Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

How was your HIN experience?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-09, 02:35 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How was your HIN experience?

Were you a Participant or spectator?
Attandance compared to before
Weather cold temps?
# nice cars
cops?
etc
Old 04-05-09, 02:40 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Wow.... there were TONS of cops around the san mateo event center / HIN giving out tickets left and right!
Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Yeah i got word of that, thats why i didnt go I was suppose to go and look at the pretty uhh cars though
Originally Posted by dis 4 duc
so i got pulled over twice..... first time , exhaust and no front license plate but i have out of state tag... then i got pulled over again less than 5 min the cop told me the reason why i pulled you over because your car is lowered ,exhuast and no front license plate... but he let it go -_-" never going to San mateo again....
Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I bet the cops think HIN = tons of cars with illegal mods parked in one place!!! haha ... and the recession doesn't help either ... they are trying to get money any way they can...

Thats why you park right off 25th ave near the railroad tracks (bonus - free parking!)
Old 04-05-09, 02:50 PM
dis 4 duc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got pulled over! -_-" and he put my car purple.....
Old 04-05-09, 03:36 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my Pre-Hin Experience...haha

http://247media.smugmug.com/gallery/...04416483_puBgE

Old 04-05-09, 05:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

serious? so after stupid san jose and now this? this is getting really retarded. another reason for me to not go to show
Old 04-05-09, 07:26 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Horrible how you cant even go to a car show without getting harrassed by the police. If this happens at HIN Pleasanton. I will not go. At least Wekfest was fix it ticket free...

I think Wekfest is becoming the new HIN type of event.

Man i shoulda went to the pre-hin part like baoser!!

So where are the photos?!?!
Old 04-05-09, 08:17 PM
dis 4 duc

yeah the ticket i got were fix it , but still getting pulled over 2 time less then 5 min is just bs... all i gotta say is im not going to HIN anymore unless im driving a beater haha
Old 04-05-09, 08:41 PM
HELLAFLUSH
Lead Lap

I participated and had a great time. It was one of my best experiences at an HIN event. It seemed like the same amount of people as the last time I attended, probably because the venue was much smaller lol. It was cold but only for the last hour and a half for me. There a lot of police out but personally I had no problems with them. Upon leaving the main parking lot, an officer gave me a good comment on my car even though I had no front plate and an exhaust. I never heard of anyone getting pulled over till now.
Old 04-05-09, 08:45 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Horrible how you cant even go to a car show without getting harrassed by the police.

I didn't even go, i drove by the area around 5 or 6pm, and i saw at least 20-25+ cops pulling people with ANYTHING that looked aftermarket. SOO many hoods open, SOO many people pulled over.

cities need their money, and cops need to meet their quotas. PERFECT time for them to bust people, not to mention how the police dept. was about 2 -3 minutes away.
Old 04-05-09, 10:36 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Amini9
I didn't even go, i drove by the area around 5 or 6pm, and i saw at least 20-25+ cops pulling people with ANYTHING that looked aftermarket. SOO many hoods open, SOO many people pulled over.

cities need their money, and cops need to meet their quotas. PERFECT time for them to bust people, not to mention how the police dept. was about 2 -3 minutes away.
The problem is the cops will collect the one time fees for these tickets and in return there will be less people participating in HIN, less people spectating HIN, which may mean NO HIN next year and subsequently no revenue for San Mateo fairgrounds, taxes, hotel, meals, etc. that the city gets whenever an event such as this goes on and people come from out of town to visit and spend money in the area.

These police actions just bring in some income to the PD for just a few hours, but overall the loss in revenue from the business HIN brings could impact the economy of the city of San Mateo and the local areas. With no HIN, local shops would be impacted as well if there is no HIN to stir up business for them.

Looks like there is no stimulus plan for car enthusiasts.
Old 04-05-09, 10:41 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There were a lot of people there (half of them pulled over with hoods open lol)... but it was outside + $30 so I didn't go in. Just walked around the fence with my friends and we saw pretty much everything lol.

Then we got shooed away by the security guards...
Old 04-05-09, 10:52 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
The problem is the cops will collect the one time fees for these tickets and in return there will be less people participating in HIN, less people spectating HIN, which may mean NO HIN next year and subsequently no revenue for San Mateo fairgrounds, taxes, hotel, meals, etc. that the city gets whenever an event such as this goes on and people come from out of town to visit and spend money in the area.

These police actions just bring in some income to the PD for just a few hours, but overall the loss in revenue from the business HIN brings could impact the economy of the city of San Mateo and the local areas. With no HIN, local shops would be impacted as well if there is no HIN to stir up business for them.

That's the bigger picture right there Glenn. As a business major, those were exactly my thoughts. You should run for mayor of San Mateo.
Old 04-05-09, 10:58 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

The police can give a rats *** about the economy of San Mateo. All they want to do is just meet their quota and get money for their police department.
Old 04-06-09, 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
The police can give a rats *** about the economy of San Mateo. All they want to do is just meet their quota and get money for their police department.
amen, you can't talk logic to these people
Old 04-06-09, 12:43 AM
PMok
Lead Lap

well let's hope we can just chalk it up to the convergence of HIN and Fast & Furious opening this weekend. if cops are going to start cracking down on all high-profile car meets and events then I'm certainly going to think twice about going to any.

Quick Reply: How was your HIN experience?