Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

9th Annual End of Summer "NORCAL CERTIFIED" Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-10 | 09:10 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

woohoo
now we get to party twice!
Old 08-10-10 | 12:11 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I held on to a bare thread and the date has changed.

Looks like I'm back in to attend EOS AND THE PURSUIT.

Glad to see this The more people I know that will be there, the more fun it will be
Old 08-10-10 | 04:01 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Woot Woot.... 2 big events.... On different dates...

It's Party time...hehe
Old 08-10-10 | 03:49 PM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

October?.... why so late?
Old 08-11-10 | 04:44 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
October?.... why so late?
Sometimes scheduling just works out that way. Having to coordinate with various entities, etc.

EOSv4 was in October as well.
Old 08-11-10 | 05:43 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lightwave76
Sometimes scheduling just works out that way. Having to coordinate with various entities, etc.

EOSv4 was in October as well.
All I have to say is that I'm sure weather will be SWEEET!!! I hate the sun! LoL, cold weather will probably let me stay till the end this time
Old 08-11-10 | 09:12 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Glad to see this The more people I know that will be there, the more fun it will be

We'll see you there. Can you make it to CVG 2 ?
Old 08-12-10 | 03:48 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

We'll see you there. Can you make it to CVG 2 ?
Nope That the one I really wanted to go too its more kick back to chill with people and relate. I still havent even sent the car in for paint I really need to get off my *** and do it, or else I'll end up missing EOS as well I'm actually hoping to make The Pursuit as well
Old 08-12-10 | 10:49 AM
PhonGS
Driver School Candidate

this will be my 1st event ever! imma be a loner making my debut. hopefully it wont feel like the first day of school....
Old 08-12-10 | 11:29 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by PhonGS
this will be my 1st event ever! imma be a loner making my debut. hopefully it wont feel like the first day of school....
Welcome. Yes the bigger events like BOS and EOS can be like the first day of school. The reason being is that veteran members (3 to 9 years on the forums) rarely see each other outside of these meets, so it becomes like a family reunion. NorCal is a very tight knit group and it is ENTIRELY obvious to us who the new members or less active members are, however seeing so many old friends and trying to catch up, makes this environment difficult to reach out to new people.

The BEST thing you can do is to attend any of the NorCal Certified mini meets. (see the Sticky). These meets are smaller, but this is where people get to know each other on a more personal level. Once you make a few friends here, then it becomes extremely easy to get introduced to others at larger events like EOS. I'm sure there will be some PRE-EOS warm up mini meets as the time draws near.

Hope to meet you soon.
Old 08-12-10 | 02:54 PM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
All I have to say is that I'm sure weather will be SWEEET!!! I hate the sun! LoL, cold weather will probably let me stay till the end this time
I kinda feel ya there Jokster. At BOS this summer i almost friggin melted it was so hot. I guess cold weather aint too bad as long as theyres no rain on our parade.
Old 08-12-10 | 03:56 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
I kinda feel ya there Jokster. At BOS this summer i almost friggin melted it was so hot. I guess cold weather aint too bad as long as theyres no rain on our parade.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NOOOO!! Dont jinx it!!! LoL ha ha, yea I thought of that too... Hope I dont catch anything on the way from the valley :/
Old 08-12-10 | 04:48 PM
Micaiah

Welcome. Yes the bigger events like BOS and EOS can be like the first day of school. The reason being is that veteran members (3 to 9 years on the forums) rarely see each other outside of these meets, so it becomes like a family reunion. NorCal is a very tight knit group and it is ENTIRELY obvious to us who the new members or less active members are, however seeing so many old friends and trying to catch up, makes this environment difficult to reach out to new people.

The BEST thing you can do is to attend any of the NorCal Certified mini meets. (see the Sticky). These meets are smaller, but this is where people get to know each other on a more personal level. Once you make a few friends here, then it becomes extremely easy to get introduced to others at larger events like EOS. I'm sure there will be some PRE-EOS warm up mini meets as the time draws near.

Hope to meet you soon.
Hmmm... maybe EOS isn't for me then...
Old 08-12-10 | 04:56 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Hmmm... maybe EOS isn't for me then...
It's not as bad as Glen (RMMGS4) makes it sound Micaiah. EOS will be a lot of fun - you'll get to see all those pretty Lexuses in one place, and you get to connect faces to the CL usernames. I'm sure there will be plenty of others in your same shoes (not being a CL NorCal OG), so don't be too intimidated. Glen's a lot friendlier than he sounds.

Like he said though, it would make things a little more comfortable if you were able to make it to a mini meet, that way when you get to EOS, you'll at least recognize some people.
Old 08-12-10 | 05:01 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

10-10-10 actually works better for me!

Quick Reply: 9th Annual End of Summer "NORCAL CERTIFIED" Meet