Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Some idiot jacked my front lip

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-11, 03:53 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Shazaam1IS
got the lip back... but the screw holes are broken idk how i would put it back on. i met up with my friend and he gave me my lip and told me his cousin didnt take it but his cousins friend took it and gave it to him as a "graduation gift"
my car feels naked without that lip.. i was going to sell it too and buy a vertex kit..
OMG, That is ghetto,.. Can you call PD and have your insurance handle this matter? This person stole something from your car.
Old 05-29-11, 04:03 AM
fr0st
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the lip back... but the screw holes are broken idk how i would put it back on. i met up with my friend and he gave me my lip and told me his cousin didnt take it but his cousins friend took it and gave it to him as a "graduation gift"
my car feels naked without that lip.. i was going to sell it too and buy a vertex kit..
i wouldn't drop it if i were you. you caught them red handed.
Old 05-29-11, 07:19 AM
kim0217
Lead Lap

WTF..as a graduation gift...
Old 05-29-11, 10:32 AM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is he and his friends graduating kindergarten? Well congrats to them.

If he says his friend stole it for him, he's lying and doesn't want to take responsibility. If he doesn't pay, get the cops involved. Then use that cash towards the payment of the Vertex kit, and give him the broken lip.

You might not want to bring your car over anymore with your new kit. Take the bus!
Old 05-29-11, 11:05 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rich250x
lolwut wat a xxxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by b3njam1n
What a xxxx xxx theif...put sugar in his tank
Let's clean it up a bit guys.

Marginal, but don't want others to take it "down" to the next level.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-29-11 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-29-11, 02:29 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you got your lip back.

I know you're upset and I know how things can be...so if you have a reason NOT to call the police I'd leave it be. Things have a way of coming around. And I'm not talking revenge or anything, I'm saying that whoever tore the lip off of your car will probably have something stolen from him as well.
Old 05-29-11, 03:51 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dude basically broke your lip.. make him buy you a BRAND NEW one.
Old 05-29-11, 10:28 PM
2JZSteven
Pole Position

my friends cousin said he barely knows the guy that stole it for him. I have a name but still cant find him. Cant make him pay for it if I cant find him. But Ill eventually find him.
Old 05-29-11, 10:40 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

a name is all you need goodluck man!
Old 05-30-11, 01:00 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

damn thats messed up
Old 05-30-11, 11:22 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, I would be fuming. Call the cops, file charges, make him buy you a brand new lip and MSRP and have it painted at the most expensive shop in town, then inform his employer (assuming he has a job) and try to get him fired.
Old 05-30-11, 11:38 AM
maxXx430
Driver

Look at the glass half full...you get to buy a new lip style.
Old 05-30-11, 01:31 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
Wow, I would be fuming. Call the cops, file charges, make him buy you a brand new lip and MSRP and have it painted at the most expensive shop in town, then inform his employer (assuming he has a job) and try to get him fired.
Easy....District Attorney!!!!!
Old 05-30-11, 04:18 PM
leedoobert
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
^ I like your style!! :P

Oh yeah, OP, not sure what city you're in...but the current mayor of SF, Ed Lee, actually comes to get his hair cut at my mom's salon quite often...if you need me to pull a few strings...

lol
Old 05-30-11, 07:04 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Easy....District Attorney!!!!!
I probably already told you this story Mariano, but the last guy who tried to screw me over on something car-related (insurance fraud essentially) ended up paying for the full cost of repairs (MSRP on parts, with the work done at an expensive shop of my choosing). The state insurance commissioner also slapped him with insurance fraud, causing his rates to more than quadruple. I then had my case officer at the CHP call his mom and dad explaining how he tried to defraud me (the guy was 22 years old, still living with his parents). For good measure, I personally called up his employer (since I discovered from a background check that he was working as an assistant at a retail brokerage) and he was promptly fired. By law, he also had a notation made on his U4 with the SEC so that he can never do business in the financial services industry again.

It's one thing to make a mistake and own up to it, it's another to intentionally screw someone over, as in the case of the OP. I say do everything in your power to ruin the scumbag. The world will be a better place in lieu of your efforts. /endrant

Quick Reply: Some idiot jacked my front lip