Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Treasure Island - Photoshoot GTG

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-11, 09:02 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by donuterika
Sweet! I am down! If there's a pre-meet to this let me know!
Do you mean pre meet to 9AM? That's crazy!!!! Or a meet before this on another day?
Old 04-22-11, 11:44 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO - no need to have a premeet. But if you guys want to have one...feel free to do so.

I just want to add a comment from RMMGS4 post as well. I totally agree with RMM. I've seen a lot of car show invites that were held in SF, which is always great!! BUT! this GTG is NOT a car show.

It's a GTG for a photoshoot/video opportunity, not just for me, but for all. Cars will not be parked in one location all day. Everyone will be scattered in different locations of TI for filming or picture taking. In short, it's a CL picture day!

Once everyone is done taking pics...we can then relax, enjoy the view of SF, and the company of CL members. And maybe then, it may turn out into a mini car show.
Old 04-23-11, 01:12 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dexterr
IMO - I just want to add a comment from RMMGS4 post as well. I totally agree with RMM. I've seen a lot of car show invites that were held in SF, which is always great!! BUT! this GTG is NOT a car show.

It's a GTG for a photoshoot/video opportunity, not just for me, but for all. D
Good point. We def need activities that are not only "show centric" like yours so that everyone is welcome.

Two of the three events I mentioned were shows, however in both cases both the show participants and non-show attendees did have a GTG afterwards in which dinner and photoshoots took place. My real point was that I have been reading VIPs posts for ppl to have SF meets for over a year now, but so far he has never attended any.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-23-11 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-23-11, 06:15 AM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

^^ Thanks RMM!

I hope you can join us as well....

Because I know how much this forum means to you, and the people you've become friends with throughout the years.

That said, by including your GS in my video will be awesome. I know man, no pressure, right. In fact, I have a special part (a leading role) for you in the movie, if you show up.

This video is going to be awesome guys...but I need more help/people to show up. On the ISX50 side...I need at least 5 modded IS to be there.

NOTE: I will provide sandwiches/drinks after the shoot as well.
Old 04-23-11, 08:24 AM
tuandang79
Driver

ll be down if my wheels comes in im back on my stockies for right now until i get my new set.
Old 04-23-11, 06:52 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ Thanks RMM!

Because I know how much this forum means to you, and the people you've become friends with throughout the years.
Thanks, It's hard to believe I will soon be hitting 10 years since I launched the NorCal section. Before that you would have to post in the Pacific Regional forums. You can search to see that my very first meet announcements are in that section.

Yes I have made a LOT of friends. Anyone who has stuck around long enough will have the same experience as me, in which many have left the forums after finishing school, marriage, kids, first home, etc. but the kool thing is that I've made lifelong friends. Most of the OGs hardly post, but every once in a while they come out for the big events and I am in touch with many of them, some even a couple times a month. This is what keeps me going as growing the Lexus Fam has been a great part of my life.

That said, by including your GS in my video will be awesome. I know man, no pressure, right. In fact, I have a special part (a leading role) for you in the movie, if you show up.
Wow I'm honored but unfortunately the car is currently under re-construction and it won't get done until Toyotafest.

I assumed this was a casual video shoot, but I see you could turn this into a bigger production. Hopefully you get some of the hard core guys like Josh, SFFD and others to show and very gracious of you to offer food/drink.

As some of the members know, I am out of the scene this year for many of the meets, due to new family obligations. A free weekend for me is a roll of the dice.

I will try to make meets here and there, so hope to see you at an activity this coming summer.
Old 04-23-11, 10:26 PM
Missis250
Pole Position

Ugggghhhhh, WHY do i have to WORK this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Sorry, but i will have to sadly be missing out on this.

Wow, providing free food too? What a great organizer

Let's do a pre-meet Friday (since i am free), LOL...j/k Have fun guys. Cant wait to see the pix!
Old 04-23-11, 10:54 PM
enrikito
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i might be going to socal next weekend... but if not, i'll definitely drop by
Old 04-24-11, 01:15 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, just saw this thread.

If work permits, I will be attending. This GTG, sounds good. group shots, rolling shots, I will have my son with me probably.

I see Dexter bringin sandwiches, so I'll probably bring chips or something.
Old 04-24-11, 08:53 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by enrikito
i might be going to socal next weekend... but if not, i'll definitely drop by
Man, I really hope you can make it. I need more modded IS to be there.

Originally Posted by Missis250
Ugggghhhhh, WHY do i have to WORK this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Sorry, but i will have to sadly be missing out on this.

You're forgiven...

Wow, providing free food too? What a great organizer

Let's do a pre-meet Friday (since i am free), LOL...j/k Have fun guys. Cant wait to see the pix!
Originally Posted by VIP-209
wow, just saw this thread.

If work permits, I will be attending. This GTG, sounds good. group shots, rolling shots, I will have my son with me probably.

I see Dexter bringin sandwiches, so I'll probably bring chips or something.
John...I hope you and your kids can make. Really like to have your GS in the video as well.

No need to bring anything...I got the chips covered as well. Can't have sandwiches without chips, right.

GUYS....I need to get confirmation (if you are coming or not) no later than Thursday, because I have a script for this video. So I need to know where to place your car for the video.

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-24-11, 09:10 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Thanks, It's hard to believe I will soon be hitting 10 years since I launched the NorCal section. Before that you would have to post in the Pacific Regional forums. You can search to see that my very first meet announcements are in that section.

Yes I have made a LOT of friends. Anyone who has stuck around long enough will have the same experience as me, in which many have left the forums after finishing school, marriage, kids, first home, etc. but the kool thing is that I've made lifelong friends. Most of the OGs hardly post, but every once in a while they come out for the big events and I am in touch with many of them, some even a couple times a month. This is what keeps me going as growing the Lexus Fam has been a great part of my life.

Wow I'm honored but unfortunately the car is currently under re-construction and it won't get done until Toyotafest.

I assumed this was a casual video shoot, but I see you could turn this into a bigger production. Hopefully you get some of the hard core guys like Josh, SFFD and others to show and very gracious of you to offer food/drink.

As some of the members know, I am out of the scene this year for many of the meets, due to new family obligations. A free weekend for me is a roll of the dice.

I will try to make meets here and there, so hope to see you at an activity this coming summer.
I totally understand family stuff...family first.

Your participation throughout the years, just shows how much love you got for the forum and the members. And not too forget, shows members what type of forum this is...1st class.

I can't wait to get this video rolling...it's going to be awesome.

I hope to meet with you at next GTG.
Old 04-24-11, 10:34 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Dex this is seeming like a full pledge production bro! Should be good. I for sure have to work at least half day this Sat, so I wouldnt be free til after 12. With the amount of cars that you are hoping to show up, hopefully all the rolling shots and staged scenes wont cause to much attention and get law enforcement to join in also hahaha!
Old 04-24-11, 11:04 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dex, My car is in the stereo shop right now. I hope it'll be done my this weekend. It's looking good, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted of my status. This is sounding like it will be a great video. Thanks for offering food as well. I even posted a thread on my build. Hopefully it'll be done.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...with-pics.html
Old 04-25-11, 08:14 AM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Hey Rush,

I've been working on this movie script for awhile now. And it's time to go on prodution bro. It's going to be a 4min. movie, but as you know for every minute, equals 1hr+ of staging.

I'll PM you my contact #. Just call me if you plan to stop by in the afternoon....that is if security doesn't tell us to leave by then. With the current (confirmed) attendees I have right now, very small, which means, security will not give us a hard time (I hope). If we get more than more than 20 cars to show...maybe a different story. But I won't worry about it right now...a lot film crew go to TI for shooting. And if everything is done in a safe manner (organize), and cars/people are behaving...I don't think security will have an issue.

MARIANO - dude, you got make it bro. I have your car on the script...you're going to like what you see on video.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

AirVtec - your car is taking the lead role bro.

HYPERMKIV - bring your LS instead. Cus I made a change on the script...you're going to like the final scene.

Thanks again guys!!
Old 04-25-11, 10:14 AM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

I might be able to attend, but I'm running on a stock exhaust right now. My rear end is not looking good...

What's the ETA for completion? PM me details on your video/vision so I could decide if I go with version 1.0 or 1.5 of my car .

Quick Reply: Treasure Island - Photoshoot GTG