Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Hin

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 09:28 AM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hin

anyone going? clublexus going to be there? i didnt even know it was coming up until my friend told a few minutes ago... i was thinking about putting my car in the show....
Old 07-14-09, 09:39 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

talking about this

Pleasanton, CA
Saturday, July 25, 2009...

HIN is gettin old... that last one they threw in san mateo was garbage, it aint as cracking as it used to be..
Old 07-14-09, 11:31 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you check back, historically NorCal members have organized to show at HIN and in many cases we get special discounts, preferred show parking, etc. Earlier this year there was a thread I posted warning what to expect at San Mateo. We didn't officially organize a group, because we knew what to expect and there was little interest.

We've had some great times in the past at HIN, we've had a ton of cars representing in the past, especially in Pleasanton.

Lately the popularity of HIN on CL has dwindled, so I have not announced any formal activity to show at HIN in Pleasanton.

That said, I just decided at the last minute to show my car at Pleasanton along with a small group of cars.

If you would like to show, shoot me a PM and I can get you the password for discounted pricing. If we can accomodate you to show and roll in with our group I will try to arrange that as well. You can choose to roll in on your own or with others, it's your call.

There's not much time left to enter, so please decide no later than this coming Sunday.

Thanks
Old 07-14-09, 12:56 PM
mdenoga
Driver

Glenn, call me when you get a chance.
Old 07-14-09, 01:24 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

I always thought that HIN was a cop infested "fix it ticket round up fest"...like what happened in San Mateo last year...is there still some interest?!?! even after last HIN incident.?????
Old 07-14-09, 01:48 PM
RMMGS4

San Mateo and San Jose are cop infested.

This is the main reason why many have boycotted the recent events. We're not doing this only for our own welfare, but to send the message back to HIN promoters and the City of San Mateo and San Jose that the revenue they are earning through all the convention business, local food and hotel business and other proceeds that HIN spectators and participants bring to their town will be lost for the sake of a few cops getting a few tickets under their belt on one night a year.

From what I can tell HIN has not figured this out and they will not do well in these cities without gaining some cooperation from the city and local PD.

As for Pleasanton, there has not been such drama to my knowledge at previous events and for that matter the city is highly supportive of all the Good Guys Events held at this same event location several times throughout the year. The Good Guys is a National Car Show organization that is Headquartered in Pleasanton, so I think the city officials and law enforcement may be more appreciative of our business, which is why I chose to attend.

Personally, I will no longer go to San Jose or San Mateo HIN events as a participant or a spectator.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-16-09 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-14-09, 01:48 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by mdenoga
Glenn, call me when you get a chance.
I'll catcha later today.

Thanks
Old 07-14-09, 01:53 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
San Mateo and San Jose are cop infested.

Personally, I will no longer go to San Jose or San Mateo HIN events as a participant or a spectator.
glen, u got a point there...

my worst year ever at san mateo, got off the freeway and got pulled over wtf? got a ticket and was on my way , learn my lesson tho
Old 07-14-09, 02:54 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohh i wanna go
Old 07-14-09, 08:26 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

pm'd i have a few questions
Old 07-16-09, 01:49 PM
makena88
Pole Position

Last years HIN Pleasanton winner! Hottest Mild Lexus.

I will be showing with the Sonic MS boys again this year. Hope to see you guys there!

Old 07-16-09, 03:19 PM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kinda glad I skipped the San Mateo show earlier this year after reading some horror stories.

I'll probably be at HIN Pleasanton as a spectator. Can somebody pm me a discount code, if there is one.

Thanks
Old 07-16-09, 04:04 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

RMMGS4 and is350jonny will be present ......
Old 07-18-09, 01:32 AM
darkling
Rookie

Default hin

yeah i didn't do the early one this yeah at all . i'll probably never show any of my cars their again the judging is bs . you can't lump a 20 year old car with a brand new car off the showroom with 100k invested in it together .
i will be in pleasanton tho buddy is bringing he veilside fd and my car is atleast a year away from me not bein embarrassed to bring it .
Old 07-20-09, 01:30 AM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

ne one that wants a spot i'll give mine away for 20 bucks...registered to show but due to my work schedule will not be able to attend/show...pm me

Quick Reply: Hin