Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Alert: Fog Overlays are ILLEGAL will get u in SERIOUS TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 02:14 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tfz_hebe89
cthru, you the one who works at Broadway Bistro right? your white IS is hot man I wonder why he didnt ask about your wheels and drop
im the one that u saw at bistro.. gf's family owns it. i drive down de anza and stevens creek everyday.. always driving by sheriffs.. so far no tickets.. *knock on wood*..
Old 08-22-08, 06:38 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by is350jonny
im the one that u saw at bistro.. gf's family owns it. i drive down de anza and stevens creek everyday.. always driving by sheriffs.. so far no tickets.. *knock on wood*..
oops I mixed you up with cthru

now I remember which car is Cthru's..the oen I spotted at Lee's sandwich..aalso a hot car..made me make a turn to see the mods lol
Old 08-22-08, 07:04 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

geez Johnson ur a magnet! Sucks to hear about your fix it tickets. Surprised they didn't say anything about having after market wheels. Apparently, I heard any modifications to a vehicle is illegal. One thing I never understand, Factory tint is legal, or the ones that come on Benz. Blue tint all around, how did Benz manage to pass that?
How far is that area from Steven's Creek Lexus? EOS7 geez man I wouldnt want to worry about getting fix it tickets.

Its funny how some cops pull you over for tint, when their own personal cars have tint all around.
Old 08-22-08, 09:28 AM
Minipuck
Driver School Candidate

the blue tint on the fogs are illegal prolly because cops are "concerned" with people impersonating officers. any blue or red light on a vehicle is reserved for law enforcement only.

logically, no cop would be driving a lexus around and pulling people over, i mean, if i was driving my car and i see like a guy with blue lights comin up from behind, unless the blue is coming from the top or flashing, i am not pulling over for that person.

but yeah, blue tint even over red tails are illegal and they will say you are trying to impersonate a police officer
Old 08-22-08, 10:05 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

sighs. i have a hard time removing the tint. its stuck on pretty good............. wtf...
Old 08-22-08, 10:13 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
He seriously said this??? How did you not keep from busting up

Probally the wrong place to start all the "why we pull you over stuff". I think we all know here in California that this state is way too over-regulated and too many tax payer dollars are spent on regulating things that should be considered irrelevant. I dont feel its my place to say how how most serious crimes are handled but a law biding citizen should have the right to mod his car (within reason) without being hassled. I just think the system sucks and these silly laws have gotten a little out of hand.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by CthruIS350
sighs. i have a hard time removing the tint. its stuck on pretty good............. wtf...
Use a steam machine and a razor blade. Chemicals with a small amount with ammonia in them also help. Also if you happen to get an edge up, peel VERY slowly...trust me you dont want that adhesive stuck to your window, it is a PIA to get off.
Old 08-22-08, 10:32 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PandaGS430
Agreed.

Use a steam machine and a razor blade. Chemicals with a small amount with ammonia in them also help. Also if you happen to get an edge up, peel VERY slowly...trust me you dont want that adhesive stuck to your window, it is a PIA to get off.

Thanks.

The law is the law. Vehicle code 26101VC says u cant have any modified equipment on lighting. regardless of color. I just didnt think this was such a big deal that cops would actually pull me over and give me a thorough check.

This thread is to notify everying in the area about the seriousness the sheriffs are getting in regards to modified vehicles.

Roll Down your windows, drive slow, be safe.

I will try that steam thing later except i dont have a steamer. I know the blad thign works but i only ddi thta on window tint no on fog light. i did check but i think the fog light is glass too
Old 08-22-08, 10:34 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Post ticket

i got pulled over coming form sacramento raceway, officer said a piece of paper came out of my car when i had the windows open. I guess
once pulled over asked me to pop the hood. i was missing my carb sticker on my intake. took a picture of the motor,gave me a ticket and had to get the car smogged an inspected at a state smog center. after getting the car smogged,passing and going to court, i thought it was going to be 10 dollars or something next thing i know after paying 39.99 for the smogg and getting my car checked in and out by the state missing work the court tell me that the ticket is 201 for missing an emission devise? A .02 sticker is a emission devise. well sept 15 i go to trial, if i win no pay if i lose 405. Man im going to be pissed off at the system if i lose. im going to ask the officer to show his picture and im going to show current picture to show nothing was missing or changed but the .02 sticker on the intake.
Old 08-22-08, 03:15 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stand by my previous comments but I will say that cops are people like everyone else. Some are cool and some are ******.
Old 08-24-08, 01:05 PM
StockGS400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know how you feel I got pulled over last month in the same area for smoked tail lights but they didn't pop my hood
Old 08-24-08, 01:10 PM
sneakyazn
Driver

so smoke tail lights are illegal as well? what about smoked headlights?
Old 08-24-08, 02:35 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sneakyazn
so smoke tail lights are illegal as well? what about smoked headlights?
If you paint over the lens or lay vinyl. The front headlights are OK as long as you don't do the same. If the housing is painted, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-24-08, 09:29 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does not take much brain for the cops to spot heavily modified vehicles. It’s like a beautiful young woman walking with 20 old grandmas. How can you not to be noticed? If you modified your car illegally what do you expect from the cops?
Old 08-24-08, 09:52 PM
zardoth
Rookie

I work in the same area, over off Mariani and De Anza... the Sheriff also sets up speed traps twice a week along de anza towards stevens creek, usually in the morning and mid afternoon.

Also, there will be a motorcycle sheriff on the corner of de anza and stevens creek (either at the gas station or at the panera) looking for rolling right turns on red and no seat belts at least once a week at lunch time.
Old 08-25-08, 12:29 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zardoth
I work in the same area, over off Mariani and De Anza... the Sheriff also sets up speed traps twice a week along de anza towards stevens creek, usually in the morning and mid afternoon.

Also, there will be a motorcycle sheriff on the corner of de anza and stevens creek (either at the gas station or at the panera) looking for rolling right turns on red and no seat belts at least once a week at lunch time.
Thanks for the input. I know about the bike one at the gas station.

Also sheriffs car at the School /Church parking lot on de anza right after the SC intersection.

some crime needs to start happening... is Cupertino really THAT SAFE that the cops all give traffic tickets? lol

Quick Reply: Alert: Fog Overlays are ILLEGAL will get u in SERIOUS TROUBLE