Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

LOL @ the grey IS350 "Trying" to induce me to race @ 280 in DalyCity

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-10, 10:23 AM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Props for being the matured, moreover, the safer driver.

People who get a kick off street racing has not experienced the following yet:

1. close to death experience
2. ticket for reckless driving
3. suspended license
4. Jail

I'm not going to pretend I never street race. I enjoyed street racing when I was 17 yrs. old. And I stop street racing after I had a close to death experienced.

So whether I'm behind my 200hp or 500hp vehicle, I just enjoy cruising around now. And keep in check fellez, just because you drive a monster does not mean you have to become one too.

And the best feeling in the world (for me at least) is when an idiot try to taunt me to race, and I ignore every single time. When I do that, I always come out as the winner, ALWAYS!

Think smart and drive safe everyone. It will save your life as well as others!
Old 09-03-10, 10:59 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Should of showed him who is faster..

J/k..

However, I have a lot of encounters with stock/modded IS250/350 trying to race me. I usually just down shift and floor it for 2 seconds and it seems like they don't want to play right after. Maybe because of my obnoxiously loud F-sport exhaust with midpipes and intake.
Old 09-04-10, 11:18 AM
kwg
Lead Lap

I wish more people brought it to the track...they'd be blown away and scared ****less by real drivers
Old 09-04-10, 01:03 PM
LamboGS3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by carLx
And in this case, I think the bigger issue is there is nothing to prove in the first place given that the two cars are exactly identical.

I've also had an IS350 try to provoke me one time. We're at a stop light, he looks over, I sort of see him through my peripheral vision but don't really bother. Light turns green, he goes WOT - I just drive normally.

While he blasts through to the next red light a few thousand feet ahead, I dilly dally and take my sweet time, just driving normally.

Eventually, I catch up to him at the following red light (he's been stopped here for a while, I just arrive). He motions me to roll down my window and asks if I want to "run."

I tell him "I have an IS350 too so I wouldn't see the point."

He goes - "Oh...I thought you had an IS250, never mind then" and laughs it off.

Although, even if I had an IS250, I still would not have seen the point. Seems like senseless bullying on the road if you ask me.

I think the problem is that IS350 owners are relatively prone to being arrogant behind the wheel. Why? Because they're driving a car that's far quicker than "306 HP" suggests due to the way the IS350 is geared, and they have the capability of stomping 95% of vehicles on the road in a drag race.

I'll readily admit that I went through such an "arrogant" phase. A few street races and $1000 in speeding fines later (not caught due to racing, though, fortunately - $1000 of just "regular" speeding tickets) I tend to be pretty mellow behind the wheel these days. It's certainly for the better - it's much safer, for one, and my wallet is certainly enjoying it as well.
i did the same thing along time ago when i still had my show car integra.. it was my DD so i was drivin and i hit a red light then this younsta in a civic pulls up next to me and starts reving at me.. first i said watever but he wouldnt stop, so then i srated to rev mines and my BOV was screaming, then when the light turned green, he went WOT and i just took my time, long storyy short, he felt like a dumbass b/c he prob thought that i he had won and on top of that he gets pulled over for speeding 2 blocks later..haha
Old 09-09-10, 01:12 PM
650IS350
Lead Lap

Been ticketed for speed contest, court, fee's , schooling , Tons of money lost etc when I was much younger..... which is why I don't do that and #1 reason is safety ( mines and everyone else on the road ). Closed road/vacant/legal race then it would be game one. LOL
Old 09-10-10, 02:09 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

funny thing it happen to me tonite some kid in a white is250 was egging me onto race him at the light ....so i threw my jack in a box shake at his car and took him like paul walker taking the lambo in fast and furious...if your on here sucker you cant catch me for **** on 280...thats what u get for messing with me for two stop lights. enjoy my chocolate shake *****, you lucky i didnt get out of my car and go barry bonds with my bat in the trunk

Old 09-10-10, 09:21 AM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

^ Damn how was he provoking you to get you that angry? But throwing a shake is uncalled for. Getting youngins mad is never a good thing. They've been through too little to understand the consequences.

I'm somewhat a mellow driver nowadays due to my near death experience. Just last week, 2 Asian males 20 - 21 died in their civic from doing exactly what I did on Lake Merced.
Old 09-10-10, 10:38 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

when the little **** rev's at me takes off at the first light cuts in front of me and then weaves back in to his lane, then stops at the next light and does that **** again...he deserves it. ill do it again if it happens again
Old 09-10-10, 10:57 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin
funny thing it happen to me tonite some kid in a white is250 was egging me onto race him at the light ....so i threw my jack in a box shake at his car and took him like paul walker taking the lambo in fast and furious...if your on here sucker you cant catch me for **** on 280...thats what u get for messing with me for two stop lights. enjoy my chocolate shake *****, you lucky i didnt get out of my car and go barry bonds with my bat in the trunk

Good for you. I have often fantasized about doing something like this, but never seem to have a shake on me when the time calls.
Old 09-10-10, 05:19 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't bring food in my car. Maybe water! and gum!
Old 09-11-10, 06:56 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin
when the little **** rev's at me takes off at the first light cuts in front of me and then weaves back in to his lane, then stops at the next light and does that **** again...he deserves it. ill do it again if it happens again
That was me in the white 250. It was just a game, man. You didn't have to throw that shake at me. I never touched your car but you felt it was okay to hit mine with something.

Just messin' wit cha...
Old 09-12-10, 01:58 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Micaiah
That was me in the white 250. It was just a game, man. You didn't have to throw that shake at me. I never touched your car but you felt it was okay to hit mine with something.

Just messin' wit cha...
and i would do it again , i hope you learn your lesson
Old 09-12-10, 08:57 AM
Micaiah

Old 09-12-10, 04:08 PM
IS250Kevin
Pole Position

Hahaha a shake...priceless. If it was the Oreo shake I wouldn't have done it cause that thing is delicious.

I'm impressed at seeing a lot of experienced and more mature drivers driving our cars around and shedding light on their experiences to keep others safe. As for the little piece of **** kids that cut people off and play games...seriously? I guess your mommy or daddy gave you too much money you don't care about wrecking your or someone elses $30,000+ car. Do everyone a favor and get off the road. Don't play with someones life, get your own.

I don't know about you or anyone else on here but I would cry if something happened to my car, especially due to some inexperienced immature *****. Happy safe driving everyone, keep it low and slow

Last edited by IS250Kevin; 09-12-10 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-12-10, 05:21 PM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by IS250Kevin
As for the little piece of **** kids that cut people off and play games...seriously? I guess your mommy or daddy gave you too much money you don't care about wrecking your or someone elses $30,000+ car. Do everyone a favor and get off the road. Don't play with someones life, get your own.
My cousin works for the court system and he was telling me how he comes across quite a few kids who will show up at court and when he asks them what they plead they say 'guilty' right off the bat. No asking for a reduced fine, no request for traffic school.

One girl, he asked her who pays for all of this...she said her parents. When he pointed out how high the ticket is plus the increase in insurance rates, she just shrugged her shoulders and said "that's not my problem".

Last edited by Micaiah; 09-12-10 at 06:00 PM.

Quick Reply: LOL @ the grey IS350 "Trying" to induce me to race @ 280 in DalyCity