Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

7-26-2008 HellaFlush.com event !

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 09:19 PM
kurdus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they got me on there in less than 12 hours

time to fine tune in my stance! see you all there.
Old 06-04-08, 11:45 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

wonder if id get approved =D

Old 06-05-08, 12:12 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Looks like we're both in the hella not flush club I got denied too lol
Old 06-05-08, 10:23 AM
V.I.P.
Pole Position

^^^forreals...damn i look at the cars registered i think this is not a hella flush event i think its a SUBIE vs EVO meet . 12 subies 11 evos.

damn my old sti that i sold got accepted wtf.

i hope mark isnt choosing the car...
Old 06-05-08, 10:24 AM
V.I.P.
Pole Position

phrozen do you have any more pics....damn those shots look hot.
Old 06-05-08, 10:35 AM
V.I.P.
Pole Position

wow i guess they are running out of cars cause i just checked again and now i see this

Old 06-05-08, 12:57 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm confused

Inconsistency with Lightwave76 being on their flyer, but yet similarly flush entries were rejected and then later accepted??

Is that any way to treat well known and respected CL members?

SUBIE & EVO's attending ?? Does this make sense?

I'm losing the point of what this event is supposed to be about or what the acceptance criteria is.

Since the SoCal JDMTheory meet is on the following weekend, I'm going to be prepping to attend that event, so I don't think I will be attending this meet as a spectator or otherwise.
Old 06-05-08, 03:31 PM
tsmithr1
Rookie

WOW a load of bad info in this thread so let me clear things up!

Originally Posted by V.I.P.
okay i really did get denied

i guess im not flush cause this is what i sent them and i registered 2 other cars for my friends and there pic is on the hellaflush website.

maybe if i got like a 5 mil spacer i would pass lol

You didn't get denied. Did you get an email back saying you didn't make it? We are taking emails in by the loads everyday, and we are only putting in a few cars a day on the website... In no particular order I might add. So if you submitted an application and you haven't seen your car on the site yet just hold on to your seat for a little while longer. If you know your car is flush or even close then don't worry about it you'll get registered.

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
Wow I should try registering and see what they tell me then!
You did and you are on the site...

Originally Posted by kurdus
they got me on there in less than 12 hours

time to fine tune in my stance! see you all there.
thanks for hitting us up!

Originally Posted by phrozen
wonder if id get approved =D
please do... you're ride is

Originally Posted by miss_IS300

Looks like we're both in the hella not flush club I got denied too lol
You are on the site correct? How did you get denied? you just didn't want to wait a couple of days? It takes a little time...

^^^forreals...damn i look at the cars registered i think this is not a hella flush event i think its a SUBIE vs EVO meet . 12 subies 11 evos.

damn my old sti that i sold got accepted wtf.

i hope mark isnt choosing the car...
did you actually submit your sold STI for kicks? if you aren't showing then please let us know, that's a spot someone else could be using...

The event is for any type of car that is going aggressive with wheel fitments.

Mark is a busy guy. He's currently owns a store, works for corporate Nike, has a load of websites himself and other sites that he is constantly working on, he is building cars for corporate auto makers upcoming Shows, traveling across the globe... and alot more... Give him some time. It is a priority but not a main one. He usually checks the submissions out late late at night.

wow i guess they are running out of cars cause i just checked again and now i see this

I don't exactly get this. These cars were submitted and they got approved. It can take a couple of hours or a few days before you will see your car on the site. Definately not running out of cars. We have people coming up from Socal too.

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I'm confused

Inconsistency with Lightwave76 being on their flyer, but yet similarly flush entries were rejected and then later accepted??

Is that any way to treat well known and respected CL members?

SUBIE & EVO's attending ?? Does this make sense?

I'm losing the point of what this event is supposed to be about or what the acceptance criteria is.

Since the SoCal JDMTheory meet is on the following weekend, I'm going to be prepping to attend that event, so I don't think I will be attending this meet as a spectator or otherwise.

The people that have posted saying they were rejected were in fact not rejected. I still don't get why people were saying they got rejected? Did they get an email saying so??? Please note also that quite a few submissions never made it to us. I have a few friends I personally had to submit that are now on the site that tried submitting 2 or 3 times without any luck. If you have this problem please let me know.

I hope this helps. This thread was reminding of the Oreo cakester commercial where the kids are all eating and tommy (or whoever) got oreo cakesters and kids started whispering it in each others ear all the way down the table that tommy got oreo cakesters... and by the time it got to the end the last kid heard billy got his first chest hair. It started with one random comment and turned into something else.
Old 06-05-08, 04:24 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tsmithr1
WOW a load of bad info in this thread so let me clear things up!

You didn't get denied. Did you get an email back saying you didn't make it? We are taking emails in by the loads everyday, and we are only putting in a few cars a day on the website... In no particular order I might add. So if you submitted an application and you haven't seen your car on the site yet just hold on to your seat for a little while longer. If you know your car is flush or even close then don't worry about it you'll get registered.

You did and you are on the site...

thanks for hitting us up!

please do... you're ride is

You are on the site correct? How did you get denied? you just didn't want to wait a couple of days? It takes a little time...

did you actually submit your sold STI for kicks? if you aren't showing then please let us know, that's a spot someone else could be using...

The event is for any type of car that is going aggressive with wheel fitments.

Mark is a busy guy. He's currently owns a store, works for corporate Nike, has a load of websites himself and other sites that he is constantly working on, he is building cars for corporate auto makers upcoming Shows, traveling across the globe... and alot more... Give him some time. It is a priority but not a main one. He usually checks the submissions out late late at night.

I don't exactly get this. These cars were submitted and they got approved. It can take a couple of hours or a few days before you will see your car on the site. Definately not running out of cars. We have people coming up from Socal too.

The people that have posted saying they were rejected were in fact not rejected. I still don't get why people were saying they got rejected? Did they get an email saying so??? Please note also that quite a few submissions never made it to us. I have a few friends I personally had to submit that are now on the site that tried submitting 2 or 3 times without any luck. If you have this problem please let me know.

I hope this helps. This thread was reminding of the Oreo cakester commercial where the kids are all eating and tommy (or whoever) got oreo cakesters and kids started whispering it in each others ear all the way down the table that tommy got oreo cakesters... and by the time it got to the end the last kid heard billy got his first chest hair. It started with one random comment and turned into something else.
Thanks for joining CL and clarifying what is happening.

Looks like technology got the best of people and the main problem is the web based registration and the time delay to respond wreaked havoc.

It sounds like people are expecting an AUTOMATED response to their entry and may have reacted to the non-INSTANTANEOUS reply as a rejection.

So if the web based registration is causing people to interpret it that way, then I'd suggest putting something up that tells people to wait 24hours, etc. to get confirmation.

In the future if you would like to promote meets, it would be good to post it yourself so that you can manage questions that are sure to arrise.

Good Luck with the event and hope this clears it up for everyone.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-05-08 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-05-08, 04:40 PM
tsmithr1
Rookie

Thanks man! I actually had to have a friend register this name for me on CL. No matter what I tried I couldn't get signed up through my email. BippuPXR posted the event on a few forums on his own, which is fine. I normally post it wherever I can, but I can't keep up with them all so I was grateful for the forums he did post it on. After I checked this one out I saw this thread was going downhill fast... so I tried to register to post up info myself.

Yeah it definately isn't automated. I don't think Mark is chillin at his Mac waiting for emails... haha

So keep registering people! I hope to see a strong VIP Lexus showing there

oh... did I mention the raffles we are going to be given out to registered people? Look at the sponsors list on the flyer. You could probably guess the goods that will be given out for free... Free show + free Stuff is as good as it gets!
Old 06-05-08, 06:27 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Now that this is cleared up woo for the event. I just thought it was strange that my boyfriends car who I registered at the exact same time got accepted next day while mine was delayed. Way strange.
Old 06-05-08, 06:40 PM
tsmithr1
Rookie

It's because we're sexist... JK

I have a soft spot for IS300's... glad you are coming!
Old 06-05-08, 10:54 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"" the cars take a bit to process... I saw on the Clublexus people saying they got rejected, and they haven't even been processed yet. thanks man! good work on the help! ""

Not processed yet guys ..
Old 06-05-08, 11:22 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tsmithr1
It's because we're sexist... JK

I have a soft spot for IS300's... glad you are coming!
Thank you for clearing this up will be there to support you guys. Like RMMGS4 said, it's always best to control where you promote your events and do the follow up yourself instead of relying on third parties to promote for you. It usually turns into a "he said she said" type of deal once people who really are not in the know get involved.
Old 06-05-08, 11:42 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chimed in to late , but Just got online for first time in couple of days ..

glad to see you joined the forum Josh .. cleared things up .. I see this was going downhill fast with replys

Quick Reply: 7-26-2008 HellaFlush.com event !