Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Put On Your Front Plates

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 12:15 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put On Your Front Plates

So i was driving on 101S near 87. with lots of cars on the road. everyone was going 70ish. i was following traffic. and i see a cop on the shoulder ready to enter the freeway so i row down my front windows before i pass his car. the cop gets on the freeway (i am in the fast lane) he merges over to the fast lane and slowly catches up to me and i merge over to my right lane and he starts pacing me and i was going 65 so no problem there. and he speeds up alittle and check out the front of my car .... and WOW.. NO FRONT PLATE. so he slows down and he gets behind me. now i KNOW i am gonna get pulled over. so i merge right again seeing if he would follow. And he did! then the lights came on.

i pulled over on the side of the freeway. he come up and tells me i pulled you over for no front plate. i was like "ok". and he told me he just finished a course on catching ppl with modifications on the cars. he asked if my window tint was legal (keep in mind front windows were rolled down already) and i roll up alittle and show him. he tells me "well its not that dark.. but you can't have any tint in the front."

i dont know if i could of just refused to roll up my window to show him. but i didnt want to make a huge thing about it. he might of given me a ticket for the car being too low. or find other things i did wrong.

so anyways.. he then asks me if i had engine modifications. i tell him intake. tells me to pop the hood. so i did

he sees a intake (k&N) and he tells me "you can't have a open filter for the intake. i've seen this its illegal." i told him yeah i can. the carb sticker is right there. hes still like "no" so i told him to double check.

he gets in his car and does his thing. TAKING FOREVER

and comes back tells me "ok.. intake i will let slide". he covered up the top part of the ticket with my registration and lic, he told me to sign and the cop said "i'm giving you a ticket for no front plate, drill some holes and get it on" but i look at the copy i have, he added in the front window tinted. and i signed with pencil. just kinda weird. so i got a ticket for no front plate/ and front tint windows.

just thought i would share this. just a VERY lame reason to get pulled over. out comes the doublesided tape for for the plate.

PUT ON YOUR FRONT PLATE EVERYONE!
Old 12-08-07, 01:18 PM
justinSC
Pole Position

That sucks man. I finally decided to just bite the bullet and put on my front plate after getting 2 citations for it. Also Ive gotten cited for my tint and exhaust... Lots of cops around san jose lately so be careful! Seems they are really cracking down on modifications..
Old 12-08-07, 01:51 PM
sneakyazn
Driver

Ahh, what a pain in the ***. How much are the fix it tickets? 10 each?
Old 12-08-07, 01:51 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

never.....
Old 12-08-07, 02:00 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

i dont think he noticed my exhaust.

i think its $10 total IF i fix the problem. if not i think its like $100 fine for window tint. front lic plate i can just tape on.
Old 12-08-07, 02:26 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

...lol been there done that. i now have holes in all my cars. its not that big of a problem to me...bumpers can always be replaced.
Old 12-08-07, 04:00 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got pulled over in my dad's conquest with no front plate. all we did was make a bracket from under the bumper so we didn't have to drill holes. works perfectly, can take it off within 5 seconds after you get it checked and signed off.
Old 12-08-07, 04:36 PM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

I got 2 no front plate tickets in less then 3 months. I think they remember my car LOL

They did the samething to me. Followed and when i switched lanes he passed me to look for a front plate and i tried to turn down a street and he stopped in the middle of the road, put it in reverse and lit me up lol they got too much time on their hands i tell you
Old 12-08-07, 07:46 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same thing happen a few years back, so two fix it tickets later, I just put the front plate on and havent had a problem since. Its also gives a lot more peice of mind when I drive, knowing its one less thing they can pull you over for, and then end up asking all kinds of questions about other mods as they did in this case for ShaneC.
Old 12-09-07, 01:31 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry to hear about that....the ticket for tint SUCKS!

if you know some cops...just bring it to them and get it signed off..... and pay the $10 fix-it fee.....
Old 12-09-07, 01:32 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DZLEXIK
I got 2 no front plate tickets in less then 3 months. I think they remember my car LOL

They did the samething to me. Followed and when i switched lanes he passed me to look for a front plate and i tried to turn down a street and he stopped in the middle of the road, put it in reverse and lit me up lol they got too much time on their hands i tell you
that's how they make $$$$ to fill the state deficit!
Old 12-09-07, 01:52 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks, i got a "warning" for no front plate and fix it ticket for front tint the day of that jdm theory toy drive...originally pulled me over for my plate but i talked my way out of it...but he gave me a tint ticket still...deuce =(

i gotta wait for it to come in the mail before i have to get it signed right?
Old 12-09-07, 02:02 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Baoser
that sucks, i got a "warning" for no front plate and fix it ticket for front tint the day of that jdm theory toy drive...originally pulled me over for my plate but i talked my way out of it...but he gave me a tint ticket still...deuce =(

i gotta wait for it to come in the mail before i have to get it signed right?
i think even if you got the front lic ticket with the tint its the same price for court fees of you fix it. the front lic is easy to tape on.
and yah. wait till you get the ticket in the mail.. sometimes they do get lost.
Old 12-09-07, 02:04 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kickin8
sorry to hear about that....the ticket for tint SUCKS!

if you know some cops...just bring it to them and get it signed off..... and pay the $10 fix-it fee.....

possibly i could get it signed off. (asking around) i dont want to rip the tint off.
Old 12-09-07, 02:09 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

also on nov. 15th i got pulled over for leaving a parking lot driving a little too agressive. tires scretched alittle. i didnt see the cop. but log story short. the cop let me go cuase it was my brithday and the main thing he wanted was to catch me with is illegal engine mods. what was a GOOD DAY!!

Quick Reply: Put On Your Front Plates