Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

FiveAxis Wheels in San Jose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-08, 10:37 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
SMOKEY PLEASE EDIT YOUR POST AND IDENTIFY THE SHOP NAME PUBLICLY (CHARGING $180) OTHERWISE DONT POST PRICE COMPARISONS WITH NOTHING TO BACK IT UP.

Otherwise I will delete

Thanks
What is your problem RMM? Is threatening another member necessary?

The shop is Speed Zone on San Bruno in San Francisco. You guys want my receipt also? I can show you how much i paid. Feel free to come by to look at my coilovers installation and EDFC.

Therefore, I will reedit my first post to originally what I wrote because RMM edited it.

Last edited by smokyis350; 09-25-08 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 11:01 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
What is your problem RMM? Is threatening another member necessary?

The shop is Speed Zone on San Bruno in San Francisco. You guys want my receipt also? I can show you how much i paid. Feel free to come by to look at my coilovers installation and EDFC.

Therefore, I will reedit my first post to originally what I wrote because RMM edited it.
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the install or the price, just that you clarify by stating the name of the shop, along with the price you quoted.

If you are saying everyone can get EDFC and coilover install for $180 then just state it's SpeedZone and we're good. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 09-25-08, 11:09 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

SMOKEY PLEASE EDIT YOUR POST AND IDENTIFY THE SHOP NAME PUBLICLY (CHARGING $180) OTHERWISE DONT POST PRICE COMPARISONS WITH NOTHING TO BACK IT UP.

Otherwise I will delete

Thanks
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the install or the price, just that you clarify by stating the name of the shop, along with the price you quoted.

If you are saying everyone can get EDFC and coilover install for $180 then just state it's SpeedZone and we're good. PM me if you have any questions.
The reason why I am not stating the shop is because I don't know them. They are just a local tuner store near my house. I'm not advertising them but I am just telling people that $180 is approx the price to get a shock/springs/coilovers installed.
Old 09-25-08, 11:20 PM
RMMGS4

The reason why I am not stating the shop is because I don't know them.
But you stated you have a receipt from them for your install of EDFC and coilover for $180? Is that correct?

I'm not advertising them but I am just telling people that $180 is approx the price to get a shock/springs/coilovers installed.
My understanding is you clearly stated a quote for EDFC & coilovers installed for $180.

So can everyone get this deal from Speed Zone for the same work as they performed on your car?

your post #6 below
if your willing to drive to the city, there are some good shops here that can do the job without spending $300+ I don't know if this is a good price but exact gave me a quote to install coilovers/edfc for $500-$550. I got a quote here in the city for $180.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-25-08 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 11:29 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Yes. anyone can. Btw, they do installation on springs for $120. I had edfc so they charged me extra 60$. I seriously dont know them. I just went in and asked for quote and they gave me that price. They tinted my buddies car for $200. Johnson's film with lifetime warranty. They also give you a packet and a card from johnson's film and their store.

I clearly didn't want to advertise their store but since RMM doesn't seem like a believer I had to do this. I wouldnt be suprised if this get removes by admin..

Not to mention, Mach 3 on Ocean did springs/shocks installed on my old car last year for $125. And also, 3d audio performance on Noriega quoted me $200 for installation.

Last edited by smokyis350; 09-25-08 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 11:38 PM
RMMGS4

Yes. anyone can. Btw, they do installation on springs for $120. I had edfc so they charged me extra 60$. I seriously dont know them. I just went in and asked for quote and they gave me that price. They tinted my buddies car for $200. Johnson's film with lifetime warranty. They also give you a packet and a card from johnson's film and their store.

I clearly didn't want to advertise their store but since RMM doesn't seem like a believer I had to do this. I wouldnt be suprised if this get removes by admin..

Not to mention, Mach 3 on Ocean did springs/shocks installed on my old car last year for $125. And also, 3d audio performance on Noriega quoted me $200 for installation.
You don't need to convince me of anything, I am only asking for clarification of facts and its up to everyone to decide for themselves.

If you had originally stated the name of shop, I wouldn't of said anything.

If you want to make recommendations, feel free to do so.

If you don't want to recommend the shop and give their name then why post a price? That's my point.

Other members can try these shops and give their comments as well, but if you give a price and don't say the name of the business it doesn't do anyone any good.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-26-08 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-25-08, 11:51 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Smoky, I believe this is the 2nd thread you posted in regarding suspension installation... both threads you failed to post a shop name until the end. All you did was state there was a store, but did not disclose which one.

It is nice of you to share the shop name that have installed your suspension. knowing them or not, it was simple jsut to say where you got it. You dont know Tanabe.. but u can say i got my suspension from Tanabe or brakes from Endless.

RMMGS4 was not threatening you in anyway, there are lot of new members or lurkers on the forum that try to find good deals and you just have them running around in circles figuring out what shop to go to.

I got my Tint done for $160.... in socal. dont remember what store i jsut know the place, but ive referred them many business. Their rates went up to $200 over the months.

The deal you received was a good deal, no doubt. But unless you are for a fact, sure that, that is their market labor price, dont state it in 2 differnt threads then fail to mention. A lot of us have had work done at Exact the price is reasonable for the trusted quality installation.

prices differ from a lot of things... location, brand, quality, and business needs... the shop's rent in shop A may be cheaper than shop B so Shop B charges a little more for labor.

I take photos, so does RMMGS4.. but if we were to charge for photogrphy services, i'd charge more than RMMGS4 cause i think my quality is better , but you get the point.

I think now you have pointed out the shops and the prices, i think its fair that rest of the CL members get to go to the shops and get the same pricing.

This thread isn't going anywhere. if you have questions or concerns, take it to PM with an admin or mod.
Old 09-25-08, 11:57 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I don't want to recommend the shops because I don't want to get banned for no reason. Your a admin on Club lexus you should know how strict they enforce the rules. I am not sure if this is against the rules because I don't read the fine print "dave" says to read. But since a admin wanted to know the shop name and everything in details, I am pretty sure this is perfectly fine to do.

any ways, didnt mean to thread jack. just want to clarify. RMM if you want to discuss this any further you can PM me. I won't be checking here often.
Old 09-26-08, 12:04 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

The reason why I am not stating the shop is because I don't know them.
So why would you recommend a place that you have no experience with? That's the point here.
Old 09-26-08, 12:05 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
So why would you recommend a place that you have no experience with? That's the point here.
I don't know them personally as in. I know them because they installed my coilovers and they did a good job. They aren't paying me to advertise their shop.

I don't believe we need to discuss this any further. I listed my reasons. No need to thread jack. Feel free to PM me.

Last edited by smokyis350; 09-26-08 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-26-08, 12:16 AM
RMMGS4

I don't want to recommend the shops because I don't want to get banned for no reason. But since a admin wanted to know the shop name and everything in details, I am pretty sure this is perfectly fine to do.
So let me clarify this to my best ability.

In general, Anyone can recommend a business so long as they are not an employee, or related to that business, either directly or indirectly. No one accused you of being related to Speed Zone and you had no risk of being banned.

All members are FREE to recommend any business under those above terms. That's why I asked you to name the business, not for any other reason.

Whether the price is legit or the quality of the labor is good, I have never questioned that, but I did ask to clarify what work you got done for the price you paid.

It is up to the members to use their own best judgement.

I am not sure if this is against the rules because I don't read the fine print "dave" says to read.
It probably would of done you good to read "the fine print" as your posts only served to confuse me and probably a lot of other people.

any ways, didnt mean to thread jack. just want to clarify. RMM if you want to discuss this any further you can PM me.
So yes, let's take this to PM if you have any other questions.

Sorry to everyone that wanted to discuss 5Axis wheels. Please post a new thread if there are any additional discussions on 5Axis

Since the thread is now waayy off topic and I believe everything is cleared up, this sounds like a good reason to close it.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-26-08 at 12:53 AM.