Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Lexus of Concord Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 12:13 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonC
I think management would eventually figure out whey business is slower than normal compared to other dealers.
That's a reactive versus a proactive approach. It's faster and more effective to help the dealer out with pinpointing where the problem is versus waiting for the problem to persist and worsen, at the sacrifice of both the dealers business and dis-satisfied customers.

Businesses provide a "Customer Feedback" box or e-mail follow up for this very reason.
Old 02-24-09, 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
That's a reactive versus a proactive approach. It's faster and more effective to help the dealer out with pinpointing where the problem is versus waiting for the problem to persist and worsen, at the sacrifice of both the dealers business and dis-satisfied customers.

Businesses provide a "Customer Feedback" box or e-mail follow up for this very reason.
funny thing is, i tried this approach before on sales department at certain dealership, and i guess i got insulted even more. ok, just one data point, haha
Old 02-24-09, 01:09 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
funny thing is, i tried this approach before on sales department at certain dealership, and i guess i got insulted even more. ok, just one data point, haha
That's REALLY bad if you provide feedback and you get insulted.

I would expect a phone call or e-mail of concern, not an insult. I guess it depends on who is reading the box. It should be done by an independent or autonomous entity, like a customer advocacy organization.

As for data points, the more points the better.

Henry = +1

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-24-09 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-24-09, 02:09 AM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had good and bad experiences at Lexus of Pleasanton. I bought my car there.

I scheduled an oil change at Lexus of Concord, but had my dad bring it over there since I couldn't drive it at the time. So I can't comment on their service, yet.

To the OP:

Why are you having them wash your car? I don't let the dealer wash my car, and some people on here are afraid to have the dealer wash their car. Just something to think about.
Old 02-24-09, 09:11 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I totally agree with Glen - very well stated. What's important to remember when reading "feedback" threads is a statistic I learned many years ago when managing restaurants:

When some has a good experience somewhere - be it a restaurant, a bank, or a car dealership, that person tells an average of 3 people. When some has a bad experience, they tell an average of 9 people.

As Glen mentioned, there are bad apples everywhere, but don't assume the tree is bad, and remember the statistic I just mentioned. In the end, it's always best to take a step back and remain level-headed in reading and/or posting in these types of threads.

Javier
Old 02-24-09, 09:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
That's REALLY bad if you provide feedback and you get insulted.

I would expect a phone call or e-mail of concern, not an insult. I guess it depends on who is reading the box. It should be done by an independent or autonomous entity, like a customer advocacy organization.

As for data points, the more points the better.

Henry = +1
yeah, it wasn't pretty, but i have learned to have higher EQ. i just laughed and left. i do have to admit now i am not as proactive in giving feedback when i am not treated right. maybe i am selfish, but i feel like i am spending too much time to help educate them. on the other hand, when it's job well done, i do whatever i can to praise, coz' i think they are well worth my time
Old 02-24-09, 10:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 532 Likes on 281 Posts

Word of mouth recommendations and experiences are very strong. Sadly, there are businesses out there that continue to stay in business despite the poor experiences people have had.
Old 02-24-09, 10:58 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately this isn't a case of just one person having a bad experience at telling people. When I lived in NorCal this was the closest dealership to me so initially I took my car here because they really were good....back in the day.

I had to bring my car here for issues about 2 years ago. Not only did I have to bring the car back multiple times because their tech's could not diagnose the problem for whatever reason, I got the car back with a cracked windshield and paint on my car. They told me that they couldn't do anything since they could not replicate the problem which is understandable. It would have been more believable if the car displayed the same problem upon start up at the dealership TWICE. The service advisers and the dealerships inability to own up to their mistakes was what put me off from this dealer. I had contacted them about the cracked windshield and the building paint on the car and they tried to blame it on me. Their sales department is also extremely rude and unprofessional. I would avoid Concord at all costs and would LOVE to see this recession shut the dealer down.
Old 02-24-09, 12:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

car came back with CRACKED windshield?! wow, that sux...
Old 02-25-09, 08:52 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They're crooks - I only go there to get parts I need ASAP. But the Honda dealer I work at is even worse.
Old 02-25-09, 09:47 AM
rjacket
Driver

While I agree that one person is just a statistic, I also feel that the overall response confirms my disappointment with Lexus overall.

The dealership is a Lexus elite dealer. Even without this designation, Lexus is supposed to deliver an exceptional experience.

Yet there has been no positive review of this dealer, and in fact only several negative comments.

If I were the unlucky statistic, and this dealer were in fact living up to the promised elite standards, there surely should have been some defenders of them by now.

I am also beginning to suspect flaws in the whole customer satisfaction statistics collection process. I've never been asked formally about my satisfaction with the dealers I've had contact with, yet I have fed back when there has been an issue.
Old 02-25-09, 09:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by rjacket
I am also beginning to suspect flaws in the whole customer satisfaction statistics collection process. I've never been asked formally about my satisfaction with the dealers I've had contact with, yet I have fed back when there has been an issue.
i have actually received more than a few satisfactory surveys regarding my experiences, both on sales and on services
Old 02-25-09, 05:33 PM
PMok
Lead Lap

I will chip in that in my experience, the service dept. at Magnussen's in Fremont has done me no wrong... other than giving me a Camry one time as a loaner.

Since I bought my car (at another dealership) I started taking it to Magnussen's Lexus just because it is closer to my home. I've had regular oil changes done there, the brake pad TSIB, and warranty repair on seat and side mirror motor. They even found an oil leak while doing an oil change and set up a separate appointment with me to get that fixed under warranty. They have a really nice customer lounge if you wait for your car during minor service.

After each service they always leave a survey card in my car which I ignore, but they generally also call me afterwards to ask me how the service was so they definitely seek and get my feedback.

My wife's also taken the Lexus to the Stevens Creek Lexus service center (by SJO) once, and she said everything was really nice and they had a nice lounge as well. I don't go there often just because it's too far away and Magnussen's is much closer.
Old 03-16-09, 09:57 PM
iceache925
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 71 Posts

It pains me to say this, but I have been going to this dealer for several years. It used to be amazing and the service was top notch. However, it seems that things have changed there. I've done my home work on this one and have changed dealerships as a result. I remember the amazing Mr. Champion. He was by far the best guy there. He did everything and then far above and beyond. There are still good sales people there. Rich Hunter and Jeff Lao are great. I'm not certain what happened with management, but the head manager was very rude when I had an issue with my 2001 IS300 back in the day. I'll save the drama... but it wasn't very Lexus like. I've since started going to Pleasanton.
Old 03-18-09, 04:26 PM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i go to the concord dealership frequently, usually just for parts. Their service seems acceptable to me, not great, but also not bad either. I had my timing belt and water pump done there recently. The parts guy refuses to give out part numbers for my future reference like its some highly secretive info, wtf?

Quick Reply: Lexus of Concord Dealer Experience