Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Spotted RMMGS4 (Glen) on KTVU

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-09, 10:14 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spotted RMMGS4 (Glen) on KTVU

Just saw Glen on KTVU doing the interview about the killing rampage...sad story...
Old 03-30-09, 10:52 PM
madness
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw him too.... Yes it was a sad story....
Old 03-30-09, 10:53 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I saw him also. I was excited to see Glen on TV, until i realized what the story was about. So many killings. The shooting in Union City inside of a garage was my friend. Its insane the violence thats out there.
Old 03-30-09, 10:55 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

I spotted Glen also
it sucks that it wasn't a happy story tho..
it would had been GREAT if he was wearing the CL T-shirt from EOS
Old 03-30-09, 11:05 PM
loitranman
Driver

Aw I missed it. Seems sad. Yeah my cousin was also there on tv a couple years back. He was taking stuff out of his truck during the day when the reporter asked him questions. I was like wtf hes on tv hahaha. Yeah that was right across the street from his house, some guy killed most of his family/friends or injured them/stabbed. And somehow one ran to my cousin's house and they called the police from there.

Last edited by loitranman; 03-30-09 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-30-09, 11:10 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I missed it even after talking to him tonight. News vans are all over his neighborhood! Murder+Suicide=
Old 03-30-09, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the news even reached me here 400 miles away.. i lived in rivermark for 4 yrs too back then, got me chill reading about this news...
Old 03-30-09, 11:47 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

It was really weird seeing him on the tube. Too bad it was under those circumstances. Hope what happened was an isolated incident and was just some freak thing.
Old 03-31-09, 12:15 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

i didnt see it... but i wanna see it..
Old 03-31-09, 12:20 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey all

I haven't seen the footage yet since I was bringing my mom home from the hospital, and I had several people contact me about the news story.

We all had such a great weekend until the news got out to me late Sunday night. Having this happen in my area is shocking and very sad.

This incident really hit home. The florist that did my arrangement asked me what the occaision was. When I told her the story, she was so touched that she made her own arrangement and asked me to place it for her.

So in these tough times where hardships and tragedy have become so common place, let's all take some time to be thankful for what we have and that we should not take for granted the friendships and activities that we have come to enjoy here on ClubLexus.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-31-09 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 12:22 AM
RMMGS4

I believe that I STILL DO live in one of the safest and most peaceful areas in all of Santa Clara and I consider what happened, however violent and tragic, an isolated family incident, more so than a devious act or crime.

For those who don't know the story, here's the report I copied from The San Jose Mercury News:

Six people, including three children, were killed and one woman was critically injured late Sunday night in an apparent murder-suicide at the Rivermark townhome development in Santa Clara.

None of the identities have been released.

But early today, Santa Clara Police Capt. Mike Sellers told the Mercury News that an Indian passport was found inside the home on Headen Way, and that officers heroically tried to revive one of the children -- but it was too late. Sellers also said that officers found a girl, perhaps 1- or 2-years-old initially breathing inside the home and rushed her outside to paramedics. But she died overnight, police said.

All six people apparently died from gunshot wounds.

One woman, described as in her mid-30s, was shot several times and was listed in critical condition at a local hospital. She apparently made her way outside, where a neighbor saw her and called 911.

Sellers said the shooter, a man in his 40s, was found dead inside the house. There were two handguns used in the killings.

Four victims were also found dead throughout the house. They were: a man in his 30s, a woman in her early 20s, a girl about 4 years old and a boy about 10 years old.

"It does appear as though they were related," Sellers said. "But don't exactly know how. We're trying to sort out ''who is who.

Many neighbors driving out of the high-end development today in Mercedes Benzes and BMWs appeared to be surprised at all the police commotion. And the few contacted by the Mercury News who said they knew the family, did not want to speak publicly. Sameena Usman, a mother who lives nearby but doesn't know the family involved, felt compelled to stop by today to leave flowers and a stuffed animal.

"These kids could have played with my kids at the park,'' she said.

On Sunday about 8:30 p.m., some neighbors in the high-end development sensed that something was amiss at the townhouse. When officers arrived, they came thinking they were responding to a report of an injured person.

Instead, they came upon a grisly scene. Five people were lying dead and two had life-threatening injuries.

The Rivermark development is a well-manicured community with lush green lawns and late-model cars parked on spotless driveways. It has won many development, architectural and landscape awards. And according to the Community Association of Rivermark, there are 1099 homes in this development, half are townhomes and half are free-standing. Homes here are as large as 3,400 square feet, where in its heydey sold for more than $1 million.

"It just simply never happens here. I mean never,'' said Jane Thornton, a neighborhood resident who came up on a scene Sunday night as she was walking her dog. "We are in hard times here.''

The neighborhood near the Sun Microsystems campus and the former Agnews mental hospital is home mostly to young families and professionals who live in a mix of townhomes and single-family houses.

When the news broke about the shooting shortly before 10 p.m. on Sunday, friends and families of Rivermark residents expressed fear for their loved ones.

"People were e-mailing me; they thought it was my family,'' said Michael Garcia, who shortly before midnight returned to his home on the block where the shooting occurred.

Santa Clara is a typically safe city. But there have been unusual violent outbreaks in the last ten years. Some have also been murder-suicides.

Before Sunday night, the deadliest was in 2002, when Taeyoung Schiefer, two months after separating from her husband, Uli Schiefer, killed him, her two daughters and herself in the family's Madrone Avenue home.

Friends described the 42-year-old woman as a devoted mother and said she was distraught after her husband of eight years left her.

In May 2003, Jose Jesus Zacarias, a part-time grocery clerk, smothered and drowned his 3-year-old son and a 12-year-old stepdaughter from his wife's previous marriage at their Harvard Avenue home. He then drove to Santa Cruz and jumped off a cliff to his death.

In December of that year on Benton Street, 37-year-old Todd Vernon shot dead his 39-year-old wife and his three children who were visiting from Orange County, then climbed back into bed next to his wife and turned the .357 Magnum on himself.

Just several months ago, in November, Santa Clara was rocked when an engineer, Jing Hua Wu, allegedly shot to death three colleagues at chip-maker SiPort a few hours after being fired.

Mercury News staff writers Lisa Fernandez, Dana Hull, Jessie Mangaliman, Ken McLaughlin and Tracey Kaplan contributed to this report. Contact Denis C. Theriault at dtheriault@mercurynews.com or (4... . Contact Mark Gomez at mgomez@mercurynews.com or (408) 920-5869 .

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-31-09 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 12:51 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

whoa. that's a trip.

glen> hope your mother is recovering and doing well. best regards.
Old 03-31-09, 08:04 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

wait I was watching the news last night and saw this sad story but I didnt see you.....
Old 03-31-09, 09:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

glen, so what's the story you told? obviously i didn't watch the clip, you know what happened between the family and the gunman?
Old 03-31-09, 09:54 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by projectdna
whoa. that's a trip.

glen> hope your mother is recovering and doing well. best regards.
Thanks - My moms back home and is fine, but the unexpected trip to Emergency happened right after I was interviewed, which is why I didn't see the footage yet.

Lot's of drama yesterday.

Originally Posted by wolverine
wait I was watching the news last night and saw this sad story but I didnt see you.....

I had three cameras and microphones on me at once. I saw three news vans, including KPIX, but I only know it was on KTVU for sure.

Quick Reply: Spotted RMMGS4 (Glen) on KTVU