Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Serious case of mistaken identity

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 12:56 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Serious case of mistaken identity

Sorry this is going to be a little long, I have a bunch of adrenaline right now.

So driving home tonight I saw a bunch of cop cars around, didn't think much of it. Until about a block away from my house a cop is sitting at a stop sign opposing me, well I pass him and see him pull a u-turn.

Ok, young kid driving a nice car, must be checking to see if I will do anything wrong. Well pull into my street and he pulls in behind me and lights me up.

Since I haven't done anything wrong I park and step out with hands out on the top of the door of course (didn't want to give them a reason). Well as soon as I take 2 steps out of the car, 1 more pull up behind the first.

The first officer asks for my liscence so I of course give it to him. Then he starts telling me that they have been looking for a white lexus just like mine, so I tell him I have been with my girlfriend and her friends all night.

Right after that 5 or 6 more cars pull up QUICK! and they have the helicopter fly above and shine the spot on us. I'm thinking holy S*@# this sucks. The cop starts asking me a whole bunch of questions and has another officer check out my plates and vin and such.

Well I guess some of the other officers not ready to jump on me found another white lexus and were following it so they told me I cleared out and jumped back in their cars and sped off.

WOW, what a fun end to the night. My dad has survelance cameras, so I'll see if I can get a video and some stills from it and post it up.

Last edited by andrewwake; 03-07-08 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-07-08, 01:26 AM
labrealiv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewwake
Sorry this is going to be a little long, I have a bunch of adrenaline right now.

So driving home tonight I saw a bunch of cop cars around, didn't think much of it. Until about a block away from my house a cop is sitting at a stop sign opposing me, well I pass him and see him pull a u-turn.

Ok, young kid driving a nice car, must be checking to see if I will do anything wrong. Well pull into my street and he pulls in behind me and lights me up.

Since I haven't done anything wrong I park and step out with hands out on the top of the door of course (didn't want to give them a reason). Well as soon as I take 2 steps out of the car, 2 more pull up behind the first.

The first officer asks for my liscence so I of course give it to him. Then he starts telling me that they have been looking for a white lexus just like mine, so I tell him I have been with my girlfriend and her friends all night.

Right after that 5 or 6 more cars pull up QUICK! and they have the helicopter fly above and shine the spot on us. I'm thinking holy S*@# this sucks. The cop starts asking me a whole bunch of questions and has another officer check out my plates and vin and such.

Well I guess some of the other officers not ready to jump on me found another white lexus and were following it so they told me I cleared out and jumped back in their cars and sped off.

WOW, what a fun end to the night. My dad has survelance cameras, so I'll see if I can get a video and some stills from it and post it up.
Hi Andrew!

Welcome to life in the spotlight!!!!

In my L.A. neighborhood, we get nightly heli. chases + tracking lights. No need to go to the movies!

I sorta added breaks to your story to make it easier to read....

Hope this teaches you a lesson to be driving a WHITE Lex so late at night. Lol

Chill out and b well bro!

Old 03-07-08, 01:55 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

wow..holy crap..thats quite a story..that woulda been cool to catch on video..haha
Old 03-07-08, 02:12 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn you beat me. I had 4 pull me over one time. 3 the last time.
Old 03-07-08, 02:35 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

haha holy smokes, the thread title caught my eye, had to see what the story was all about. I wonder why they were looking for a white is
Old 03-07-08, 02:54 AM
kurdus
Driver

who said IS? crazy night.
Old 03-07-08, 03:00 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One reason I loved moving out of Cali.....ur crazy azz cops!! They make me wanna stain my underwear!! Ours in Illinois let me go for doing 80 in a 55.
Old 03-07-08, 06:09 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

thank God I don't live in LA... wow. that's kinda crazy.
Old 03-07-08, 07:38 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did you get out of the car when you were pulled over?
Old 03-07-08, 07:49 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

OMG!

that will be scared the **** out if it experience ???
Old 03-07-08, 08:14 AM
surferlife
Driver

hahaha damn. at least we know cops here are on their ******
Old 03-07-08, 09:49 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DoHwan
thank God I don't live in LA... wow. that's kinda crazy.
I live in the northern suburbs of Sacramento, I was coming from Roseville into Antelope for those that know the area. If it was south sac that would be a different story.

And where has this other white SC been the whole time? I never see one driving around.

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
wow..holy crap..thats quite a story..that woulda been cool to catch on video..haha
Ask and thou shall recieve.... later today, when my dad gets home from work.

Originally Posted by Suneet
Why did you get out of the car when you were pulled over?
I didn't do anything wrong and of course I did it wil slow movements and hands up on top of the door. Also I was blocked in so I couldn't go anywhere.

Originally Posted by surferlife
hahaha damn. at least we know cops here are on their ******
Not true, they followed the wrong car. I have my daizen stickers on both quarter windows and a bands sticker on the rear. Very distinct car so they dropped the ball on that one.
Old 03-07-08, 10:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha that's some interesting experience. but you handled it cool
Old 03-07-08, 10:23 AM
surferlife
Driver

Originally Posted by andrewwake

Not true, they followed the wrong car. I have my daizen stickers on both quarter windows and a bands sticker on the rear. Very distinct car so they dropped the ball on that one.
Yeah, but when they get a call, its to follow a white lexus coupe. they dont say whether or not it has stickers
Old 03-07-08, 10:36 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by surferlife
Yeah, but when they get a call, its to follow a white lexus coupe. they dont say whether or not it has stickers
Point taken. Still not a fun situation

Quick Reply: Serious case of mistaken identity