Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

got a ticket for not doing anything

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08, 02:59 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down got a ticket for not doing anything

so i have my car parked in front of my house on a jack stand, and today i found a ticket on it saying i was parked on the wrong side of the road, thats just dumb.
Old 01-07-08, 08:33 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

bahahahaha that happened to me...i parked right in front of my own house...

i come outside and i have a ticket for parking the wrong direction as well as a no front plate...so lame
Old 01-07-08, 08:45 AM
gqchynaboy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300fives
so i have my car parked in front of my house on a jack stand, and today i found a ticket on it saying i was parked on the wrong side of the road, thats just dumb.
Well, were you parked in the wrong direction?
Old 01-07-08, 09:30 AM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gqchynaboy
Well, were you parked in the wrong direction?
If you were parked in the wrong direction then you 'did something'. Haha, it's stupid, but oh well...
Old 01-07-08, 11:32 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

what area is this in? i got a not curbing my wheel ticket in SF before but the officer write a extra "0" infront of my lic plate # so never got a ticket.
Old 01-07-08, 02:19 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

What a coincidence, a friend of mine just told me he also got a ticket for parking in the wrong direction in front of his house.
Old 01-07-08, 02:50 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sucks man but you should park in the right direction haha... For whatever reason, a few years ago, they were monitoring our neighborhood for parking for a month or so, on the first day they got like 6 people on my block. I've personally gotten this twice in my neighborhood. Not really anything to dispute but it still sucks.
Old 01-07-08, 04:19 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

that totally sucks.. my friends wer playing right outside my house where he was carrying her around in his arms and decided to set her down in the trunk to rest (trunk was open, getting stuff out of car to house). apparently some1 called the milpitas police and said a guy is putting dead girl in trunk and the whole shebang showed up and said FREEZE! my friend stuck her head out of the trunk and was like HUH?

it took a whole 45 seconds or so for police to show up... then when someone rear ended me and we were in the middle of the freeway, i called 911 and it took them at least 15 minutes to pick up.

then i read a newspaper article....
a guy calls 911 and tells them... theres 2 ppl outside my house stealing stuff from my shed. 911 replies: oh, we will take a look later, we have no available units in your area. 3 minutes later, the same guy calls 911 and said, you want what? its okay, i went outside and shot them with my shotgun. 3 min later... half a dozen cars arrive to the scene and asked the guy where he shot them. the guy replied. i didnt shoot anyone. the theives left already, and i thought you guys said there weren't any units in the area?

lol.
Old 01-07-08, 07:20 PM
gqchynaboy
Driver

Originally Posted by tcheung87
If you were parked in the wrong direction then you 'did something'. Haha, it's stupid, but oh well...
Stupid? Vehicles that are parked against the traffic flow cause a safety hazard when they cross the centerline to enter and exit the parking space.
Old 01-07-08, 07:31 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gqchynaboy
Stupid? Vehicles that are parked against the traffic flow cause a safety hazard when they cross the centerline to enter and exit the parking space.
True, but there are handfuls of things that are more deserving a ticket than simply parking in the wrong direction. I do not park in the wrong direction and never do, but I do know a few people who do on occasion and it's not as irresponsible an action as say crossing double yellow lines to make left turns which are far more common and dangerous.
Old 01-07-08, 08:16 PM
Spitfire86
Pole Position

ouch, how much was the ticket for? lol is it still considered a "moving" violation?
Old 01-07-08, 08:28 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once woke up early one morning and found a ticket on my windshield. I was cited for having expired tags.
Old 01-07-08, 11:30 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I once woke up early one morning and found a ticket on my windshield. I was cited for having expired tags.
Wow, the officers must be trying to meet their quota. I would think they would find better things to do with their time than that.
Old 01-08-08, 12:00 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewwake
Wow, the officers must be trying to meet their quota. I would think they would find better things to do with their time than that.
Agreed, the officer is really hurting for something to do.

One time an officer knocked on my door and asked if those cars were ours parked out front and told us they were blocking the driveway. Ahem "MY" driveway !!!!

We found tickets on two of the cars.

As far as facing the wrong way on the street, as commented earlier this would mean the car had to be driven down the opposing side of traffic to be facing that way and it would require driving on the wrong side of traffic to get the car back out of the parking spot.

I know in a residential area this is no big offense, but the po po doesn't differentiate between parking wrong in a residential area versus parking in a business district.
Old 01-08-08, 12:31 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

911 is a joke.. it was useful 10 years ago. no waiting stuff..

Quick Reply: got a ticket for not doing anything