Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

End of Summer v8 September 20, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 10:50 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Everyone, I want to make this VERY, VERY CLEAR.

There is no competition between the NorCal and SoCal events.

It's unfortunate that the final date we were given for use of the racetrack for The Pursuit was so close to the eventual date that EOS was to be held, but this was not under our control - it was a mandate handed down from Longo Lexus when negotiating with Irwindale Speedway due to scheduling conflicts. We wish BOTH events all the success in the world, and in no way are the organizers of The Pursuit discouraging people from attending EOS. Kudos to the NorCal crew for trying different venues - I hope it works out for the best!

Javier
Old 08-26-09, 11:21 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
Why not donate all the proceeds instead of the "net" proceeds?..
We would love to do that. However, we need to pay the museum to reserve the venue and the admission tickets. There are also some additional expense that we need to cover. Because of that, we are only able to donate ALL NET proceeds.

Keep in mind, all the organizers, including me, volunteer our time and effort to EOS (including searching for vendors to support the event). We contribute to the Lexus community and do not gain anything financially.

As part of the crew since EOS3, I have been worked with both the old and new crew for the past so many years. I do not have any intention to knock the old crew's effort at all. We just want to try something different, especially we had hosted EOS at Lexus of Stevens Creek venues 6 times for the past 8 years.

I totally understand that the date of the SoCal meet is not under the control by the organizer. I concur with Javier that it is very unforunate for the dates between the two events are so closed together. We also wish the Longo meet a sucess.

On behalf of the LGWNorcal crew, we sincererly hope our Club Lexus members understand our intention and are looking forward to your continue support to a good cause for the community (especially in this poor economy) during EOS.

Should anyone have any question, please do not hesitate and PM me or any LGWNorcal crew. I am more than happy to provide further clarifications.

Best Regards,
Chris L., Al7ezza
Old 08-26-09, 11:27 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I've attented to 4 different EOS events in the past. All those times we convoyed to the meet with a large group of SoCal members. I dont know what happened this year and seems like not many of us are attending EOS8. With that said, i dont think i'll make an appearance this year. Also with the LOW number of registered member that are attending EOS8 does not make it worthwhile driving a long 6 to 8 hours to the meet by myself. I hope next year EOS9 will be better, bigger and stronger just like "The Pursuit" meet longo is having.
Old 08-26-09, 11:50 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by al7ezza
We would love to do that. However, we need to pay the museum to reserve the venue and the admission tickets. There are also some additional expense that we need to cover. Because of that, we are only able to donate ALL NET proceeds.

Keep in mind, all the organizers, including me, volunteer our time and effort to EOS (including searching for vendors to support the event). We contribute to the Lexus community and do not gain anything financially.
Lexus of Stevens Creek has shown Clublexus their generosity and their hospitality time and time again by stepping in and being the primary sponsor in past EOS events. In addition to that we have had many other sponsors who have been benevolent enough to provide raffle items for our members and absorb any "additional" costs that have been incurred on the way. Although I am not as prominent on Clublexus as RMMGS4, flipside909 or any of the past core team members I have tried to help out whenever and wherever I can and like the above mentioned people, I do not expect to be compensated for my efforts.

Like Javy said, this was never a competition between EOS and The Pursuit. I wish you all the best and it's unfortunate that I'm unable to make it up this year.
Old 08-26-09, 11:52 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

doooode what is up with all this essay writing..
Old 08-26-09, 11:59 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Everyone, I want to make this VERY, VERY CLEAR.

There is no competition between the NorCal and SoCal events.

Javier
Thanks Javi for clarification -- show some love, SoCal'ers (for the good clause)
Old 08-27-09, 12:31 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

wow~~this thread got SUPER HOT very quick...LOL

Javy has a great point,,
THERE IS NO COMPETITION BETWEEN the NorCal and SoCal events
which means,,nobody needs to talk bad things about any EVENTS
because it is OUR meet in the end,,Lexus enthusiasts showing love, right?

this thread was never opened to start an argument
nor it was opened to be compared to the previous EOS
so if you have any questions or concern, please do it through PM
Old 08-27-09, 03:15 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

I dont even remember once anyone saying it was a competition? Only once was the socal even mentioned and that was to let a member know why numbers are down this year, it was just 411...

On a different note, its sad that so many members are using the "excuse" that, "there arent enough people going, so I wont go.." Its sad cause if all of them were to come, the numbers would actually go up! IDK, just a few more cents to add to the jar.
Old 08-27-09, 08:15 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

hotel info on post #4 for out of town guests.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4596723-post4.html
Old 08-27-09, 09:33 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lightwave76
hotel info on post #4 for out of town guests.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4596723-post4.html
Thanks for the heads-up.

We've actually booked that hotel two weeks ago...
Old 08-27-09, 11:38 AM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
On a different note, its sad that so many members are using the "excuse" that, "there arent enough people going, so I wont go.." Its sad cause if all of them were to come, the numbers would actually go up! IDK, just a few more cents to add to the jar.
I concur with Jokster on this part. If people do come then it just builds on the number of people coming. Then even more people will come when they see the number go up and so on.

Chris L, thanks to you and the rest of the LGW crew for even organizing EOS and I think changing venues is good. Even though past EOS's had plenty of families/kids, there really wasn't anything else for them to do on site. At least at Hiller Aviation there is a diversion for kids, etc on site, plus I've never been to Hiller and if not for this may have never gone. Do you know if the Flight Sim Zone will be open for us?
Old 08-28-09, 11:30 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

^we will check if the Flight Sim Zone will be open for us

thanks

Ken
Old 08-28-09, 01:47 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

I just confirmed with the Museum that the flight simulator will be open to those with a wrist band from 11AM - 2PM.

All registered users receive wristbands as well as their guests with tickets.

more info on the Flight Simulator on post #5
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4596725-post5.html

Last edited by lightwave76; 08-28-09 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-31-09, 05:01 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Cant let this thread fall down Bump, For those who have signed up. SIGN UP!
Old 08-31-09, 05:07 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lightwave76
I just confirmed with the Museum that the flight simulator will be open to those with a wrist band from 11AM - 2PM.

All registered users receive wristbands as well as their guests with tickets.

more info on the Flight Simulator on post #5
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4596725-post5.html
Very Nice! Better practice my flight simulator skills at home and do a daring landing at the airport :P

Quick Reply: End of Summer v8 September 20, 2009