Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Motoring J Style 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 01:17 PM
MoJ Style
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motoring J Style 2008

Motoring J Style 2008
Northern California’s Japanese Car Festival
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Solano County Fairgrounds, Vallejo, CA.

Motoring J Style is back for 2008, bringing you the best NorCal has to offer: hundreds of vintage and classic Japanese cars on display, a first-ever Japanese car swap meet, drifting competition, rally demos, awards, music, and more.

On May 24th, the fairgrounds will again become a car guy’s dream come true: 400 classic Japanese cars will be on display – you’ll see Toyota Corollas, Celicas, Datsun 510s, Roadsters, rotary Mazdas, flat-four Subarus, and 2-cylinder Hondas alongside twin-turbo NSXs. They’ll all be there. And a few surprises, too!

SPECIAL DATSUN FEATURE: We’ll have Peter Brock of BRE Datsun and Shelby fame on hand to sign autographs, and give a presentation on old-school Datsun racing. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear from one of racing’s greats! NISSAN is even bringing out the #46 Datsun 510 that won the SCCA Trans Am championship in 1971/72. Don’t miss it!

Interested in showing off your ride in the show, or signing up as a vendor? Better get your application in soon! Go to www.motoringjstyle.com to access our registration forms. To encourage participation of old-school rides, the car show costs only $30 to enter if your car is a 1985 or earlier model. This gets you 2 tickets to the show plus car show entry! Got a newer car to show? No problem – we’ve got room for you. Entrance in the show gets you two passes for admission, Motoring J Style license plate frames, and the chance to win awards for outstanding cars.

If you missed us last year, come out and see a different kind of car show – a car guy’s car show! Bring your ride and enjoy music and food in the company of friends and family. We welcome everyone to come and be a part of the second-annual Motoring J Style - the biggest event of the summer! Spectator tickets are $20 at the door.

For more info: http://www.motoringjstyle.com

Questions? E-mail us at info@motoringjstyle.com

TELL YOUR FRIENDS WITH INTERESTING CARS!!!

David Swig
Chief Car Guy, Motoring J Style

Last edited by MoJ Style; 03-24-08 at 12:20 PM. Reason: picture links didn't show correctly
Old 03-20-08, 01:23 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

u gotta fix ur pix links
Old 03-20-08, 01:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

David,

Since we're letting you promote this meet on our forum for free, what discounts are you going to offer our members for this event? Both vechicles showing and spectators?
Old 03-20-08, 09:31 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

lol.. He is too busy spamming the event instead of making the listing look nice.

edit:
I think there are a few events going on in that weekend?!?!

Last edited by josephdoc; 03-21-08 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-23-08, 02:13 PM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

i went to this last year. its a nice change of pace from the other car shows around the bay area. im tired of seeing civics. ill be attending again.
Old 03-23-08, 03:18 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UNFORTUNATELY this event is being held on the same day as the "SUMMER KICK-OFF” BBQ / MEET happening in San Mateo.

Meet Thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=342225

All the local clubs have committed to attending this OTHER event including : CLUB LEXUS NOR CAL - JDM THEORY – HELLA FLUSH - FATLACE - DRIFT / GRIP UNIT – MODIFIED TOYS - SPEED ELEMENT - – VIPSTYLECARS.COM – CLUB4AG – G35DRIVER – MACH III - IMPORTFACTOR– REDZONE – N1 CONCEPTS - FULL FUNCTION -

MY COMPARISON:

SUMMER KICK-OFF BBQ / MEET
The SUMMER KICK-OFF BBQ / MEET is a FREE event open to anyone/group that supports the DRIFT, GRIP, VIP, JDM, AWD, OLD SCHOOL and PERFORMANCE car communities.

This Free event lasts from 11am to 6pm and entrants & spectators can come and go as they please, set up a BBQ and just chill with their Import Bretheren in a relaxed family environment.

J STYLE Meet
The J Style event has a $20 admission for spectators and they charge $50 to enter our cars in the event. Some of those who entered their cars last year did not find it reasonable to pay $50 when the vintage cars only had to pay $30, especially when this is event is supposed to be about "Them".

Last year, there were no significant awards given out to the Newer Cars, but the Vintage cars got a bunch of recognition awards. So it didn't make sense why the newer cars had to pay more to enter.

As for a spectator fee of $20, if you want to see some Drift & Rally demos using "NEW" model cars and you want to see some classic Toyota's on display, this event may be for you.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-23-08 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-24-08, 12:33 PM
MoJ Style
Driver School Candidate

DaveGS4 - I've offered discounts to a couple of clubs who showed a strong interest and had a specific person in charge of coordinating their displays. I haven't had significant interest from Club Lexus, but if someone from your group wants to arrange a CL gathering at the show, I'd be happy to discuss with them. I'm at dswig@motoringjstyle.com or 415.479.9930.

As for promoting on your forum, I thought that was the purpose of regional forums such as this - to promote relevant events & gatherings for car enthusiasts?

RMM GS4: Yes, JDM Theory is hosting an event on the same day. Yes, it is unfortunate that the Bay Area enthusiast community has to be divided between the two. There's not much I can do about that.

I'm sorry you disagree with our entry fees. What I've found is that it encourages the attendance of unique and rare cars you don't see anywhere else. Yeah, it costs money to come to our show; MJS is a world-class show full of unique cars and interesting people, and I'm more than confident it's worth a $20 ticket. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
Old 03-24-08, 01:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by MoJ Style
As for promoting on your forum, I thought that was the purpose of regional forums such as this - to promote relevant events & gatherings for car enthusiasts?
It is but I wouldn't have had to ask that question if you weren't attempting to make a profit off of the show by charging our members so much for the gathering or to show their cars .

Given the impropriety of entry fees that disadvantage our Lexus 1990+ vehicles, lack of any offered discount to our membership, the conflict in dates and no "significant interest" I'm closing this thread.