Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

bod shops....thay'll get my my aftermarket parts back

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 10:23 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bod shops....thay'll get my my aftermarket parts back

i just got into an accident

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=381663

anyone know any body shops that'll get my aftermarket parts back? rear lip exhaust etc.

thanks
Old 09-24-08, 10:29 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where do you live? I might have a place. I'm not so close to them, but i have a co worker that is.

You might just need to talk to the body shop before your insurance company does so you inform them to replace the stock parts with aftermarket parts in the estimate they give to the insurance company. I hope that makes sense.
Old 09-24-08, 10:31 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your insurance wont cover AFTERMARKET mods by the way unless you had it insured. Thats why most insurance companies now ask. "Is the car modified or stock"
Old 09-24-08, 10:41 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

i'm in novato(marin county)... i'll be calling kartoyz(where i got my lip) and cooks colletion(i've worked with them before)

allstate told me they'll call me sometime tomorrow night...
Old 09-24-08, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
Your insurance wont cover AFTERMARKET mods by the way unless you had it insured. Thats why most insurance companies now ask. "Is the car modified or stock"
it depends. if it's the other party's fault, they have to replace everything even aftermarket. it's not even negotiable, they are responsible for all the loss. happened to us several times, all aftermarket parts replaced

your insurance, it depends, should have asked when you got your policy. my policy covered everything aftermarket. that's why last time we got into accident (not our fault) but we used our insurance to cover first? they got all new aftermarket parts replacement

so talk to allstate and see what's up
Old 09-24-08, 11:34 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
The real question is, is this coming out of your insurances pocket or the other guys? If it's yours, they wont cover it unless you claimed you had it before hand. If it's the other guys, they have to cover it, you may need receipts but not 100% sure. Also, if it's your insurance, your rates are going to go up since you are claiming through them.
Old 09-26-08, 05:36 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your policy. Most insurance companies do cover aftermarket parts but to a certain extent. Also the rear is not that bad. But the side will be money. All damaged parts do get replaced. You're paying insurance for a reason. Good luck on the fix.
Old 09-26-08, 11:09 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, just recently i got in an accident. was completely my fault and AAA covered the repairs of both my car and the other.

note: they are paying for authentic vertex bumper and fenders. i hadn't told them prior that the car is modified. all i had was receipt of purchase and then the invoice of a new one, and the bodyshop got the check to repair my car.
Old 09-26-08, 11:33 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Cooks is a decent body shop.. my dealership works with them directly.. good experiences so far.
Old 10-02-08, 10:58 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

i called all state they'll cover everthing.... does anyone have a tom's rear lip? i need your recipe.... i lost mine but i have my tanabe recipe..... this can help me out, i just need a fax of the the recipe
Old 10-03-08, 01:37 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tommy350
i called all state they'll cover everthing.... does anyone have a tom's rear lip? i need your recipe.... i lost mine but i have my tanabe recipe..... this can help me out, i just need a fax of the the recipe
it's receipt not recipe lol
Old 10-03-08, 01:47 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

btw tommy, what kind of "receipt" do they want? original?

or just some kind of form that show you bought the part?
Old 10-03-08, 08:50 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can always contact a vendor and ask for an invoice. usually that is good enough to send in for pricing info on parts.
Old 10-03-08, 11:39 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

hahah wow i must of gotten hit hard, i need a recipe hahah.... yeah receipt, it doesnt have to be original i just need one faxed to me.... pm if anyone has one for a toms rear....

^i'm going to contact carson and see if a invoice will do fine for them

Thanks for the help everyone....

p.s. estaminet is at 9 grand... talked to the body shop said it probably will hit 17....not gong to be good for my pocket.....rates are going to suck
Old 10-04-08, 01:13 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tommy350
hahah wow i must of gotten hit hard, i need a recipe hahah.... yeah receipt, it doesnt have to be original i just need one faxed to me.... pm if anyone has one for a toms rear....

^i'm going to contact carson and see if a invoice will do fine for them

Thanks for the help everyone....

p.s. estaminet is at 9 grand... talked to the body shop said it probably will hit 17....not gong to be good for my pocket.....rates are going to suck
if you don't need the original, why don't just make a fake one that shows you bought the part. just create some numbers and price, and show that it's shipped to your address.

will that work since they dont need the original one?

just a thought...

Quick Reply: bod shops....thay'll get my my aftermarket parts back