Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

CARAVAN PHOTOS of "The Pursuit" Meet - 400+ Cars Registered !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-09, 02:50 PM
silverdust
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first of all i would like to thank glen for the invite the caravan was amazing this was my first time taking a trip with the norcal crew you guys in socal thanks for hospitality the bbq was incredible lots of food and beer and no drama
Old 10-01-09, 03:44 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UV
so what was the verdict? i killed too many bugs and now Troy wants to make a 1 off anti-bugkilling grill that has cushion for them when they hit.. what?
in the works.. lol
Old 10-01-09, 03:45 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by silverdust
the bbq was incredible lots of food and beer and no drama

"NO DRAMA"
Old 10-01-09, 05:05 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still swamped here at work so I'll reply to individual posts later on, but for now just in case people missed it:

THE OFFICIAL CARAVAN STORY & PHOTOS CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 15

PAGE 15 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...stered-15.html

ALSO CHECK OUT PAGE 19 ON THE PURSUIT THREAD IN SO CAL SECTION

THE PURSUIT PAGE 19
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ospect-19.html

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-01-09 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-01-09, 05:48 PM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I missed out on a great trip!

I was at the same Denny's on I5 and 198 on Sunday, the day of the Pursuit, on my way back from camping at Sequioa National Park.
Old 10-01-09, 09:56 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by kokonutjc
Don't sleep tonight Glen....post all the photos now ! !
hehehehe
Just too tired last night Jeff.

I Just Updated the Official Caravan Photos AGAIN on page 15 post #219

More Pictures and story line added.

Originally Posted by javyLSU
You guys are awesome, it's always special to me when I get the chance to enjoy the great relationships I've built with so many of you guys over the years. My deepest gratitude goes out to you all for making the trip down to support The Pursuit. Thanks to you guys we made history Sunday, with over 600 attendees and over 400 Lexus vehicles on display - truly a sight to behold. I'm looking forward to the next time I get a chance to get away from SoCal and visit you guys up there! Until then, take care all of you and keep in touch!

Javier
Javier, thanks for the good times. These are the good old days ! Looking forward to seeing the SoCal Crew come up to NorCal in the coming year.

Originally Posted by MarkGS400
I would first of all like to express my appreciation for the Socal crew and the hospitality they showed us Norcal folks. I have been to a few local Norcal meets (BOS, EOS). This the first time I have ever participated in a cruise of this nature.

Also, special thanks to Tommy for opening his house and BBQ grill for some wonderful BBQ dinner, it was just what we needed after a long drive down from Norcal and having to deal with another member's overheating SC300, but we were all able to overcome all the problems that crept up and were all able to make it to the show and back home safely and ticket free (thanks Valentine One) and thank you god.

The turnout was just incredible, I have never seen so many modded Lexus cars in one place before. I am already planning on attending if there is another cruise/meet next year. The drive down to Socal was also quiet fun due to all the looks we all would get from other drivers along the route.

I returned back home at 8pm on Monday night, I came back home through highway 101 N so that I could show my wife (she has only been in the U.S.A. for a month now) the California coastline. We would have made it home sooner (left Ventura County around 12 noon), but the wifey wanted to stop along and way and shop.

Also, Glen, thanks for the leadership and helping to organize the cruise and logistics.

Thanks once again Socal family for all the love you showed us Norcal members.
Thanks for you and your wife joining us Mark. You packed in a lot over 3 days!

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
you guys are all the best thanks guys! this was best trip ever. found problem of over heat. my radiator cap was holding 3 psi.. GREAT! the caravan is amazing its not to just look awesome and rise hell on the streets its to help each other out int he times that we need one another! Thanks again for the help guys! and it was an awesome weekend with all of you wish it was longer!
You're welcome Pirooze. Taking care of people is what the NorCal Crew is all about.

Originally Posted by silverdust
first of all i would like to thank glen the caravan was amazing this was my first time taking a trip with the norcal crew you guys in socal thanks for hospitality the bbq was incredible lots of food and beer and no drama
Welcome to the NorCal/SoCal Family !

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Man oh man I wished I could have made it. Looked like so much fun!!!
Theo, Let's hope there's another one next year.

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
damn looks like you guys had a badass time now thats Lexus doing it real big. Makes me wish I still lived in Cali RMM ur GS is the cheit love the wheels
Originally Posted by wringo
You guy's really put on some nice events! Hopefully, we can get Florida members to step up our game and take notes?

Keep up the great work!
Thanks guys. I REALLY want to attend a FL meet next summer. Wringo, please let me know the date of the next Big FL meet next summer and I'll do my best to attend.

Originally Posted by MaxNine
Looks like I missed out on a great trip!

I was at the same Denny's on I5 and 198 on Sunday, the day of the Pursuit, on my way back from camping at Sequioa National Park.
Looks like we need a CL Group Buy. Sequoia is a nice Park, but I prefer the asphalt Jungle.

Originally Posted by josephdoc
Glen, its a nice one, LOL!
Stop making fun of my idol.
Joseph, if Homer's your idol, then I'm the real thing.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-01-09 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-01-09, 11:15 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

It was an Awesome meet! Thank you socal for their hospitality, Tommy for welcoming us norcal to his place for a very delicious BBQ (heck, he even drove to the supermarket late at night and bought another 20lb or so of meat) and everyone else that made this event a reality and an unforgetable meet. I had a great time hanging out with the norcal and socal and even saw faces i haven't seen in years (Henry, Jonathan). Even though it was 100+ degrees it was worth it. We got a booth to hang out, we got fed In N Out burgers, I got to drag raced Aynako LS430 =) and hopelessly sad when i didn't win the SEMA grand prize, hehe JK. Too bad i had to drive back and missed the last part of the trip. All i can say is Lets do it again next year!!!!! and lastly thank you to Jeff for driving with me and making sure i got home safe and not falling asleep.... i think i had to pull over every couple of hours in the middle of the night to wake myself up.
Old 10-05-09, 10:25 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

here's some pic

Last edited by GS300ToM; 10-05-09 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-05-09, 10:27 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what was u doing solo????
Old 10-08-09, 09:26 PM
Fsonic
Rookie

Updated pics look good! I wish I had time to make it. Can't wait for the next "big one"!
Old 10-09-09, 09:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Okay now I finally the chance to send my thanks to my NorCal family.

As many of you know, putting on any kind of meet is not as easy as most people think. There is a lot of legwork that is done behind the scenes to make things run smoothly. I am very proud to say that we now have the record for the largest Lexus owners and enthusiasts meet ever. With 400 Lexus cars on count, we couldn't have done it without your passion and support. The Pursuit accomplished a big goal...getting everyone together. For many, The Pursuit became a huge reunion of old friends and the start of new friendships.

I thank ever single one of you that made the drive down from all parts of NorCal (North Bay, East Bay, South Bay, Peninsula and not to forget Sac!). I've put on many meets in the past and have worked hand in hand over the years with Glen and crew to help bridge the gap between the NorCal and SoCal groups with both small and large scale events. Sharing experiences is one part of making group trips from long distances. Whether it's the off topic walkie talkie chatter, or run in's with 350z's or crazy drivers trying to pull stunts...it's all about the fun. I am very thankful that the many CL veterans from "back in the day" have come down to join in on the fun.

A special thank you goes to RMMGS4 for rallying the group and making the journey down a safe one. When it comes to long distance trips...many of you can attest to Glen being in-house AAA when it comes to quick repairs and such. Thank you for your continued leadership and being the "Dad" watching over everyone to and from.

Extra special thanks to Jeff and Stella for coming down out of their super busy schedule and documenting the NorCal convoy down and the meet! We can always count on you guys to document all the momentous events in NorCal, SoCal and everywhere else we see each other (Daly City, SEMA-Vegas and etc)!!!

To everyone that made it down, thank you for making the drive down and joining us in SoCal. We hope you guys enjoyed the food, the fun, the models, the racing, and fantastic SoCal weather! See you guys soon.

Regards,
Ryan

For those that didn't see the event coverage or did not make the trip down this year...videos and pics are on post#2 in the SoCal section.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...etrospect.html

Photo by: kokonutjc

Photo by: youradhere

Photo by: xknowonex

Photo by: ******

Last edited by flipside909; 10-09-09 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-09-13, 11:08 AM
RMMGS4

BUMPING this old thread for reference to those attending The Pursuit #4 in less than 2 weeks.

See post starting on page # 15.

Those going to The Pursuit this year will see from these past photos that this is going to be an epic event ! : thumbup:

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-09-13 at 11:13 AM.