Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Wondering If Anyone Can Answer These Questions About FasTrak

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-10, 09:07 AM
KilaWombat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraristo
you shoulda flipped her off and kept driving
+1 LOL

I haven't had trouble with Fastrak before. If your license plate/car is registered, you can drive through without the transponder. However, I usually hold it up to the window or leave it on the dash when I pass through.
Old 05-20-10, 09:16 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
just some things Ive been thinking about and wondering if anybody knew the answer to.

1) all the lanes are marked Cash/FasTrak. One day, I couldnt get into the dedicated FasTrak lanes so I just went into a cash lane. Well when I got to the booth, I waved my transponder to the lady and she said I had to pay cash...why the heck are the lanes marked cash/fastrak then?

2) Before the tolls, you have those overhead signs telling you which lanes are Fastrak and which are cash. Well sometimes the lettering lights up brighter and then goes back to normal. Each one of them does this, but I dont see a dicernable pattern. Anybody know why they do that? Perhaps it tells you which lane is open?
1) There probably some issue with the overhead transponder receiver that day. I've been through the toll plaza many times with my transponder since I would be running a convoy with people who don't have Fastrak. Usually the toll booth attendant waves me through and the LED readout says ETC VALID as I pass.

2) They do that to grab your attention. All the toll plazas in the bay area do it. There is no specific cycle or pattern it follows, it's random.
Old 05-20-10, 09:23 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by quang
You do not even need to carry the transponder, all you need to do is register all your vehicles under the same FasTrak account, then you are set to go thru the FasTrak lanes.
You can do that, but if CHP is monitoring the FasTrak lanes and they don't see a transponder mounted to your windshield, they will pull you over and can cite you for toll evasion. Even though you have your car registered on your account, you are required to have that toll tag in plain view.