Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

End of Summer v8 Raffle Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 09:25 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UV
There is 82 raffle items... does that mean all EOS participants get 2 items each.. ?
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I like those odds.

Who wouldn't want to come to an event that almost guarantees everyone involved will come home with something! With those odds, you'd be missing out don't you think? It's a win win situation for everyone! Come one Come All! It's gonna happen and it's gonna be fun no matter what! Bottom line!
Old 09-10-09, 10:06 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

YAY! Can't wait!
Old 09-10-09, 02:30 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
I believe you answered to your own question Johnson
it is a RAFFLE item, and not a GIVE AWAY
so people will have higher chance of winning more stuff if they put in their raffle tickets for certain items

we are fortunate to have that many raffle items to raffle out this year
so most members are pretty excited about it
also, we have pretty good amount of Lexus at this event, so it will be fun
That's right.. staff members are excluded right? that raises chances of winning for participants
Old 09-10-09, 03:44 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UV
That's right.. staff members are excluded right? that raises chances of winning for participants
why would staff members be excluded?
let me refresh your memory Johnson,,,in case you forgot,
George, one of your STAFFs, was the one who won the scooter at BOS

I don't see any of the participants questioning or complaining about our raffle items, so why are you the only one, who is not even registered, complaining/assuming stuff/asking questions about it?
Old 09-10-09, 05:21 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

I don't see any of the participants questioning or complaining about our raffle items, so why are you the only one, who is not even registered, complaining/assuming stuff/asking questions about it?
First off, George is not a staff member. he has not prepped nor helped with BOS until the morning of when he arrived early to help set up, so get your facts straight.

the only staff members on BOS was Jonny and myself + Vendor help from Jeff and Joseph. everyone else acted as a spectator and arrived to help with directing traffic and set up, hence why they were given out staff tshirts. RMMGS4, who helped in the past in the back was not even a staff member

It is common work ethic as a coordinator to the sponsors for that people that are running the event to be excluded from the raffle. If you have ran shows or events in the past long enough you would learn that. I don't recall any JDM Theory / Wekfest staff member winning raffle or HIN members giving trophies to the event coordinators. You need to look at it from a sponsors point of view and not from a member's point of view.

What kind of exposure or return is the event providing the sponsor?
What is the ROI for the sponsorship?
And why is the person asking me for the sponsorship eligible for the raffle item?
Historically, no Core EOS Staff has been eligible for raffles.

These are common questions sponsors ask in for a event.
Old 09-10-09, 05:22 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ maybe he's the one that needs a new mattress, pizza, and few bottles of wine.

but seriously though, EOS has never been or is never, and (barring unforseen circumstances) will never be about the raffle prizes. as i said in an earlier post in this thread, it's about bringing together the community and maintaining old friendships as well as establishing new ones. whether the staff is eligible for the raffle prizes or not is irrelevant, especially considering that there are enough prizes for all attendees (to this point).

personally, i've never won anything both times i've been at EOS, but i never expected to win anything anyways. what's important to me is that i have a good time there, and meet and hang out w/ glen, will, and the LGW norcal crew. as a meet attendee, unless i'm the one that wins something, i really don't care who walks away with what raffle prize. if i have a good time there, it's all good.

i would also like to think that the EOS staff would continue to encourage more people to sign up and attend the event, rather than bicker over who won what at which event. i understand that this is a raffle prize thread, but unless it was warranted it's inexcusable for an event staff member to tee off on a potential attendee regarding a legitimate, honest question, especially in a public forum like this.
Old 09-10-09, 07:45 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UV
First off, George is not a staff member. he has not prepped nor helped with BOS until the morning of when he arrived early to help set up, so get your facts straight.

the only staff members on BOS was Jonny and myself + Vendor help from Jeff and Joseph. everyone else acted as a spectator and arrived to help with directing traffic and set up, hence why they were given out staff tshirts. RMMGS4, who helped in the past in the back was not even a staff member

It is common work ethic as a coordinator to the sponsors for that people that are running the event to be excluded from the raffle. If you have ran shows or events in the past long enough you would learn that. I don't recall any JDM Theory / Wekfest staff member winning raffle or HIN members giving trophies to the event coordinators. You need to look at it from a sponsors point of view and not from a member's point of view.

What kind of exposure or return is the event providing the sponsor?
What is the ROI for the sponsorship?
And why is the person asking me for the sponsorship eligible for the raffle item?
Historically, no Core EOS Staff has been eligible for raffles.

These are common questions sponsors ask in for a event.
good point Johnson,,,I thought George was a Staff because he was wearing a Staff t-shirt,,that's all,,,it is my fault that I assumed he was a staff,,but who wouldn't? he was wearing the staff t-shirt

Last edited by SeOuLiS250; 09-10-09 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-10-09, 08:37 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

uhh...they didn't have shirts that said volunteer...i helped johnny johnson jeff and joseph because they are my friends and they hook it up when they can...just because i no longer own a lexus doesnt mean im cutting all bridges to all the friendships I made while I was part of the community...

Due to the fact that I only live 5 minutes away, I would be able to get there at a good time and help setup/maintain anything that they would have needed help on. I would have done the same thing if I didn't have a shirt on...
Old 09-10-09, 09:02 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

good point Johnson,,,I thought George was a Staff because he was wearing a Staff t-shirt,,that's all,,,it is my fault that I assumed he was a staff,,but who wouldn't? he was wearing the staff t-shirt
I love how you talk about the common work ethic..but you are the one not following one when things happen
what happen to all these talk from you telling people to not do burn out or rev their car at mini meet or in any event, but it's ALWAYS you who do the burn out and Rev the car?
what kind of common work ethic allows you to NOT GIVE a raffle item to Brent when he legitimately won the price? was that part of your contract with the vendors?
which work ethic tells you to greet your event participants by telling them to GO AWAY if they are there to Start up ****?
you seem to have a lot to say in this forum and sound like you know a lot about it, but yet, you are always the one misbehaving in the events/meets

I'm totally fine with people criticizing as long as THOSE PEOPLE are not sarcastic/two faces like some people in this forum

you got my number, so give me a call if you have anything more to discuss
We are not baller and can not print "Volunteer" shirts as the shirts were donated by a Sponsor.
Ok well.. what I said was thread related, and your reply is totally off topic. I do seem to know a lot of this forum because I do. From a member standpoint, legal standpoint, and forum mod standpoint. Whatever that needs to be discussed is not to be in this thread as it is totally off topic.

I was actually jokingly trying to boost your registration by saying that people can get more chances of winning, but instead you had to reply with what you said. With that said, it got me wondering if staff members are really excluded or included in the raffle.

I can be more help to EOS than you will ever know and more involved in events than u can see. I am not a mod or admin on CL but have connections that go beyond what is available. the drama is unneeded in this thread, but there are answers to all your questions. and if answers are required, even though i dont need to explain them, they can be discussed outside of this thread.

Last edited by LSCJJ; 09-10-09 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-10-09, 10:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

let's stay on topic everyone. thanks
Old 09-10-09, 11:49 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks like it will be a great event! Keep up the good work guys!
Old 09-11-09, 08:23 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Here are the rules for receiving raffle items.
1. Each member will get the "x" amount of free raffle tickets. (depending on package purchased)
2. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased for $2 each. All proceeds from the sale of raffle tickets will be donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank.
3. As a fairness, only one item can be won by the EOS organizer / core team
3b. EOS organizer / core team are ineligible for the photoshootmycar.com raffle items.
4. Each participant can only win a maximum of two raffle items.
5. Winners must own the specific Lexus on model specific raflle items.

This is also posted on post #1
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4708474-post1.html

This allows everyone a chance of winning something.
Old 09-11-09, 08:42 AM
LexFather

Cali has some of the best events!

Old 09-14-09, 02:08 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Chris,.....my Gift Certs are printed and ready for the raffle...I am very proud to contribute this year as a sponcer. My first EOS ever was last year. Then, it was my very first CL event I have ever attended. Now a year later I am contributing to this great event. Plus for the first time I will bring my wife and baby daughter along since this venue will be held at a Museum so my family won't get bord with all the car stuff....she doesn't "get it yet", but I can do this all day long!!! I look forward being part of this annuel event. I thank you and the LGWNorcal crew for all your unseen efforts to put together an event of this nature.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-05-09 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Thank you for sponsoring the event; that does not extend to allow you to advertise on the forum however. Thanks for your understanding