Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Best place for an oil change in Pleasanton?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-12, 09:20 PM
linusls400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place for an oil change in Pleasanton?

Tried to do the change myself, but had a near fatal experience with my rhino ramps slipping out from under the car right before I went under.

Decided to not bother doing this myself, so any recommendations? I would love to find a shop that will let me watch or even use the lift and do it myself. Please advise.
Old 07-01-12, 07:07 AM
fasthuh
Lead Lap

Not sure how to judge a shop from being the best at oil changing, it's fairly basic. Walmart does it if you want cheap and fast, dealer does it if you want a fancier service that does basically the same thing for 2x the price.

I had the same issue before where my floor jack slipped soon after I got out from under the car, I didn't do my own oil change for a couple of years (being lazy too), but now I just make sure my jackstands are secure on the proper location, wheel chocks are on the back wheels and I feel confident it won't fail.
Old 07-01-12, 09:35 PM
linusls400
Driver School Candidate

So I attempted again this evening and glad to report a SUCCESS! I bought two jacks and went to work. The major PIA was the oil filter as it was on WAY too tight and the useless filter wrench OEM "F" really deserves it's name. It slipped over and over, but thank god Autozone was still open and I was able to get a oil filter plier instead. This took some muscle, but finally complete. Thanks for the motivation!
Old 07-14-12, 05:44 PM
siqsc
Rookie

i usually take the mrs. Is to Lexus of Pleasanton. Some might say there are cheaper places to go but I feel you get what you pay for. I can usually get a beverage and a snack while I wait, also they do a 27 point inspection, and they wash the car. They do a really good job on the car wash tire shine and all. You can take your car there any time and just say you want a car wash and it is free. the service writers there are pretty cool also. I would say if you need something done to your lexus go to Lexus of Pleasanton. (imo)