Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

End of Summer v8 September 20, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-09, 11:08 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lightwave76
I just confirmed with the Museum that the flight simulator will be open to those with a wrist band from 11AM - 2PM.

All registered users receive wristbands as well as their guests with tickets.

more info on the Flight Simulator on post #5
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4596725-post5.html
Chris G, my bad, I should've revisited the first page again to see the info about the flight sim (when I first scrolled down the page awhile back all I remember seeing were placeholders, and like Glen was wondering why were some people putting up a placeholder).

Okay everyone, this is just another reason to show up for EOS.
Old 08-31-09, 11:10 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by al7ezza
Very Nice! Better practice my flight simulator skills at home and do a daring landing at the airport :P
well worth the $$$ just for the flight sim !!!!

Old 09-01-09, 12:49 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Excuse my ignorance... Now this is being held indoors right. Now I've only gone to local shows where tailgating is usually done. How will this be working? We post our cars and leave them there and just check the rest out? Or can we post there or what? As a registered attendee, what do we do with our bodies?
Old 09-01-09, 01:28 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to come, but I have to move in to the dorms for school on 9/18. Maybe next summer. :/ Have fun!
Old 09-01-09, 07:12 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Excuse my ignorance... Now this is being held indoors right. Now I've only gone to local shows where tailgating is usually done. How will this be working? We post our cars and leave them there and just check the rest out? Or can we post there or what? As a registered attendee, what do we do with our bodies?

The cars will be parked in the compass rose area which is outside, but locked on museum grounds. Registered users with wristbands have in and out privledges through out the museum and use of the flight simulators. (just have to sign up on site to get a slot)

Enjoy the cars, the people and museum. We have some other things planned on site that haven't been announced yet.
Old 09-01-09, 07:34 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

The cars will be parked in the compass rose area which is outside, but locked on museum grounds. Registered users with wristbands have in and out privledges through out the museum and use of the flight simulators. (just have to sign up on site to get a slot)

Enjoy the cars, the people and museum. We have some other things planned on site that haven't been announced yet.
So is it ok to bring some chairs and an ice chest to post during the down time (if any)? (no alcohol)
Old 09-01-09, 01:17 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Whats all this competition about SOCAL & NORCAL for?? LOL!

You guys should all move to Florida & watch how the entire sunshine state hosts a huge meet right smack in the middle! Had over 100 cars last month when we did it!

Its all about the passion of having our modified Lexus' not competition!
Old 09-01-09, 02:40 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
Whats all this competition about SOCAL & NORCAL for?? LOL!

You guys should all move to Florida & watch how the entire sunshine state hosts a huge meet right smack in the middle! Had over 100 cars last month when we did it!

Its all about the passion of having our modified Lexus' not competition!
you're so late to the discussion, there isn't one anymore.

fyi, EOS can have 100+ cars with HALF a state (see: last year). you guys need an ENTIRE state to pull 100+...

part of EOS is bringing together the socal and norcal CL families for the weekend. the car show, the raffle prizes, the extraneous activities during the weekend, and even the convoys... those are all extras.

and if you want to see how it's REALLY done, come out on the 20th.

and if you can stay another week, i think there's another meet in another part of the state that you might be interested in...
Old 09-01-09, 02:53 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by projectdna
you're so late to the discussion, there isn't one anymore.

fyi, EOS can have 100+ cars with HALF a state (see: last year). you guys need an ENTIRE state to pull 100+...

part of EOS is bringing together the socal and norcal CL families for the weekend. the car show, the raffle prizes, the extraneous activities during the weekend, and even the convoys... those are all extras.

and if you want to see how it's REALLY done, come out on the 20th.

and if you can stay another week, i think there's another meet in another part of the state that you might be interested in...
WELL, i was just informed about the discussion LOL

FYI, Florida can have a 100+ car meet with just South Florida alone

Your EOS is just like our ritual JM Lexus Meet which is now hosted at Lexus of North Miami with the show, raffles, trophies, carvans, BBQ, everyone staying at one hotel and have tons of Lexus' parked right out front, and everyone getting together and hanging out and talking sht with each other and working on the cars, installs, etc....

What i was trying to get at, was that at the end of the day, its not about who has the lowest car, biggest shiniest rims, hottest paint job, biggest turbo, It's all about the passion and effort put into each individual car and each enthusiast being able to each put screenname to each face at future meets which creates a bond/friendship between members....

Heck, if i could, i would be out there that weekend & the weekend after to go check out NORCAL/SOCAL since i haven't been there in over 10 years before i even knew what rims were

I bet i have a couple places that i could stay at

I actually might be there for SEMA this year so hopefully i can get to meet some locals!
Old 09-01-09, 02:56 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

So is it ok to bring some chairs and an ice chest to post during the down time (if any)? (no alcohol)
no feel free to bring chairs, ice chest and no alcohol. If you want an adult beverage, there is always Izzy's steak and chops.

If you bring a canopy, make sure you weigh it down. It is windy near the airstrip when planes come in.
Old 09-01-09, 03:03 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

first off there was never any competition, just one guy rambling on an accusation that never existed, only a conflict of 2 events happening...

and also, its easy to say 'watch entire sunshine state host a huge meet right smack in the middle' when the longest point from north to south is smaller than the width of California! Easy for every one to drive up to 200miles max to meet. Fresno,Ca is smack dab in the middle and its 350-400 miles in each direction, not many people want do drive 6 hours for a meet thus dividing NorCal and SoCal props to those coming from far south though!
Old 09-01-09, 03:05 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

no feel free to bring chairs, ice chest and no alcohol. If you want an adult beverage, there is always Izzy's steak and chops.

If you bring a canopy, make sure you weigh it down. It is windy near the airstrip when planes come in.
coooo.... no canopy for me though, good ol' fashion HUGE umbrellas!!
Old 09-01-09, 03:10 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELL, i was just informed about the discussion LOL

FYI, Florida can have a 100+ car meet with just South Florida alone

Your EOS is just like our ritual JM Lexus Meet which is now hosted at Lexus of North Miami with the show, raffles, trophies, carvans, BBQ, everyone staying at one hotel and have tons of Lexus' parked right out front, and everyone getting together and hanging out and talking sht with each other and working on the cars, installs, etc....

What i was trying to get at, was that at the end of the day, its not about who has the lowest car, biggest shiniest rims, hottest paint job, biggest turbo, It's all about the passion and effort put into each individual car and each enthusiast being able to each put screenname to each face at future meets which creates a bond/friendship between members....

Heck, if i could, i would be out there that weekend & the weekend after to go check out NORCAL/SOCAL since i haven't been there in over 10 years before i even knew what rims were

I bet i have a couple places that i could stay at

I actually might be there for SEMA this year so hopefully i can get to meet some locals!
+1 I fully agree!! bro, you can crash at my pad anytime. You got my number.. Seriously when i join CL after i got my ride, it seems like only this club has the best people and rides to get along with. Its not about competition anymore cause its always endless to what we can do with our rides. Like Rob said, its about bonding, enjoying each others companies and getting to know the faces behind the SN's. I hope one day when i decided to go to FLorida, im welcome their as they are welcome here in Cali. Its funny how we try to be different, but towards the end we are all alike somehow. "The RESPECT for each other is what makes the game worth it"!!! Cant wait to show my new setups
Old 09-01-09, 03:13 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coooo.... no canopy for me though, good ol' fashion HUGE umbrellas!!
Oh snap bro, I already have the big O' umbrellas ready.
Old 09-01-09, 03:18 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phil888
+1 I fully agree!! bro, you can crash at my pad anytime. You got my number.. Seriously when i join CL after i got my ride, it seems like only this club has the best people and rides to get along with. Its not about competition anymore cause its always endless to what we can do with our rides. Like Rob said, its about bonding, enjoying each others companies and getting to know the faces behind the SN's. I hope one day when i decided to go to FLorida, im welcome their as they are welcome here in Cali. Its funny how we try to be different, but towards the end we are all alike somehow. "The RESPECT for each other is what makes the game worth it"!!! Cant wait to show my new setups
Phil, let me know when your coming down! You can crash at my place and we will host a South Florida 2IS meet just for you! Just like we did for iSuxeL a year ago and just like we did for Juice14 this past weekend! Plus i will show you what the miami nightlife is all about just like i showed DJKhanvict & iSuxeL this past weekend which they fell in love with! haha!

Quick Reply: End of Summer v8 September 20, 2009