Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

2008 Hamburger Run Palo Alto: Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-08, 04:29 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Hamburger Run Palo Alto: Aftermath

Here is the Aftermath for photos. Please post them and what you thought of your first meet for some people

Thank You all for coming and making it a great meet. Hope everyone had a good time.

-Johnson
Old 03-02-08, 04:34 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

thanks this1boy and teeman3 for setting up the event

will post some pics later....
Old 03-02-08, 04:46 PM
pavelk313
Driver School Candidate

I am not sure what it was... added weight to my car after eating so much or me being laze but my drive home took me an hour...
Old 03-02-08, 04:55 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

haha pavel!
Old 03-02-08, 05:02 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

i know many of you took pix, please share them witht the rest! and we all konw baoser will be posting his 250+ pics soon.. lol

heres few that i shot..

Last edited by rominl; 03-05-08 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-02-08, 05:05 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Great meeting everyone! The run was great, Loved all those twists and turns but you 350 people gotta slow down for us slow 250's

Old 03-02-08, 05:37 PM
madness
Pole Position

Big thank you to Johnson and Teeman for setting all this up. A lot of hard work and dedication has to happen in order for a meet like this to happen. We all appreciate it guys! It was nice to meet everyone today. I was the only one reppin the 1st gen IS300. Oh well. BTW for those curious I found pictures of the one incident we all were wondering about. Ouch. I hope all people involved are ok.
Old 03-02-08, 05:50 PM
Mortifer
Driver School Candidate

Did everyone else have a fun day in the hills? I was in the parking lot at 9/35 when you guys rolled in, "parked" and took pics, then went down the front of 9.
I am not part of the Vespa peeps, but I do ride up there almost every weekend, just another day on the hill with some kid wrecking someone else's day.
Sad everyone didn't make it home safely.

here's some info and a few more from the Vespa forum- http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/vie...043e71ac03ca10

Just talked to someone who was on the ride and he described the accident as a young early 20's kid driving an Lexus SC300 50-55mph around a 25mph turn loosing control, locking his brakes up and skidding into the on coming lane hitting Josh head on. Josh was on his Green Laser (not leading but in the middle of the pack) which was thrown some 100 yards backwards and down into a ravine. Both car and scooter are totaled......
Just got a phone call describing it as horrendous, before we lost the phone connection, I was told that both legs are broken and maybe his back. He was able to move his toes. An air ambulance is en-route.

Last edited by Mortifer; 03-02-08 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-02-08, 06:01 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

wow that does not look good at all. hope your friend josh have a speedy recovery.

Ill post my pics later.
Old 03-02-08, 06:17 PM
2wheeljoe
Driver School Candidate

Well...well. What do we have here. A bunch of ******y Lexus driftin' posers decide highway 9 (a known motorcycle riding spot and bicycle riding road) is there personal "drifting" training ground. WHo's ****ing brilliant idea was it amongst you rocket scientists to test your douchetastic driving techniques against oncoming traffic? Riders like those who nearly paid with their lives, and then some who ride bigger, badder, bikes and go by the names of H** Angels surely aren't going to want to see the likes of your type on 9 any time soon. You see the MC community is much enraged over this type of crap. Its one thing to drive a spirited but controlled manner, and a whole nuther to allow your "members" to drift on 9...35...or any other backroad where you ****ing know two wheeled traffic flows abundantly. Next time we see your limp wristed group of prepubescent asshats and fart can exhuasts driving out of control...expect problems... Enough is enough...:

Signed your friendly local Altamont rider.
Old 03-02-08, 06:18 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow I wish the best to those involved in the accidents and their families.

^^ person above me, BTW i dont think anyone reved their cars or drifted we were just driving and were trying to be very cautious with bikers and motorcyclists.

Last edited by ExTrEmE99; 03-02-08 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-02-08, 06:20 PM
madness
Pole Position

That's just horrible. My best wishes go out to Josh. I hope he recovers completely from the accident.
Old 03-02-08, 06:23 PM
madness
Pole Position

Hey Dude no need to attack everyone based on one person's mistake. We would never wish harm on anyone. One person made a big mistake and now he's going to have to pay for it. Just so you know we all had rules and were told to drive at the posted speed limit and took look out for motorcyles and bicycles. It is awful what happened to Josh but you can't judge all of us based on one person's mistake.

Once again my best wishes go out to Josh. I genuinely hope he gets better soon and recovers completely.

Originally Posted by 2wheeljoe
Well...well. What do we have here. A bunch of ******y Lexus driftin' posers decide highway 9 (a known motorcycle riding spot and bicycle riding road) is there personal "drifting" training ground. WHo's ****ing brilliant idea was it amongst you rocket scientists to test your douchetastic driving techniques against oncoming traffic? Riders like those who nearly paid with their lives, and then some who ride bigger, badder, bikes and go by the names of H** Angels surely aren't going to want to see the likes of your type on 9 any time soon. You see the MC community is much enraged over this type of crap. Its one thing to drive a spirited but controlled manner, and a whole nuther to allow your "members" to drift on 9...35...or any other backroad where you ****ing know two wheeled traffic flows abundantly. Next time we see your limp wristed group of prepubescent asshats and fart can exhuasts driving out of control...expect problems... Enough is enough...:

Signed your friendly local Altamont rider.
Old 03-02-08, 06:24 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

nice meeting everyone.. thanks tee + johnson for organizing and the awesome prizes! sucks that the accident happen.. hopefully everyone is okay!

-david
Old 03-02-08, 06:26 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, does anyone know who that SC300 driver is? The vespa forum is blaming clublexus for what happened.

caligurl: its a Lexus se 300. Rich or Bagel has pics of the offending car.

BTW, was the kid arrested or anything? or just cited? He and his club need to be off those streets. Like JesseK said, "If they wanna drift, they should drift in the ocean with boats"

Quick Reply: 2008 Hamburger Run Palo Alto: Aftermath