Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

How was your HIN experience?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-09, 01:33 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm ready for HIN pleasanton It should be fun.
Old 04-07-09, 04:05 PM
CleanS14
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
People still pay all this money to go to HIN? Why?
Same reason people build "show cars" with power/performance mods???
Old 04-07-09, 06:51 PM

hins cool if you dont gotta pay to get in!! and if u make money also! lol only thing sucks is no matter what u still have to pay for parking!!!!
Old 04-07-09, 11:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by djkevin510
hins cool if you dont gotta pay to get in!! and if u make money also! lol only thing sucks is no matter what u still have to pay for parking!!!!
you have to pay for parking at HIN? boy, that's just crazy
Old 04-07-09, 11:17 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad I missed it ,
Old 04-08-09, 01:15 AM
timywong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ werd. glad i was in vegas. ahaha

cleans14 - nice pictures
Old 04-08-09, 11:50 AM
mdenoga
Driver

I was with Garage Inc showing our Chrysler 300c. HIN was wack and I'm glad I didn't pay. No more than 200 cars. As for the cops, I mean people know San Mateo is going to have a lot of cops so why drive something thats illegal. Parking is actually not bad $8 (Previously was $7). The promoter cannot control this because the venue handles that. Attendance was pretty high. I didn't like how it was outdoors and the whole "hyphy movement" was out. I'm sure most of the spectators were disappointed. Poorly organized and a lot of their loyal car clubs were upset about getting limited amount of spots. Bottom line: HIN was better off when they first started.
Old 04-08-09, 12:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mdenoga
As for the cops, I mean people know San Mateo is going to have a lot of cops so why drive something thats illegal.
umm, i am sure more than 95% of the cars showing at HIN have something illegal?
Old 04-08-09, 04:47 PM
PMok
Lead Lap

Nice pics, CleanS14!

well, from what I'm reading it sounds like the San Mateo cops were ticketing the spectators who came in illegally modded cars, not the participants who were showing their cars... I guess I might pay/go to see it all for the drifting demonstrations and hoochies if I took a totally-stock car. except dman even my wife's tC has a modded exhaust LOL. I'd have to rent a car or something.
Old 04-08-09, 06:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by PMok
Nice pics, CleanS14!

well, from what I'm reading it sounds like the San Mateo cops were ticketing the spectators who came in illegally modded cars, not the participants who were showing their cars... I guess I might pay/go to see it all for the drifting demonstrations and hoochies if I took a totally-stock car. except dman even my wife's tC has a modded exhaust LOL. I'd have to rent a car or something.
after the show all cars pull out together anyway, participants or not. when you get out of the venue, they have no idea if you were just spectators or participants though
Old 04-08-09, 07:22 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
after the show all cars pull out together anyway, participants or not. when you get out of the venue, they have no idea if you were just spectators or participants though
Correct, in San Mateo, everyone eventually merges on to the street, but in San Jose HIN, the cops were specifically watching and following the show cars since they have a dedicated exit.
Old 04-08-09, 09:29 PM
mdenoga
Driver

Just to clear things up. Roll-In, there was a police check point after getting checked in to make sure tags were legit and what not. Then participants leaving the venue were not targeted from what I experienced. We were all forced to exit one way where it led straight to the freeway. Stop lights were blocked for us to pass through. Police were just there to make sure we left peacefully. Just don't be a dumbass so you won't be pulled over.

As for ticketing, it was primarily attendees or people who arrived after roll-in who received state ref to moving violations.
Old 04-08-09, 10:14 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdenoga
Just to clear things up. Roll-In, there was a police check point after getting checked in to make sure tags were legit and what not. Then participants leaving the venue were not targeted from what I experienced. We were all forced to exit one way where it led straight to the freeway. Stop lights were blocked for us to pass through. Police were just there to make sure we left peacefully. Just don't be a dumbass so you won't be pulled over.

As for ticketing, it was primarily attendees or people who arrived after roll-in who received state ref to moving violations.
Thanks for the clarification Mike.

Nevertheless, the cops are going to scare off spectators, participants or anyone who has had a bad experience or read all this bad press.

I was looking forward to a "Better" HIN, but it looks like the lack of indoor space and limiting the number of entrants is dissappointing. The cops just make it one more reason for me not to contribute in any financial way to the City of San Mateo, during HIN weekend or otherwise.
Old 04-08-09, 10:23 PM
mdenoga
Driver

I could not agree with you more Glen.