Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Looking for Lexus Tech/Mechanic for sidejob (timing belt)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-11 | 01:02 PM
gs300ebony
Driver School Candidate

Smile Looking for Lexus Tech/Mechanic for sidejob (timing belt)

hey lexus fam, if anyone knows a Lexus Tech or mechanic that has EXPERIENCE on gs300s im looking for a mechanic that I can trust my lexus with, to get the complete timing belt+water pump service done. I have all the parts (pulley,tensioner, cam seals, idler, etc) and just would rather go with someone that pay $$ at a dealership/shop. With that being said, I am open to meet someone that can always do mechanic work for me&my family and am not looking to lowball them or discredit any work or shops. Just to save $$ and build a common friendship with Lexus family. Im located in San Francisco norcal and besides $$ i can compensate with food/beers of choice. Let me know guys. thanks
Old 04-15-11 | 09:25 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

let me know monday will be best!
Old 04-15-11 | 11:30 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by gs300ebony
hey lexus fam, if anyone knows a Lexus Tech or mechanic that has EXPERIENCE on gs300s im looking for a mechanic that I can trust my lexus with, to get the complete timing belt+water pump service done. I have all the parts (pulley,tensioner, cam seals, idler, etc) and just would rather go with someone that pay $$ at a dealership/shop. With that being said, I am open to meet someone that can always do mechanic work for me&my family and am not looking to lowball them or discredit any work or shops. Just to save $$ and build a common friendship with Lexus family. Im located in San Francisco norcal and besides $$ i can compensate with food/beers of choice. Let me know guys. thanks
As you know the other thread already discusses this exact type of service and you will not find better info as that thread has 7 years worth of feedback. If you look at the the first recommendations on that thread from 7 years ago and check the last recomendations this week, you will see the same shops being talked about. Take that as a hint that there is a REASON why the same shops are recommended and there is a REASON why people are willing to PAY the labor rate.

This NEW post asking for a TRUSTED mechanic will not get you much more than what that thread already supports. As for saving $$ and building a common friendship with the Lexus family, I'm happy to hear that andl I can appreciate saving money, but at some point you have to realize that you get what you pay for. What I think you need to know is NorCal is a very tight knit community. All the active members know each other very well and are very friendly and welcoming to new members. So if you attend some Certified meets, then you will do YOUR part to build that friendship with this well established family.

That said, there ARE mechanics doing side jobs that the FAMILY knows, but those recommendations come from exactly what you said, a RELATIONSHIP and TRUST that YOU need to build with us. These "techs" do not advertise their work, since the forum rules forbid it. You can only find out through word of mouth, by knowing the local crew. Only then will these TRUSTED mechanics TRUST YOU to have them do work. As you have very well noted, there has been discredit and drama in the past that everyone wishes to avoid. We DO NOT want to lose these valuable resources to lowballers, etc. This is all about friends helping friends.

Come out to Certified meets, get to know the crew and you will get hook up not only for this service, but many other things as well.

Hope to see you come out this summer.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-15-11 at 11:40 AM.