Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

SJSU Students and Alums

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-11, 12:17 AM
ILL250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest finding a apartment close to SJSU. I doubt its mandatory to live in the dorms for the first year since I have friends who lived in South SF during their freshman year.

I used to live in the bricks (Royce hall) back in '04 and it was filthy especially the restroom since its shared with every guy on my floor. The hallway had a really bad odor and it was noisy. I couldn't wait to move out of there and into the new campus village when it opened up in '05. Living in campus village was really nice and a lot more cleaner and quieter but really expensive. If you got the money, I would suggest living in a studio or if you have friends, they offer a 4-5 bdr also. Not sure if they offer campus village to freshmans.

But yea, if you got friends, find a apartment close to SJSU. My rent went from around $900/month to $400/month in a nice townhouse a block away from sjsu...saved hella money and I shouldve done this since my freshman year. Goodluck man!
Old 02-25-11, 10:03 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I never dormed so can't make any recommendations.

SJSU Alum Major: Industrial Technology Computer Electronics
- Currently Senior Engineer @ Cisco
Hows the outlook on that major? Im doing the same major when i go state next semester!
Old 02-25-11, 10:07 AM
Missis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by new.era.13
I am also a SFSU student. I never see your car in the parking garage.
Well really i dont start until this Fall. But i hear there is a free shuttle ride bus that the school offers from the milbrae bart station. I may just check that out since i hear parking at SFSU is a pain.
Old 02-25-11, 11:21 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, SJSU alum with BS-Business Admin-Management.
Old 02-25-11, 04:45 PM
iISawesome
Rookie

Yeah, i re-read the housing application.. the mandatory housing starts this fall =[

"Beginning Fall 2011, all admitted first-time freshmen who graduate from a high school located in a city outside a 30 mile radius of SJSU will be required to live on campus for their first year"

From what i heard, washbourn hall was dirty and had less bathrooms than joe west. It's sorta a tough decision now... live in a clean environment or meet new people.

Originally Posted by ILL250
I would suggest finding a apartment close to SJSU. I doubt its mandatory to live in the dorms for the first year since I have friends who lived in South SF during their freshman year.

I used to live in the bricks (Royce hall) back in '04 and it was filthy especially the restroom since its shared with every guy on my floor. The hallway had a really bad odor and it was noisy. I couldn't wait to move out of there and into the new campus village when it opened up in '05. Living in campus village was really nice and a lot more cleaner and quieter but really expensive. If you got the money, I would suggest living in a studio or if you have friends, they offer a 4-5 bdr also. Not sure if they offer campus village to freshmans.

But yea, if you got friends, find a apartment close to SJSU. My rent went from around $900/month to $400/month in a nice townhouse a block away from sjsu...saved hella money and I shouldve done this since my freshman year. Goodluck man!
Does that townhouse you're talking about share a parking lot with a church and is across the street from a big parking structure??
Old 02-25-11, 05:08 PM
ILL250
Driver

In the bricks, there are two bathrooms on each floor, one male and one female. Same goes for Joe West but there is also another bathroom for handicaps which is more private (at least on my friends floor, not sure about other floors). I also hear bad stories about the elevators not functioning correctly so try to live on the 2nd or 3rd floor so you can walk up the stairs. The townhouse I lived in was on South 7th st near SJPD.
Old 02-25-11, 05:50 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait you got accepted already? Are you freshman or transfer?
Old 02-25-11, 06:34 PM
iISawesome
Rookie

I'm going to be a freshman. I got the message on my mysjsu account and then i'm getting the packet within the next 2 weeks.
Old 02-25-11, 10:46 PM
chobreeezy
Rookie

Originally Posted by iISawesome
I'm going to be a freshman. I got the message on my mysjsu account and then i'm getting the packet within the next 2 weeks.
Congrats! Haha its my second year, next semesters my third. What high school are you coming from?
Old 02-25-11, 10:55 PM
iISawesome
Rookie

Originally Posted by chobreeezy
Congrats! Haha its my second year, next semesters my third. What high school are you coming from?
Washington High. I think i already mentioned i'm from SF... but i can't remember. Truthfully though, i don't drive the IS, yet. So you won't spot me around the city. I'm waiting for april to come around so i can get my license. I hella want to mod it though.
Old 03-06-11, 10:43 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just started sjsu this semester. (Transferred in as a junior from CSM)

RTVF major!
Old 03-06-11, 10:56 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Hows the outlook on that major? Im doing the same major when i go state next semester!
I honestly can't say how it is for new grads. I've been out of school too long to have any accurate input for you.