Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Not Impressed with Coliseum Sales...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-09, 04:11 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Not Impressed with Coliseum Sales...

So we went and test-drove on April 5th.

I emailed the SA at Coliseum Lexus of Oakland with some questions on Sunday the 12th.

No answer. Three days later.

No followup from the test drive either, although he had my email address. In contrast to another two dealers, who have both "checked in" post-test-drive.

Anyone have sales people in NorCal they can recommend? I have one in San Jose, so will be talking to him, but I was wondering if there was anyone at Coliseum or Magnussen in particular....

Thanks.

Sandi
Old 04-15-09, 05:01 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Didnt get my car there......I knew 2 guys working for 2 seperate dealers (not the ones you mentioned), maybe they can help you....

Service there is EXCELLENT, my mechanic (hint hint) really took good care of my car!

If you really want no hassle/haggle, try carsdirect.com

good luck and welcome to CL

Last edited by kickin8; 04-15-09 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-15-09, 06:58 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

i bought my first RX at Magnussens. they now have the best facility there, i mean it is more like a hotel than a dealership.

my second RX i bought from lexus of serramonte. their main site is under construction so they now have this smaller dealership off to the side, but i love the customer service and the service people are the best

i bought my IS at Lexus of Marin. so-so place
Old 04-15-09, 07:18 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Speak with Jeremy Davis at Coliseum. Im sorry you had a bad experience. We have hired a few new people lately. Jeremy will definitely take care of you though, just tell him Ryan in service sent you.
Old 04-15-09, 07:37 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Ryan, thanks!

It hasn't been bad, just a little...quiet. I have questions!

Sandi
Old 04-15-09, 07:43 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
Ryan, thanks!

It hasn't been bad, just a little...quiet. I have questions!

Sandi
Haha, no problem. If you have any technical question, feel free to send me a PM and ask away. I will do my best to answer your questions, and Jeremy will be able to answer your sales related questions
Old 04-15-09, 07:47 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
Didnt get my car there......I knew 2 guys working for 2 seperate dealers (not the ones you mentioned), maybe they can help you....

Service there is EXCELLENT, my mechanic (hint hint) really took good care of my car!

If you really want no hassle/haggle, try carsdirect.com

good luck and welcome to CL
What EXCELLENT service are you talking about? Mine's always been CRAP! I can't believe I keep going out of my way just to get service there.

And then to his house for more work...

And in case you haven't noticed yet, I'm just kidding.
Old 04-15-09, 08:19 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine at magnussens ask for Kathleen tell her Tommy sent ya. Purchased my 06 IS250 from her got a very good price and went back last nov to get a ES350 for my mom and got it under invoice
Old 04-18-09, 12:32 AM
mdenoga
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DJ San Juan at Coliseum Lexus. All I know is he does something with Fleet Sales but I'm sure he could help you out.
Old 04-18-09, 09:19 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Well, it turns out to be something of a moot point anyway...

After I posted here, I had two phone calls from the SA the next day. And an email.

I replied via email, and asked again about the specs on the car.

He replied via phone again.

I did some talking to my finance company, and it appears the CL of Oakland is not on their list - so not an option for me to use them after all.

I emailed the sales associate, apologized that I hadn't known there were "preferred dealers" with the program (since I had not used the program in 3 years, and some processes had changed), and thanked him for his efforts.

That generated two phone calls to home, and a third one to my husband's business cell phone, saying they could probably "beat the Capital One finance rate (ARP)."

In contrast, Capital One had a preferred dealer reference, and the fleet rep that called was quick, knowledgeable, called me back a second time in 20 minutes with info on RX350's that do (not) have the Sport Package, and offered to order me any configuration I liked when I was ready.

I feel bad for the Sales guy, but he's just slow off the mark, and obviously uninformed about the car, not good at answering specific questions directly, and he CALLED MY HUSBAND'S CELL to try and track me down.

I'm sure there are SAs at the Oakland dealership who are good, but since they're not part of CapOne's program, I'm moving on.

Sandi
Old 04-18-09, 09:54 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I work for a Toyota dealership as a sales rep. It is definitly the sales guy's fault that he did not follow up and it was too late once he started BUT it is also the buyers fault for not checking through CapOne to begin with. Point being.... both people wasted there time. I just had to reply because people ALWAYS come test drive/spend 2 hours AND THEN go buy through fleet/internet department. It just needs to be understood that we have families...we work commission and we are human being.
Old 04-19-09, 07:58 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

L3, I do understand, which is why I apologised to the sales associate. It never occurred to me that there would be limitations on which dealer I could WRITE A CHECK at - when I used the program 3 years ago, there weren't.

And to be blunt, it's not my job to feed your family. There are all kinds of looky-loos, and I get that. But it's your job to CHECK YOUR EMAIL, respond to the questions that are asked, and not guilt out someone exploring their options on a $40K+ purchase.

I've test-driven 10 cars now, in an attempt to find the one that I'll be content with. By your logic, I should buy all 10.

Sandi