Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Lexus LFA Driving School @ Infineon

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-11, 12:41 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if you guys understand.. it's not rent a LFA for a day... it costs the same or more to go to a 1 day driving school in a ferrari, lamborghini, or porshe.... its for a driving class / experience. alot of us are in a different market of vehicles but there are plenty of people on here that are also well qualified. 3K is a lot of money to most people, but it's the same as why are you paying $$ to go to school? for education. The course is an experience but at the same time, it's also a driving course. Similar driving courses in cars much cheaper than the LFA can cost almost as much for 1 day...

Skip barber is 2100.
Ferrari driving experience is $9700.
a regular driving school in CTS or Z06 is around 2k

If you were a golfer, and there was an opportunity to spend a day with Tiger Woods or if you were a basketball player and you can buy a 1 day opportunity to train/play with Kobe... obviously that amount of money is a lot, but you are paying for the education, and experience, not just to borrow the car. It's like food.. places at santana row may not be as good as another place in another location, but you pay premium for the experience.

if someone can afford it, great. I have friends that are looking to sign up, but we cant afford it, we can all dream, but keep the thread a clean thread. Do I personally htink the car is worth $400k? not really, if they made a non-CF LFA and sold it at $125k i'd think they make more money, but again, if i had the money i'm wouldn't be buying the LFA for its performance. I'm buying it for its exclusivity.

Originally Posted by Snubbles
I don't understand why is everyone getting all worked up over this. Sounds like fun if you have money to burn and like it says on the first post, it is targeted to potential customers.
Thank you. and are there potential customers on CL? yes. you just usually want see them posting publicly. if someone you know is interested feel free to direct them to me and i'll point them in the right direction.