Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

recommendation needed for good stereo installer in Fremont area

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 02:36 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 500 Likes on 249 Posts

yeah you got ripped off on the video bypass portion.

for the popping of the subwoofer. ask them to put a resistor inline with the remote wire to tone down the voltage to the amplifer.
Old 11-03-08, 02:40 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 500 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorP
the only slightly irritating thing is that whenever I turn off my engine, the speaker does pop. The answer I got from Pacific Stereo seems a bit confusing, something along the lines that because the subwoofer in the back is now connected to the Pioneer head unit instead of the factory amp. The only way to get rid of the pop is to replace the subwoofer with something compatible with the head unit. Otherwise, he said nothing to worry about. Does this sound right?
this doesnt sound right at all. there is no way to hook up a factory subwoofer directly to a stereo, thats just all bad. they dont sound like they know what they are talking about.
Old 11-03-08, 03:12 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like they used toyota amp integration harness lol. they are blowing smoke up your *** and dont want to spend time to do the job right. in some instances on toyota's/lexus u can get the stock sub to work with a aftermarket stereo. ive done this on my 92 sc and is very easy this may also apply on other years.

wether it be a stock 5ch amp seperate sub amp there is usually a low level signal input on the stock wiring behind the radio, you can usually get some rca ends and hook them up to the wiring that goes to the stock amplifier. granted this is the solution if you did a bypass on the factory amp and still want to retain it for sub output. remember that your factory amp still needs to be getting powered by amp turn on and getting a low level signal from your rca's
Old 11-03-08, 03:13 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

lemme see if i can grab a diagram for you actually since im not doing anything at work lol
Old 11-03-08, 04:09 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Wish i coulda caught this thread before now, haha, i coulda done the install for you in my garage and saved you some money..
Old 11-03-08, 06:33 PM
ProfessorP
Rookie

man now you guys are making me feel bad That's what I get for rushing this install job - I was going to wait until next week and tinker with it myself with my brother, but I guess I couldn't wait.

oh well I'm pretty happen with the unit nonetheless, and I'll be happier once I put in the 2.0 firmware upgrade.
Old 11-03-08, 08:07 PM
J:M
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ProfessorP
the only slightly irritating thing is that whenever I turn off my engine, the speaker does pop. The answer I got from Pacific Stereo seems a bit confusing, something along the lines that because the subwoofer in the back is now connected to the Pioneer head unit instead of the factory amp. The only way to get rid of the pop is to replace the subwoofer with something compatible with the head unit. Otherwise, he said nothing to worry about. Does this sound right?
Darn, I also wish I logged in and found this thread. DO NOT go to Pacific Stereo. They are one of the worst installers in the bay area. They don't use experienced installers. They can plug the red to the red, and white to the white, stuff anyone can do. But when it comes to anything more "complicated" not a good idea. Not very experienced. They're just a place to get cheap prices.