Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Fender Roll / Pull Shops around San Jose/Santa Clara

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10, 07:28 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, shaving your front will really weaken your fender...
Old 05-24-10, 04:11 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
The trick there would be to lay fiberglass woven cloth (not chopped strand) on the back side of the sheetmetal. It will be a lot stronger and still be light.
Old 05-24-10, 09:59 PM
wutiteez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
yeah I know, but it was my last option since the rims and tires I had were still rubbing a bit
Old 07-12-10, 07:42 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Metal piece in fender need help please

Since getting new wheels, the fronts (mainly driver side) are rubbing against the fender liner ok normal. To counter this I raised and stiffened the coil. However since the rubbing on the fender liner has created a hole, there is an exposed metal piece that has me worried that every time I hit a dip, the metal touches the tire. The tire sidewall is getting scuffed/chewed up. Can I have this metal piece removed? Is that a/the solution or am I way off course do I need to roll or shave? What are my options and what shops in the East Bay/Bay Area can get what I need done. Opinions? Thanks for your assistance!

Pics of the metal piece I'm worried about:

Old 07-12-10, 10:56 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm still hitting that thing on big dips even with my front coils fully stiffened. Go low or go home I guess.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'm going to take my wheels off and see if it looks like its structural and start dremeling away.
Old 07-13-10, 12:05 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

might wanna do it over the weekend for future upgrade

Last edited by sam430; 07-13-10 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-15-10, 11:18 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
$50-$60 for each corner.
Does Sonic MS offer the warranty/insurance against cracked paint? I'm thinking of stopping in. I work kind of close by.
Old 07-15-10, 11:54 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Does Sonic MS offer the warranty/insurance against cracked paint? I'm thinking of stopping in. I work kind of close by.
Not sure, just call and ask. They refused to try it (fender rolling) on my car due to some previous fender damage and they thought it was too risky.
Old 07-15-10, 11:57 PM
sleeper408

Not sure, just call and ask. They refused to try it (fender rolling) on my car due to some previous fender damage and they thought it was too risky.
Dang. My other side has some slight damage too. It's been fixed once already actually.
Old 07-16-10, 12:10 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Dang. My other side has some slight damage too. It's been fixed once already actually.
Might want to just shave your fenders. I hear it's better to do that on the GS due to the thicker sheet metal anyway.
Old 07-18-10, 10:46 PM
wutiteez
Driver

Might want to just shave your fenders. I hear it's better to do that on the GS due to the thicker sheet metal anyway.
i recommend rolling them instead just to be safe....cause after shaving mine, my tires were slightly hitting on turns and both sides are now bent in. The fenders got really weak and now bend in and out real easily.

I finally got some new fenders and will have Sonic roll them for me before I get them painted.

Does anyone know if they can somehow flare the fenders as well?
Old 07-20-10, 04:20 PM
kwg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Since getting new wheels, the fronts (mainly driver side) are rubbing against the fender liner ok normal. To counter this I raised and stiffened the coil. However since the rubbing on the fender liner has created a hole, there is an exposed metal piece that has me worried that every time I hit a dip, the metal touches the tire. The tire sidewall is getting scuffed/chewed up. Can I have this metal piece removed? Is that a/the solution or am I way off course do I need to roll or shave? What are my options and what shops in the East Bay/Bay Area can get what I need done. Opinions? Thanks for your assistance!

Pics of the metal piece I'm worried about:

I had this problem and actually chewed up some wiring on my sc300 at the track. Didn't notice it till it was too late, now I gotta fix it and relocated the harness.
Old 07-20-10, 09:14 PM
sleeper408

Just took in my car to Sonic MS yesterday. Dropped off my car during my lunch break and then picked it up after work. Darwin did a great job on rolling my front fender. No cracked paint!
Old 07-20-10, 09:23 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Just took in my car to Sonic MS yesterday. Dropped off my car during my lunch break and then picked it up after work. Darwin did a great job on rolling my front fender. No cracked paint!
What happens if they did crack the paint? Tough **** or would they have a body shop fix it?
Old 07-26-10, 11:24 AM
chubbyGS
Rookie

I recommend Darwin over at SONIC MS i've seen a few cars that they have shaved in the rear and rolled fronts. There shaving is SOOOO good looks like they were OEM to begin with. Rolling any fender will NEVER BE GUARANTEED to not crack there are so many variables that could happen who ever guarantees their fender rolling are crazy and must have a lot of money to spend....

Quick Reply: Fender Roll / Pull Shops around San Jose/Santa Clara