Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Im taking a trip up to NorCAL

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-11, 11:33 AM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im taking a trip up to NorCAL

OK so I have met a very special girl that lives in Concord. I need some ideas to help full up the weekend I’ll be spending with her.

We decided that we would like to go to a sushi place. I would like a place with good deals or a happy hour or an all you can eat. I prefer more exciting rolls over higher quality sushi.

We will be taking a trip to the Muir woods for a hike. And places to go in the area?

We need a nicer restaurant with a view of San Francisco. Somewhere in the ball park of $25 a plate. She likes steak over seafood.

I think she has done most tourist style things with the exception of fisherman’s warf. Would this area be any good to walk around?

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 02-06-11, 02:23 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Yo Skates on The Bay is in Berkely and has very nice views of SF.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/skates-on-the-bay-berkeley

Just ask for a SF view table when you make the reservation. The Steaks I rate at 8/10 for medium rare. Not bad IMO for a predominant seafood restaurant. Between $25-$40 I believe for menu, but most of that your paying for the location/view.

Muir Woods is a geat hike (paid parking $5). After your hike you should take her to downtown Sausalito for more views of the SF Bay. Or if the weather is really nice take her down to Muir Beach (10 minute) drive from Muir Woods. Not for swimming but nice to chill on a blanket by the water. Also dont know what car you will be driving but Muir Beach parking lot is not lowered car friendly. Lots of rocks.
Old 02-07-11, 05:03 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Rush350, thanks for the thoughtful post.

What do you know about this place? http://www.cliffhouse.com/home/index.html
Old 02-08-11, 10:33 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

house of prime rib....
Old 02-08-11, 10:54 AM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TecnoSmurf
Rush350, thanks for the thoughtful post.

What do you know about this place? http://www.cliffhouse.com/home/index.html
Cliffhouse food is ok, nothing too special imo. Lunch has a view of the ocean, but don't expect to see anything during the night.

Check out waterfront restaurants around ATT Park if you want a view. Can't help you with looking for a steakhouse around your price, but I'd recommend La Mar for some Peruvian food. They have a lot of variety and if I remember correctly, they do have one skirt steak dish. check out their website.
Old 02-08-11, 01:01 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Keep the ideas coming.

A view is important.

Any comedy clubs?

Svntwosix good point about the night time and the view.
Old 02-08-11, 01:16 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want good chicken wings, You need to go to San Tung. Yelp it and you'll get the address.
Old 02-08-11, 01:29 PM
MrFuel
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread is making me hungry, HAHAHAHA!

Have a good time in Nor Cal.
Old 02-08-11, 08:50 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out Cobb's comedy club in SF.
Old 02-08-11, 09:22 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Like svntwosix don't expect much from the Cliff House. What you have to think about is exactly what "point of view" are you looking for. The restaurant I recommended you is located on the opposite side of SF, which is a waterfront restaurant which gives you a view of SF, the skyline and the bridges.

If you eat in a restaurant in the Embarcadero or Fisherman's Wharf area in SF, then your dining view will be the other side of the Bay (East Bay).

Also keep in mind all the great Steak Houses in SF (Harris', House Of Prime Rib, Espetus Brazilian, Boboquivari's, Hillstone and Alexander's) are all deep in the city and districts. All will offer no view whatsoever. And expect to pay $50+ for a plate. No view but you get the real SF and f*ing great cuts.

All the restaurants with a "view" in my opinion is cliche here in SF. Since they know all the first timers will want to eat there because of the view, their food quality is sacrificed. Increase rent leads to a less famous head chef and a decrease in food quality. Plus all the famous chef's like to work deep in the city, where the real SF is. How do I know? My sister co-owns a winery in Napa Valley and sells her wine to all the top chefs and restaurants in the city.

There are decent places with views in SF but don't expect much from food, so at the end choose whether the food is more important than the view or vice versa. The ladies I think would be more impressed with a quality dinner and quality time with a guy as oppose to a crappy meal but a great view.
Old 02-08-11, 09:31 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Daam Rush350( Chris ) is on it. There is the Punchline in SF as well. There is the restaurant on top of the tallest building in SF (the old Bank of America bldg.) It's called The Carnelian room. It gives a view of the city at 52 stories. Food is OK though as Rush said.
Old 02-08-11, 09:35 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ You're thinking of 555 California Street. Most would say that the Transamerica Pyramid is the tallest building in SF, but 555 does have the highest usable floor. /smartass
Old 02-08-11, 10:49 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2slow
If you want good chicken wings, You need to go to San Tung. Yelp it and you'll get the address.
there dried wings are off the hook!!!

take her to alcatraz, check out the view from sausilito but depends on weather. espetus brazilian steak house is good but its 50 a pop all u can eat.

Last edited by iialcii; 02-08-11 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-08-11, 11:07 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No South Bay? pshhhhh you're missing out! =P
jkk,SF is a pretty cool place too
Old 02-08-11, 11:45 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Plus he wants views too. Ain't nothing to see in San Jo! Mystery house HAHA!

Quick Reply: Im taking a trip up to NorCAL