Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

2012 "CERTIFIED" & "MEMBER SUPPORTED" Event Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-12, 10:27 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Thanks Mike.

Looking forward to your support of BOS coordinated by your buds Brent & Esther !

Old 05-07-12, 11:32 AM
RMMGS4

Default Hybrids 2 Hotrods

Reminder this event is this coming weekend. As noted below, it is primarily a spectator event.

There will be a few Lexus on display. I will be displaying my car with the Exotic Air Sponsor who also has a very nice variety of non-Lexus cars. Come by and say hi.

“HYBRIDS 2 HOTRODS” Saturday, May 12 8am to 3pm
SJ mercury news Headquarters
750 Ridder Park Drive San Jose

This is a private invite event only. A few lexus (CL) vehicles are pre-registered to show.

Description: HYBRIDS 2 HOTRODS is presented in conjunction with San Jose Mercury News & Mike Hennessy/Hot San Jose Nights. Join us for FREE LUNCH and a day of outdoor fun! From hybrids to hotrods experience the best in our automotive showcase. Test drive and view all of the latest model cars plus see the latest in parts & accessories! We’re keeping it family friendly with music, food, kids bounce house and more!

Old 05-16-12, 09:06 AM
RMMGS4

Next Activity is this SUNDAY:

"FOOD CULTURE" May 20 : NEW LOCATION @ MVP ARENA.

Thread announcement : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...odculture.html

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/172044409585212/
Old 05-17-12, 06:45 AM
SC_Vince
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Next Activity is this SUNDAY:

"FOOD CULTURE" May 20 : NEW LOCATION @ MVP ARENA.

Thread announcement : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...odculture.html

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/172044409585212/
See you guys there!!!
Old 07-02-12, 05:12 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

any words on organizing EOS this year?
Old 07-02-12, 06:29 PM
RMMGS4

There are events in the works planned for the EOS timeframe.

Once we have a solid date it will be posted on the calendar.

Stay Tuned
Old 08-07-12, 10:32 AM
jeg650
Driver School Candidate

got to get my car worthy enough to bring
Old 08-11-12, 04:15 PM
RMMGS4

OK folks

It's been a great year, and out of the 6 CERTIFIED events this year we have seen between 50 and 199 cars registered to attend.

The LEXUS EVOLUTION Event posted on the calendar WILL BE THE LAST CERTIFIED "LEXUS ONLY" EVENT this year.

If you haven't been attending our meets this year, then you've missed out on a lot of fun.

Stock, modded or under construction, all are welcome.

We've heard all the excuses: Had to work, car not ready, too far to drive = FAIL !

This is your last chance THIS SUMMER to come on out and become an ACTIVE member in the Lexus community.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-11-12 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-14-12, 04:47 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a year for yall again!!!!
Old 10-11-12, 02:44 PM
mnym8ker
Driver

any thing goin on in OCT or NOV here in the bay area? maybe set up a drive to a game of some kind?
Old 10-11-12, 08:38 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by mnym8ker
any thing goin on in OCT or NOV here in the bay area? maybe set up a drive to a game of some kind?
The season is pretty much over as far as certified meets are concerned.

There are a few people posting up their own events, but as noted in the certification description, there's no guarantee that CL members will come out in significant numbers, so it can be hit and miss. Also there is no CL coordinator who's job it would be to help with meeting and greeting new members.

The main reason for the season ending is because now that many people have hooked up, there will be various groups of us meeting up at SEMA in Nov and some of the key organizers are busy getting ready to go as well, also there are always a few members showing their cars. After SEMA there's Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Histoirically these are the worst times to put a meet together, due to low turnout.

The only event left where you will see Lexus members will be at Wheels N Meals on the 28th. There will not be any group parking or organized roll in, but 99% of the Lexus people out there know each other from previous meets. You are welcome to come up to any group of people and introduce yourself. We're a pretty friendly group.
Old 10-12-12, 12:51 PM
mnym8ker
Driver

Talking

The season is pretty much over as far as certified meets are concerned.

There are a few people posting up their own events, but as noted in the certification description, there's no guarantee that CL members will come out in significant numbers, so it can be hit and miss. Also there is no CL coordinator who's job it would be to help with meeting and greeting new members.

The main reason for the season ending is because now that many people have hooked up, there will be various groups of us meeting up at SEMA in Nov and some of the key organizers are busy getting ready to go as well, also there are always a few members showing their cars. After SEMA there's Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Histoirically these are the worst times to put a meet together, due to low turnout.

The only event left where you will see Lexus members will be at Wheels N Meals on the 28th. There will not be any group parking or organized roll in, but 99% of the Lexus people out there know each other from previous meets. You are welcome to come up to any group of people and introduce yourself. We're a pretty friendly group.
unfortunately im going on a drive on hwy 9 from san jose to capitolas maragritaville the 28th (with a bmw club) so i prob wont make it to the meal n wheels.

Im a newb and join recently because im trying to make friends with lexus owners. All my friends have bimers. ID LOVE TO HAVE HELP and have a bunch of club lexus roll in on one of their local meets lol they talk so much trash because my car stands out and looks better when surrounded by 3, 5 and 7s lol

I went to sema back in 08 jaw dropping experiance! but this year now you need biz tax id number for proof to get in... so is there a way where i cna buy my ticket n register with who ever is going this year? i would only be going the thurs n friday, maybe borrow a pass?

let me know any thoughts
Old 10-15-12, 01:54 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by mnym8ker
unfortunately im going on a drive on hwy 9 from san jose to capitolas maragritaville the 28th (with a bmw club) so i prob wont make it to the meal n wheels.

Im a newb and join recently because im trying to make friends with lexus owners. All my friends have bimers. ID LOVE TO HAVE HELP and have a bunch of club lexus roll in on one of their local meets lol they talk so much trash because my car stands out and looks better when surrounded by 3, 5 and 7s lol

I went to sema back in 08 jaw dropping experiance! but this year now you need biz tax id number for proof to get in... so is there a way where i cna buy my ticket n register with who ever is going this year? i would only be going the thurs n friday, maybe borrow a pass?

let me know any thoughts
Since your join date I'm counting 10 Certified events that were held, so it's really up to you to participate in the community activities and things like getting SEMA passes will be more likely.

Here's some local members that went to SEMA a while back. http://vimeo.com/17247219

PS - I have a BMW as well, as do some other members, but meets with Lexus people are an entirely different experience.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-15-12 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-18-12, 10:30 AM
mnym8ker
Driver

Since your join date I'm counting 10 Certified events that were held, so it's really up to you to participate in the community activities and things like getting SEMA passes will be more likely.

Here's some local members that went to SEMA a while back. http://vimeo.com/17247219

PS - I have a BMW as well, as do some other members, but meets with Lexus people are an entirely different experience.
Yeah theres always next year's SEMA
well ill be going to fremont for "jdmlifestyle x inspire meet 10/27/12" not a a certified but Ill get to meet some forum members.
Old 12-26-12, 11:17 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2013 updates ??????

Quick Reply: 2012 "CERTIFIED" & "MEMBER SUPPORTED" Event Calendar