Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Bringing Lexus back to the Central Valley

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 05:18 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Within Central Valley we have from Sacramento all the way down to Bakerfield.
We can call it North CV gathering, im in the same boat as you, Sacramento is very lack of community involvement so I usually go to the bay or Stockton for meet.
Old 02-28-12, 06:19 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think Fresno is the main city for the CenCal. Any where between Modesto and Bakersfield could be consider CenCal but even that is open for territory claims. Sacramento I would consider be NorCal. Measuring California vertically I don't see how Sacramento would be consider CenCal when its past SF, hence why Modesto and Bakersfield is open for territory claims.

People's mind set are different here in CenCal and the population does not compare to NorCal or SoCal. I'm sure if you are in any city that is big enough you can get a good size gathering of any organization.
Old 02-28-12, 10:09 PM
lexury530
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just sayin. lol It wouldn't be too bad for evryone from sac and roseville are to come out to vacaville and that's the halfway point to dublin and fremont area, it'll make it easier for the Vallejo and fairfield and etc. people too. it'll be like meeting half way.
Old 02-28-12, 10:11 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Green areas are Central Valley, its basically everything in the Sacramento valley and San Joaquin Valley. However, Fresno has the largest sq mi of land (111.957 sq mi ) in the CV comparing to 97.915 sq mi of Sacramento.
Old 02-28-12, 10:15 PM
lexury530
Driver

I wouldn't expect people from Fresno and Bakersfield to come since it's pretty far
Old 02-29-12, 09:18 AM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

are we seriously arguing on 'where' the central valley is?
Old 02-29-12, 10:23 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To EVERYONE who has posted lately.

Good comments by all, but we can lose focus of this discussion debating where the region exists, but the bottom line is you should be focused on finding a way to successfully gather your local community.

Based on my observations over 10+ years the reality is:

1. SAC area has rarely had a successful gathering of even 5 Lexus in one place at one time. Though many people have made gallant efforts to have GTGs, the ability to hold a Lexus centric gathering on a regular basis is virtually non-existent.
2. SAC area has had one “Official” NorCal event which was I believe BOS 3 held in Folsom.
3. With the support of the CORE Bay Area Members, over 50 Lexus showed up. Sadly only 5 cars from the SAC region attended, the rest drove over 2 hours to “Support” this region.
4. In recent years John and Nate have had moderate success gathering members in their respective CVG areas. The bottom line for their success is still primarily dependent on the number of “Active” members that choose to participate.
5. If members in the lower population areas can show a little commitment, a lot of flexibility in their schedule and work together to meet at a common place and a common time, you can have a reasonable level of success.
6. As for expecting people to drive 2 or more hours to gather, well it takes a hard core and dedicated individual to do that. To be honest, most people are not willing to drive that far for a “casual” gathering, especially when there is no guarantee that they will see / meet very many members.
7. If you are willing to drive 2+ hours to an activity and be GURANTEEED you will see 100+ active members in the NorCal community then you need to attend the larger certified meets that are Held every year such as BOS and EOS. Stay Tuned for the 2012 calendar to be posted in a few weeks with the events that local organizers are planning for this summer.

Originally Posted by lexury530
I wouldn't expect people from Fresno and Bakersfield to come since it's pretty far
There have been people from both Bakersfield, Fresno and further that have attended our meets, but they attend our BOS, EOS and other big meets held annually in the bay area. In most cases these same people have not attended the local meets announced in their local region. You can think for yourself about why that is the case.

Originally Posted by soulsoarer

People's mind set are different here in CenCal and the population does not compare to NorCal or SoCal. I'm sure if you are in any city that is big enough you can get a good size gathering of any organization.

You got that right.

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Yea, but its ridiculous that NorCal has decided to create a Central Valley "gathering" to add to their many gatherings. This is the reason why I began this, we're completely left out of the group because no one else wants to drive out of their area. One of these days we'll come up... ONE of these days...

Nate, your challenges, frustration and efforts to create a local community are tireless. You knew it wasn't going to be easy. If any consolation, we still do appreciate when you make the trek out to NorCal for our key events.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-29-12 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-29-12, 07:47 PM
lexury530
Driver

I was just mentioning Vacaville because there already is a group of people who have miatas (which is a small specified type of car) and they have had a lot of success with meets and i was thinking that if we were to hold meets for all Lexus's that we should be able to have a decent turnout. I understand what you're sating about distances and stuff but these guys who meet out here every month come from SFbay area and the Sacramento area to Vacaville because it's the half way point. I was just throwing out ideas.
Old 05-01-12, 05:50 PM
CAsc300
Rookie

so can we plan a meet for the end of this month
Old 05-01-12, 07:00 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

How 'bout this coming Saturday? I've got Sunday off so we can be out all night Saturday
Old 05-07-12, 03:00 AM
ToneTham
Rookie

Default im bored..

probably roll by if we do have something going on...
Old 05-14-12, 12:59 AM
ToneTham
Rookie

so i went cruising on Sunday night which was a few hours ago....n it was disappointing..no other Lexus in sight so i rolled with the hondas....
Old 05-14-12, 11:20 AM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ToneTham
so i went cruising on Sunday night which was a few hours ago....n it was disappointing..no other Lexus in sight so i rolled with the hondas....
lol... I guess it's nice to know Fresno hasn't change much since I left.. or maybe not :-O
Old 05-14-12, 12:43 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Fresno guys should hit up Mr Jokster. I know he's been tryin to get some "Club Lexus" meets goin out there
Old 05-14-12, 04:52 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm very close to getting my weekends off so I can focus on this. Please be patient

Quick Reply: Bringing Lexus back to the Central Valley