Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

"Nice" Police/CHP/Sheriff's office?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-10, 01:38 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Nice" Police/CHP/Sheriff's office?

So after all the hoopla, my ticket finally came back at $331 for both a tint violation and a front license plate violation.

Sadly, I don't know of anyone in the police force, but was wondering if anyone had a recommendation of a station that they liked and whose staff were friendly/lenient. I'm hoping to get my ticket signed off so the fine is only $50 instead. Direct referrals are also nice.

Apparently, they're now both fix-it violations (originally, the tint was not fixable), but it means that I have to either get both of them fixed or none of them fixed; I can't do one and not the other.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-09-10, 03:08 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

so you're looking for someone to break the law and sign them off without fixing them? no such thing as lieutenancy for that bro. I once embarrassed myself and asked a judge if he could reduce some bail amounts... He said (nicely) thats breaking the law, a bail is set and thats it.
Old 09-10-10, 08:56 AM
mikeho
Lead Lap

You know.. you're right. That would be wrong of me to do that and it's not being very honest.

I'm really hesitant to fix the tint, but I'm going to put my front license plate back on. I'll drop by the Cupertino Sheriff's office and see what they say.
Old 09-10-10, 03:46 PM
98sscamaro
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Well....... you could put on your front plate, get the plate violation signed off and then you can pay the fine for the tint. It's more of a pain to remove the tint and get it signed off than it is to pay the fine for it. My tint tickets have only cost $174. The cost of tint removal and re-install for the front windows on my GS is $100, so to me it is not worth only saving 74 bucks.
Old 09-10-10, 08:31 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

I went to a cop with a ticket with 5 violations but was only gonna get the plate and curtains signed off (cause I wasnt ready to removed the tint. I drove around till I found a cop that was busy chillin on his bike (hiding and catching speeders) I went up to him and asked if he could sign off my ticket. He said sure and before I said that I wanted just the 2 signed off, he signed them all off and said I'll take your word for it The car was no more than 20 ft from him to look at
Old 09-10-10, 11:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

^^^ haha dope!
Old 09-12-10, 05:13 PM
IS250Kevin
Pole Position

Mike you get pulled over in tino? Your not gonna get any leniency from the cops there. Just get the tints taken off then signed off. Do you have your license plate holder on? If so, just put it back on and take it off after it gets signed off. If not them just zip tie it on and go to Santa Clara police station and get it signed off. Tino has it out for any car with mods, mainly cause (not to stereotype but it's true) the area is filled with a bunch of wangsters with loud cars revving their **** at the old ppl that live there lol.

Last suggestion is to switch plates with a friends ISx50 that doesn't have anything illegal on it. Good luck

Last edited by IS250Kevin; 09-12-10 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-12-10, 07:47 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How about you become one, then you could be the 1st cop ever to be nice, and then you can sign yourself off and all CLers
Old 09-13-10, 09:39 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or you know people who work at the Police credit union.
Old 09-27-10, 10:07 AM
mikeho
Lead Lap

I ended up going to Los Gatos (figured there are many cars tinted and without front license plates there).

I put the front plate on and he signed off on both.

One thing to note, if you have two violations on a ticket, you have to get both or none of them signed off. You can no longer selectively sign off on a violation. I got my ticket from the CHP at the Bay Bridge toll-booth going westbound into SF. The ticket was sent to the Oakland Courthouse. Be careful there! I wasn't breaking any moving violations; he pulled me over specifically for the tint.
Old 10-07-10, 02:32 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's cool,

The officer did'nt go out to your vehicle and inspect the tint violation?

He just signed em both off?
Old 10-07-10, 08:52 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIP-209
That's cool,

The officer did'nt go out to your vehicle and inspect the tint violation?

He just signed em both off?
He inspected it and said that it was fine and signed it off.
Old 10-07-10, 09:58 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ good for you?

It is such a hassle, I have been sited twice for both violations.
Old 10-29-10, 11:32 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Off topic, but just thought I share that my gf just received two no-front licence plate violation tickets within 4 hrs of each today on Berry St. near the ball park. Incredible...

Just a heads up when you're driving or parking near the ball park. Guess police traffic has picked up since the MLB world series.
Old 10-30-10, 12:01 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wondering if she can fight the second one since she didn't even have the chance to install a plate since the first violation.

Quick Reply: "Nice" Police/CHP/Sheriff's office?