Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Fender Roll / Pull Shops around San Jose/Santa Clara

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-09, 05:50 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Roll / Pull Shops around San Jose/Santa Clara

Looking to roll fenders and a pull. Roger said one ton garage is cool but i think they closed down? Let me know thanks
Old 04-22-09, 01:29 AM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

No one could recommend me a good shop to roll my fenders????
Old 04-22-09, 05:33 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Sonic MS. They're a little bit pricey (probably the same going rate for all fender rolling/pulling shops out there) but you're paying for what you get. They do a good job at what they do.
Just let them know steven sent you and they'll take care of you.
Old 05-17-10, 09:30 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Any other recommendations for a place that rolls fenders? I had a BMW owner briefly mention a shop up in Novato that is supposedly the "best" in the Bay Area (they have a guarantee that your paint won't crack), but I didn't catch the name of the place.

I was riding a little too low and soft on my coils and slightly bent my fender. I'm hoping it can be rolled back to look right, and allow my to throw on some spacers for flushness.
Old 05-17-10, 09:44 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DIY! Get a belt sander or a dremel and shave off as much fender as you want.
Old 05-17-10, 11:23 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

I'm looking to roll though, not shave, and would rather have a shop with a guarantee do it for me.
Old 05-18-10, 02:52 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rolling is old school, shaving is THE WAY. Do a search, Search, SEARCH !

Also rolling does not allow as much clearance as shaving, so those who want maximum clearance, then shaving is the way to go. Note that I am only talking the rear fenders. Front fenders are thinner gauge, so partial rolling is an option.

I've been shaving Lexus fenders for 8+ years now. Brian, next time you see me, you should check out the fender work on my car .

A lot of the posts I have read through the years will have people saying this and that and just use a heat gun, etc. Well a lot of those posts come from people who came from Honda world where the sheetmetal is thin and so is the paint. We're Talking Lexus here folks.

I would only go to a shop or an individual that will roll fenders and give a 2 + year warrantee that the paint will not crack/flake. If they can't warantee the work then they are just blowing smoke.

PS - Exact Motorsports does shaving
Old 05-18-10, 03:13 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

Also rolling does not allow as much clearance as shaving, so those who want maximum clearance, then shaving is the way to go. Note that I am only talking the rear fenders. Front fenders are thinner gauge, so partial rolling is an option.

I've been shaving Lexus fenders for 8+ years now. Brian, next time you see me, you should check out the fender work on my car .

A lot of the posts I have read through the years will have people saying this and that and just use a heat gun, etc. Well a lot of those posts come from people who came from Honda world where the sheetmetal is thin and so is the paint. We're Talking Lexus here folks.

I would only go to a shop or an individual that will roll fenders and give a 2 + year warrantee that the paint will not crack/flake. If they can't warantee the work then they are just blowing smoke.

LOL, I did search Glen! That's how I ended up here. I even read that one thread where you said rolling up front might be good with the 2IS because of the thinner sheet metal (like you just reiterated here). I guess I need to search some more!

Here's what I did to my car by the way - bent my fender slightly: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-on-coils.html. I'm almost certain that damaged was caused from turning my wheels too much while going up a driveway. I've never driven a lowered car, so lesson learned, the hard way.

The reason I'm particularly interested in rolling is because I was hoping to reshape my fender (removing that bend) and increase clearance at the same time, killing two birds with one stone. My offsets are pretty conservative for the 2IS (19x8.5+35 [235/35/19] & 19x9.5 [265/30/19]) so shaving isn't really necessary in my case, I think... Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

I'll be sure to check out your fender work at the next meet.
Old 05-18-10, 03:13 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much are your personal fender shaving services?? this guy has no need for a guarantee and just wants to make BOS on time

comon glenman, help me make these ridiculous wheels fit
Old 05-18-10, 04:20 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

DIY it's only like 20-40 for fender roller and heatguns rental. Super easy to do.
Old 05-18-10, 05:12 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

<--- works 7 days a week right up until bos, no time

besides it just sounds like a good excuse to crack open a couple brews
Old 05-19-10, 12:08 AM
wutiteez
Driver

Im in need of a spot to roll my fenders too!! just got a new paint job so im not even trying to have my paint crack.

whats a decent price to get your fenders rolled around here?
Old 05-19-10, 09:03 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Brandicus
how much are your personal fender shaving services?? this guy has no need for a guarantee and just wants to make BOS on time

comon glenman, help me make these ridiculous wheels fit
Sorry Brandon,
I'm in the middle of moving over the next month. Exact or Limitless would be the two fender shaving sources I know off hand. Glad you're working to make BOS tho.
Old 05-19-10, 09:08 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by brociouz
LOL, I did search Glen! That's how I ended up here. I even read that one thread where you said rolling up front might be good with the 2IS because of the thinner sheet metal (like you just reiterated here). I guess I need to search some more!

Here's what I did to my car by the way - bent my fender slightly: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-on-coils.html. I'm almost certain that damaged was caused from turning my wheels too much while going up a driveway. I've never driven a lowered car, so lesson learned, the hard way.

The reason I'm particularly interested in rolling is because I was hoping to reshape my fender (removing that bend) and increase clearance at the same time, killing two birds with one stone. My offsets are pretty conservative for the 2IS (19x8.5+35 [235/35/19] & 19x9.5 [265/30/19]) so shaving isn't really necessary in my case, I think... Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

I'll be sure to check out your fender work at the next meet.

Brian, I keyed off your response, but I guess I should of directed it to all readers as I intended it to be general advice.

Let me take a look at your fender at the Pizza meet and we can go from there, with what your options are.
Old 05-19-10, 09:30 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Brian, I keyed off your response, but I guess I should of directed it to all readers as I intended it to be general advice.

Let me take a look at your fender at the Pizza meet and we can go from there, with what your options are.
Sounds good. Thanks man.

Quick Reply: Fender Roll / Pull Shops around San Jose/Santa Clara