Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Any northern folks got facebook?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 09:50 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Any northern folks got facebook?

Im new so i was wondering if any northern folks got facebook so i can add them thx
Old 04-05-11, 12:15 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

^ Both you reg for BLOX https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...11-2011-a.html
Old 04-05-11, 12:39 AM
michaelisf
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by donuterika
I live in SF, I just moved here a couple months ago too! I definitely wanna take the ISF for a fun spin and roll out with the Lexus crew on the next meet. Hit me up on Facebook, my roommate and I are looking for new peeps to hang out with!
Erika Takayama
Im planning to get a lexus hopefully soon thats why i went to the meet on sunday to meet folks at clublexus and for advise. I consider myself still new to the bay lol i have been here for 8 years now but only stay in daly city san bruno area most of the 8 years im originally from los angeles so shows events and car shops are new to me here. Erika u have a lexus where did u used to live? U live in frisco now? Ur japanese huh i can tell by ur last name im filipino /japanese
Old 04-05-11, 12:42 AM
michaelisf
Driver

Erika theres many erika on facebook which ones u? What ur profile look like? Oh yeah forgot to mention i got a twin bro in los angeles
Old 04-05-11, 12:44 AM
michaelisf
Driver

Originally Posted by donuterika
I live in SF, I just moved here a couple months ago too! I definitely wanna take the ISF for a fun spin and roll out with the Lexus crew on the next meet. Hit me up on Facebook, my roommate and I are looking for new peeps to hang out with!
Erika Takayama
Pm me ur email and ill add u on fb
Old 04-05-11, 01:13 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any active members that attend Certified meets will get on to our Facebook distribution list for activities.

Come to meets or contact a member you know from a previous meet and they should be able to get you on our distribution.
Old 04-05-11, 07:53 AM
michaelisf
Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Any active members that attend Certified meets will get on to our Facebook distribution list for activities.

Come to meets or contact a member you know from a previous meet and they should be able to get you on our distribution.
Kool i went to the japan relief in frisco ill ask brocious, rush350, enrikito, darkduke, hyperkiv, i don't gotta a lexo yet but will go to the meets is that still fine? Trying to buy one soon hopefully. I had a rx300 bought it used paid$16,000 62 k miles only lasted 2 years @ 113 k miles tranny went out repair. Shop wanted $3100 to replace me and wife could not dish out that amount so we had to look for a quick ride dealership bought it $ 3000 for our down on our 2010 civic i dont like it but i had to look for a car asap so thats our ride now lost alot of money on the rx300 the person who owned it it traveled from florida to california the rear tow hitch was broken so i think they were towing back in forth from florida to cali put alot of stress on the tranny i guess . So now wife wants me to buy a new ride bcuz if i buy new i will take care of it and know about it from day1 i dont have a problem with a certified used bcuz they give warranty and its close to new...
Old 04-05-11, 07:55 AM
michaelisf
Driver

So a certified meet where ever it is north and south members from cali go meet up? How does certified meet work thanks
Old 04-05-11, 08:42 AM
bweezy
Pole Position

Glenn,

Don't know if i'm on the facebook distribution list but I would like to be added just in case so I dont miss on any of the cool Club Lexus events.
Old 04-05-11, 08:46 AM
bweezy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by michaelisf
So a certified meet where ever it is north and south members from cali go meet up? How does certified meet work thanks
As defined by Glenn "RMMGS4" our Northern California Regional Officer

What does it mean to be a “Certified” event?

- Hosted or Supported by a Veteran NorCal Event coordinator
- Active member participation assured
- Easy to identify as a Legitimate Lexus Club Activity versus a spammer meet
- Well coordinated event logistics
- A great activity for newbies to meet the NorCal Family

The NorCal Regional Forum was launched by me almost 10 years ago. In the early years, I put together and hosted almost all the activities that were held. The first meet I ever put together was called the End of Summer Meet (EOS), of which 2011 will be the 10th year that that this meet will be held. Today I work primarily in the background to facilitate activities where other active and experienced members now host and coordinate. These coordinators are a tight knit group of members who volunteer their time for free to contribute to the growth and enjoyment of the Lexus Community. You will find that although people initially tend to associate with other members that own the same model of Lexus, you will soon realize that this community goes well beyond what kind of Lexus you have or whether you have a lot of modifications, it comes down to the people and enjoying each other’s company and experiencing the Lexus lifestyle. Stock, modded, full show, drift, VIP or your own style, everyone is welcome to come out.

If you have suggestions for other activities, would like to organize your own event or would like to volunteer your help, skills or provide sponsorship or services to any of the Certified Events in 2011, contact me thru PM.
Old 04-05-11, 10:24 AM
RMMGS4

Read the stickys at the top of the page about meets and other INFORMATIVE topics. Click the links to look at our history of events and what NorCal has been doing over the past 10 years since this Regional Forum was started.

THE BIGGEST issue with newbies is they don't SEARCH or read Informational stickies.

There's almost NO basic question that hasn't been answered many times from veteran members, in some cases it is answered over and over for years.

Please understand my position. I've been here ACTIVELY ONLINE for 10 years. I wouldn't survive if I spent all my time answering the same questions over and over. You should see how full my PM box gets !

MANY of your questions and YOUR knowledge will be MUCH better served if you read the informational threads on this section and the same is true for other forum sections as well.

In order to further our knowledge, it is always good to see new members who search and then respond and bump an old thread with additional questions or provide valued information. In this way we learn and grow.

This is much more productive than seeing new threads with the same questions being asked and answered with no further value added.

With regards to NorCal and SoCal meet up and other such "VERY GOOD" questions, please post the question in the "CERTIFIED MEET " Thread so that EVERYONE who reads that thread see's your question and my answer.

If I answer you on this thread, very few will ever read it and this thread will eventually drop off the radar, whereas on the Certified thread you are ON TOPIC and all readers interested in the topic will see your question and my answer.

Hope to see you at a CERTIFIED meet such as "BOS" You won't wanna miss it.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-05-11 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-05-11, 10:33 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by bweezy
As defined by Glenn "RMMGS4" our Northern California Regional Officer
BOZ - In addition to your active participation in meets, we appreciate your help on the forums, but keep in mind what I suggested in the previous post.

Let's help people help themselves, by suggesting how they can find the information that is already there, instead of you doing the work and giving them the answers. This is a much better way for you to help out others unless you enjoy being the "Official ASK.com" go-to-guy for NorCal section.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-05-11 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-05-11, 10:46 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by bweezy
Glenn,

Don't know if i'm on the facebook distribution list but I would like to be added just in case so I dont miss on any of the cool Club Lexus events.
Hit up Brociouz He's one of the un-Official keepers of the FB list
Old 04-05-11, 10:51 AM
RMMGS4

Kool i went to the japan relief in frisco ill ask brocious, rush350, enrikito, darkduke, hyperkiv, i don't gotta a lexo yet but will go to the meets is that still fine? Trying to buy one soon hopefully. " " So now wife wants me to buy a new ride bcuz if i buy new i will take care of it and know about it from day1 i dont have a problem with a certified used bcuz they give warranty and its close to new...
Active local members have the HOOK-UP for best pricing at the Lexus dealers.

Don't go out on your own and price shop.

Get to know some of the local Veteran "Active" Members (joined 2009 or older) as most will know how to get you a Hook Up price on a New or Used Lex.
Old 04-05-11, 01:17 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Active local members have the HOOK-UP for best pricing at the Lexus dealers.

Don't go out on your own and price shop.

Get to know some of the local Veteran "Active" Members (joined 2009 or older) as most will know how to get you a Hook Up price on a New or Used Lex.
Alright bro thanks for all the important info very informative yeah i wanna get best prices ill find some veterans to ask from 2009 n below

Quick Reply: Any northern folks got facebook?