Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Blackberry Storm

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 02:17 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackberry Storm

Anyone here have the Blackberry Storm? I am planning on getting it but i heard it lags alot and there are alot of problems. Anyone that has it please let me know how it is.. thanks
Old 01-11-09, 03:22 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I was playing with my friend's and it was glitchy and kinda laggy.
Old 01-11-09, 11:34 PM
loitranman
Driver

It's laggy, don't get it. A lot of problems with it after a few months also.
Old 01-12-09, 11:05 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I played with it for awhile in the store when it first came out. I was not impressed. A co-worker told me some recent updates have made the phone better. I have not checked out the "improved" version, though.
Old 01-12-09, 12:05 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

curve / bold ftw.
Old 01-12-09, 10:45 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

I have one..
do you want mine?? enough said~!
Old 01-13-09, 01:20 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

kenny, i still want to play with one... are u coming out this week?
Old 01-16-09, 02:22 PM
bcp_sc300

Yea i was going to go with the storm too but after playing with my friends and its slow as hell, for me i like my phone fast so i went with the blackberry Bold and never turn back
Old 01-22-09, 08:49 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CthruIS350
kenny, i still want to play with one... are u coming out this week?
oopss..just saw this..lol
I guess I'd see you at WEKFEST bro?
Old 01-27-09, 12:07 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

Take a look at the Blackberry Niagara: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ara-explained/

It should be Verizon's version of the Bold which At&T sells and the Blackberry Javelin (8900) which T Mobile is picking up soon. Sounds like it will be out around May for Verizon customers.

I have played with the Storm twice at Verizon stores and really have a tough time entering characters on the keyboard. I prefer a regular keyboard like the Bold has. Verizon has done at least one firmware update and another is expected to arrive soon, however I personally decided to wait for the Niagara.
Old 01-27-09, 01:53 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

The only feature that impressed me was the demo video of Babylon AD. The video looked pretty solid and the audio was really loud, but that was about it.

I like their idea of a clickable touch screen, but it is not very responsive, especially at the corners. You can barely feel the "click action" when you press on the corners. The OS not as smooth as the Iphone. It lags when your scrolling from one menu to the other.

Blackberry is on the right page with the phone. I would wait for the next generation before picking one up.

Im a huge fan of Nokia phones, but as far as touchscreen phones, I still think the IPhone is King.

Now I need to try on the n97!
Old 02-03-09, 11:12 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

We'll i just looked through my old posts and let me tell you, there is a leaked OS update for the storm. What i can say is, finally the storm has gotten better and now can live up to expectations. It's fast, doesn't freeze, everything is on point. Still a few bugs here and there but it is way better than when it first came out. I like the idea of the Niagara so i will probably switch when that phone comes.
Old 02-10-09, 12:04 AM
Mr2KiEu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the Storm, and i love it. of course i had to update it with the new leaked OS. much less lag and glitches than from when it first came out. Verizon now has a buy one get one free deal on BB with a 2 yr contract.

i do admit tho, the iphone has better apps at the moment. the app store for the storm hasn't launched yet, plus its still a new phone. think, the 1gen iphone. it had its fare share of problems also. it to be expected with any 1gen phone.

check out the BB bold or the new curve coming out soon, if you don't like the touch screens. i've heard great things about both phones.
Old 02-24-09, 09:27 PM
exmeaguy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the Blackberry Storm for a few weeks. It takes a little patience for a few days to get comfortable with the touch screen typing. I have been to a lot of Blackberry blogs and you would think this is the worst product out. I totally diasgree. I have only had one other problem with the phone and have found a solution. Any new technology is going to have problems at first. RIM is addressing the issues and this is a great phone and I recommend it to anyone.
Old 03-27-09, 07:25 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah I just got the BB Storm on Wednesday. It definitely does take some time getting use to. My only complaint would be the lag the phone has. The Internet is pretty fast though, compared to my friends iPhone. Texting is also gonna take some time to learn. I'm coming from an LG EnV which is an amazing txt phone. All in all, i'm pretty satisfied with it.

Quick Reply: Blackberry Storm