05:38 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
We had a great Dyno Day mini meet with 15+ cars at DynoSpot before.

A couple people have tried them to Tune an SAFC with moderate improvements, but they are more expert at Tuning Euro cars.

Really no expertise with Lexus.

I also tried to have FullFunction tune my GS. They don't claim to be experts on Lexus either but they have the capability. There are some good people there, but they are so booked that I would have to wait a couple of months.

I believe they would of been able to tune my car, but it would cost me dyno labor hours because my car would of been a guiney pig for them to learn Lexus.

Pete at Works may focus on EVOs , but he was originally an engineer for Dinan and the bottom line is he is Technically Highly skilled. The power he got out of my car with such low boost was awesome.

Can't wait to see what I get if I bump up to 7 - 8 lbs of boost . Still no Internal engine mods required at that boost level.
I had my AEM EMS tuning done @ FF. (I dont want to comment just yet on my expirience, as there are still some unresolved issues pending )
But you are correct , They are good at what they do....And they have done a handful of Supras successfully.......But is FF particularly knowledgable or exp w/ the 2jz platform ? .......Probably not?
BTW What type of engine/fuel mgmt is the OP is looking to have tuned?
If its an AEM or any other standalone for that matter. As long as you are waiting 2 months already, I would contact John Reed either directly, or Blacktraxx i believe will arrange it too...And see when he is planning to be in the area .
Old 11-15-07, 01:27 AM
cummins
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
I had my AEM EMS tuning done @ FF. (I dont want to comment just yet on my expirience, as there are still some unresolved issues pending )
But you are correct , They are good at what they do....And they have done a handful of Supras successfully.......But is FF particularly knowledgable or exp w/ the 2jz platform ? .......Probably not?
BTW What type of engine/fuel mgmt is the OP is looking to have tuned?
If its an AEM or any other standalone for that matter. As long as you are waiting 2 months already, I would contact John Reed either directly, or Blacktraxx i believe will arrange it too...And see when he is planning to be in the area .
I agree on John. Nobody and I mean NOBODY tunes these cars (or any imports for that matter) better than John Reed and that includes Bruce, Full Function or any one else in northern cali. John doesn't work with Blacktrax he just used their dyno a few times to tune some cars. If you all want work done you can contact me and I can get a hold of John. He's the only person I trust with my car and I've met just about everyone/shop here in the bay. Oh BTW, for those that know of the na-t supra that is my friend Calvin but he sold it recently. His car made 450 hp at 1 bar on pump. Not bad for an na-t with a small pea shooter turbo. Of course it was tuned by John Reed too. The car is still in the bay he sold it to a local friend so you should still see it roaming around. And Frank of Racetune has closed shop long ago and he moved to LA. Frank is a cool *** dude he just got overwhelmed with trying to run a shop all by himself.