Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

CL Cleans up at JDM Theory meet. (meet follow up thread)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 06:23 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice cars and congrats! But I think my next car will NOT be another Lex...They're just NOT fast enough for me. Maybe something more along the lines of a TT Porsche instead or Viper to sit next to the Supra.

Last edited by Supraristo; 01-15-08 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-15-08, 08:16 PM
z4frosik
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow guys all your cars are sick, keep reppin those lex's to the fullest ^ big props to the 2nd gen IS guys.
Old 01-15-08, 08:28 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
a few more

Wow! those are some insane fitment!!! very NICE.

Great turn out and Great job to all the winners! Wish i could have made it.
Old 01-15-08, 10:29 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
tell me about it anna, at around 10 i was so "high" already i started touching all over solo
i'm sure solo enjoyed that. wish that i had a chance to talk to some of the socal people that rolled up for this. next time. congrats again to all the winners.

Originally Posted by Supraristo
Nice cars and congrats! But I think my next car will NOT be another Lex...They're just NOT fast enough for me. Maybe something more along the lines of a TT Porsche instead or Viper to sit next to the Supra.
IS-F.
Old 01-15-08, 11:53 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

that grey LS was so sick! my buddies were drooling over it
Old 01-15-08, 11:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
i'm sure solo enjoyed that. wish that i had a chance to talk to some of the socal people that rolled up for this. next time. congrats again to all the winners.

IS-F.
lol yeah. we need another show that doesn't drain us starting from 7am in the morning!
Old 01-16-08, 12:03 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

New pics added to post#8 to #12 on page 1.

Congrats to all the winners of the show. Club Lexus represented in a big way. Alot of SoCal'ers made the trip up for the first time. It was great to hang out with the NorCal family.

Thank you JDM Theory for the hospitality. Special thanks to Solo for getting things prepared for us at the show. Last but not least, ann extra special thanks to Lexus for bringing up the SEMA - VIP Auto Salon LS460 and the 2008 Starfire Pearl IS-F! It was definitely a hit. Thank you Brian, Justin- and Tammy of Lexus and Tony the TLS driver for supporting us!
Old 01-16-08, 07:48 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

tell me about it anna, at around 10 i was so "high" already i started touching all over solo

woah... i just dun like being man-handled...
Old 01-16-08, 11:00 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tell me about it, anna.....

sat 6am, woke up
sat 7am, drove up
sat 12noon, arrive
sat afternoon, rest
sat evening, dinner

sun 5am, woke up
sun 6am, drove up to sf
sun 7am, roll in
sun 8am, clean up
sun 6pm, award
sun 7pm, drive down

mon 12:30, back home
mon 1:30, dead dog...

now my head is spinning again! almost 12 hours at the show, it was crazy!
YOUR DOG DIED?!?
Old 01-16-08, 11:27 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

im gonna assume he meant log....but i hope your dog didnt die...
Old 01-16-08, 11:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I think Rominl meant he was dead tired when he arrived home and crashed and went to bed at that time. I don't blame him because I actually left 2 hrs later than he did and arrived home at about 3:30am.
Old 01-16-08, 12:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i must be way too tired @_@ i meant to say i was like a dead dog sleeping, sorry sorry....

yeah ryan, you the man, can't imagine myself driving home that late
Old 01-16-08, 12:36 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I think Rominl meant he was dead tired when he arrived home and crashed and went to bed at that time. I don't blame him because I actually left 2 hrs later than he did and arrived home at about 3:30am.
It's always tough for SoCal to do Sunday events. Ryan, you make our NorCal events more often then even some of our local members!

To top all this off, many of us also attended the "Before" party the on Saturday, which started out as Will's B-day party for a few and ended up being a mini-meet, HAHA.

What most spectators perceive as a half day event that runs from noon to 6pm at the most for them, is for the participants a 2+ day activity.

As for myself, I had a lot of work and family obligations the whole week prior, so no time to prep the TWO cars. I already stayed up until 2am on Friday to finish off some work obligations and dang i forgot I had to get up at 7 to take my daughter to her High School entrance exam. To top it off she had another activity where I had to pick her up at noon and drop her off elsewhere at 4pm. From there I headed up to SF for the pre-meet party. My opportunity to work on the cars this day was pretty much hosed.

I got home from the pre-meet party at about 10pm and started prepping for an ALL-NITER working on the cars. This included sneaking in some last minute mods.

Atleast I had kaaalvy, this1boy and andster353 to keep me company for part of the evening. It's always easier to work when you have some company.

I think this1boy was the last to leave towards 2am. Since he was coming back to my house at 5:45am, he probably got a solid 2+ hours of sleep.

As is "Normal" for me I finished up both cars about 5am and had just enough time to take a shower and load up the cars and leave. No sleep at all.

I met with DDQUACH and pinoychris at 6am and we caravaned up to SF to meet with TAMR_GUS98 and ldynred, then we rolled into JapanTown at about 7am.

I couldn't believe the line of people at registration when we got there !

Jumping towards the end of the show, we completed the awards ceremony at about 7pm.

We jumped over to San Bruno for dinner, which lasted till roughly 9:30. Then came the 45 min drive back home to Santa Clara.

By the time I unloaded the cars and cleaned up, I didn't get to bed until almost midnight.

Aside from dozing off a bit at the dinner table, I had not slept for 53 hours up to this point.

So as I pointed out on my post #1 of this thread, it may take a while for us participants to post pics, etc. Now you have an idea why.

As you can tell, most others experience is similar, some more than me some less.

Either way this shows the dedication and commitment of the participants to enter these events.

If anyone wonders why we do this?

Well if I can speak for most of us it is not to compete, or the opportunity to win awards; that's just icing on the cake.

The NorCal /SoCal group "is" a family and over the years we have become a very tight knit group. We do welcome newer members as others can attest.

It is because of the people, our friendships, relationships and the comradarie that we've developed over the years that makes this all worthwile.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-16-08 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-16-08, 03:32 PM
kalristoBAN
Driver School Candidate

amen
Old 01-16-08, 08:38 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

wow awsome cars.. congrats to all...this makes me want to move to Cali

Quick Reply: CL Cleans up at JDM Theory meet. (meet follow up thread)