Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Great.... ANOTHER TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-09, 02:15 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great.... ANOTHER TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving on 880 today on my way to school and the cop was on the carpool lane and then i notice he slowed down and got behind me and pulled me over. Yup been pulled over so much i know the procedure just give him your licensee insurance and registration. Then he says pop your hood, same **** you find nothing because i haven't done anything. And then looks under my car and ask if im running straight pipe. I know my car is clean and all but dam it is just my exhaust that's making my car sound crazy. I got this ticket so many times that he put the ticket as NOT CORRECTABLE and now i have to pay a fine. The ticket citations were, tint (correctable but next time i get pulled over i am going to get a fine) no front plate (not correctable because i never corrected on previous ticket, and EMISSIONS NOW I GOTTA GO TO STATE REF FML!!!!!!!!!!! After i drove away i rolled my windows up and tried making as much noise as i can ****ing ****. I am going to switch exhaust now though so it will be in the for trade section.
Old 05-01-09, 02:21 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your ticket. What kind of exhaust are you running? HKS?
Old 05-01-09, 02:57 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that bro..
Old 05-01-09, 04:43 PM
loitranman
Driver

Sorry to hear bro. Stupid cops don't know anything about cars!
Old 05-01-09, 05:56 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's bull! How are you going to get cited for emissions when you have axlebacks? That's what I would have asked the CHP. If he can't answer that then he has no business writing tickets.

I'm putting my cat back on and throwing a couple resonators so it sounds like stock. I'm also going to add two electric cutouts at the track but for city driving they will remain closed. If a CHP decides to give me crap about a modified muffler that is under the 93 decibles I will just throw my JASMA certificate in their face and hope they don't throw it back.Good luck getting your ticket fixed.
Old 05-01-09, 10:26 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

That's what im saying and the cop tried looking down under my car from the sidewalk....now i gotta go through more bs to get this fixed.
Old 05-01-09, 11:01 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im running magnaflows with custom piping w/straight pipes. Throaty but deifnitly not a cop attention getter. Picture the G35 stock but throatier/sexier. If you want to swap........................ PM me.
Old 05-02-09, 05:37 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

i work on a chp officers e90 e series, i asked him about modified exhaust, he said the deal is cops have a biased opinion and will go after a japanese/euro car b4 they go for the muscle car cuz most chp officers in the bay area are american muscle guys. the law is that it cannot be over a certian db but it is at the cops discretion at the time he pulls you over and then can send you to a ref. the cop i talked to was super chill and asian lol. he said he has better things to do then pull over the guy in a euro/japanese car cuz 90% of the time its gonna be a muscle car starting trouble or making a moving vilation. that sucks hope u get it taken care of
Old 05-02-09, 08:51 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by phrozen
i work on a chp officers e90 e series, i asked him about modified exhaust, he said the deal is cops have a biased opinion and will go after a japanese/euro car b4 they go for the muscle car cuz most chp officers in the bay area are american muscle guys. the law is that it cannot be over a certian db but it is at the cops discretion at the time he pulls you over and then can send you to a ref. the cop i talked to was super chill and asian lol. he said he has better things to do then pull over the guy in a euro/japanese car cuz 90% of the time its gonna be a muscle car starting trouble or making a moving vilation. that sucks hope u get it taken care of
I agree with you on that one. I work between the SJPD headquarters and the CHP Station. We service some of the officer's personal vehicles which end up being tastefully modified american muscle. Cool guys though. I can understand they are just doing their job. I'd hate to have a customer tell me how to do my job.
Old 05-03-09, 12:30 AM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

If my exhaust is "modified" as in it looks different but the db is low can i still get a ticket for it?

Yeah, some cops are cooler than others haha i went a tattoo convention few months ago and the cop had a full back piece done. Don't cops have quota's ? I notice beginning of every month alot of people get pulled over. I personally think that the city or whatever cannot afford the cops, so cops need money and by pulling people over and giving people tickets they make money.

Last edited by LMoney4o8; 05-03-09 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-03-09, 11:30 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

extend the ticket as long as possible and just drive as loud as possible. woot!!
Old 05-04-09, 09:09 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I feel your pain. I have a speeding and front plate ticket in my center console right now.
Old 05-04-09, 01:35 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LMoney4o8
If my exhaust is "modified" as in it looks different but the db is low can i still get a ticket for it?

Yeah, some cops are cooler than others haha i went a tattoo convention few months ago and the cop had a full back piece done. Don't cops have quota's ? I notice beginning of every month alot of people get pulled over. I personally think that the city or whatever cannot afford the cops, so cops need money and by pulling people over and giving people tickets they make money.

Cops don't have quotas,

But if officer JoeBob is gettin 200tickets, while officer BobJoe only has 10tickets, Lt. Jimbo is going to be asking at the end of the review period (month/quarter) what BobJoe has been doing. If he's got a good reason, then everything's fine. If he doesn't, then Lt. Jimbo is going to have BobJoe partner with JoeBob to learn how to spot violations and crime better.

At the end of the day, Lt. Jimbo has to put in his TPS report up to Captain Bobbo, why his squad only has 210tix, while the other squads have 500tix, and also comparing to last month's receipts, and last year etc. etc. Then Capt. Bobbo has to put in his TPS report up to the mayor and so on.

No rocket science here, nor big conspiricy, just basic management principles.
Old 05-06-09, 02:51 AM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I'm putting my cat back on and throwing a couple resonators so it sounds like stock. I'm also going to add two electric cutouts at the track but for city driving they will remain closed. If a CHP decides to give me crap about a modified muffler that is under the 93 decibles I will just throw my JASMA certificate in their face and hope they don't throw it back.Good luck getting your ticket fixed.
Roger, right?

Dude, this might fly on Infineon or T-hill, but you'll get booted off Laguna Seca, its got one of the strictest noise limits for a race track.

But yeah, I'd love to get something louder for my IS or 240sx.

Just lettin you know.

Ryan
Old 05-06-09, 04:47 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by raytseng
Cops don't have quotas,

But if officer JoeBob is gettin 200tickets, while officer BobJoe only has 10tickets, Lt. Jimbo is going to be asking at the end of the review period (month/quarter) what BobJoe has been doing. If he's got a good reason, then everything's fine. If he doesn't, then Lt. Jimbo is going to have BobJoe partner with JoeBob to learn how to spot violations and crime better.

At the end of the day, Lt. Jimbo has to put in his TPS report up to Captain Bobbo, why his squad only has 210tix, while the other squads have 500tix, and also comparing to last month's receipts, and last year etc. etc. Then Capt. Bobbo has to put in his TPS report up to the mayor and so on.

No rocket science here, nor big conspiricy, just basic management principles.
ahhh....

So they have personal goals. Like a person who sets a goal for weightlifting. 'I can get up to 120lbs, but this month i want to hit 175lbs' Like that right?

Quick Reply: Great.... ANOTHER TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!