Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Where can I have my tires flipped due to camber

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-12, 02:07 AM
Virulent
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where can I have my tires flipped due to camber

So, the inside edge of my front tires are already bald from camber wear, but the rest of the tire is still good. I want to swap the front tires around so the inside edges move to the outside.

Which shops in the bay area will do that and how much? I know America's Tire won't do it.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-11-12 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-11-12, 02:48 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Virulent
So, the inside edge of my front tires are already bald from camber wear, but the rest of the tire is still good. I want to swap the front tires around so the inside edges move to the outside.

Which shops in the bay area will do that and how much? I know America's Tire won't do it.

Many members go to Tire Outlet on Alum Rock in San Jose. The manager is a CL member and owns a Supercharged IS350 and an LS460, with a modded Yaris as a DD.

You might want to check the alignment to see if the toe is off. This causes excessive camber wear. Bad toe can kill tires waaay faster than excessive camber.

Tire outlet is very well known for their alignment skills on Lowered Lexus. You get what you pay for here. Pay now or wear out tires later.

Do an advanced search on alignment shops in this section and you'll see some good info about Tire Outlet..
Old 07-11-12, 10:31 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 07-11-12, 10:52 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Many members go to Tire Outlet on Alum Rock in San Jose. The manager is a CL member and owns a Supercharged IS350 and an LS460, with a modded Yaris as a DD.
I didn't know Joseph has a LS460...is it modded? If it anything like the IS, it's going to be sick.
Old 07-11-12, 11:37 AM
bweezy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was curious and did a quick Yelp search I hope its not this Tire Outlet as the reviews aren't too good. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tire-outlet-...t_by=date_desc
Old 07-11-12, 11:58 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by bweezy
Was curious and did a quick Yelp search I hope its not this Tire Outlet as the reviews aren't too good. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Yelp with only 6 reviews?? You can only gather so much. You really have to use your own judgement . My general impression is about 1 out of 10 people who are happy will say something good, but almost everyone who is not happy will post and probably go all over forums and other sites just to retaliate.

Go there, talk to Joseph. He will be happy to answer to any negative comments posted on Yelp.

No shop is perfect, The best shops take care of their mistakes and make it right.

Talk to Joseph and YOU decide.

In my 10 years on ClubLexus I have read complaints posted about some of our locally known vendors. The thing these posters don't know is I personally know most of the shop owners they are complaining about and I often go back and talk to them about it. It is AMAZING how much you are ONLY hearing ONE SIDE of the story when you hear a complaint posted. The TRUTH is often something a little more rational. To me it's not fair to judge a shop by taking negative comments at face value, without giving the shop an opportunity to defend themselves.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-11-12 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-11-12, 12:30 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I went to Joseph to get tires for my GS a few years back. Small shop but I would go back there again. Good price and good workmanship.
Old 07-11-12, 12:51 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

How much is the alignment at Tire outlet?

I went to another alignment shop that is well known in fixing toe/camber for modified cars but failed to fix mine. I am not sure if my camber/toe can be fixed without a camber kit right now.
Old 07-11-12, 01:29 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should be able to go to ANY tire shop, and theyll be able to dismount, flip and remount. the only reason shops would shy away from this is if they feel your tire has so much wear that it might be a safety hazard.

did you READ the yelp reviews at that one shop? they could be as simple as 'omg they were so rude to me!' as long as they didnt **** anything up or rip anyone off, it should be good.
Old 07-11-12, 02:14 PM
bweezy
Pole Position

Relax guys I was merely just making sure that it was the right address. I’m not basing judgment about the shops performance just from the yelp reviews. Plus I’ve heard numerous times from other veteran members here who I've met in person recommend this particular shop on Alum Rock, also if I’m not mistaken either the owner or a member here works there which is also another plus. I can’t comment as I haven’t visited this particular shop but when I do I’m sure they’ll take care of me.
Old 07-11-12, 02:16 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by ProperD
you should be able to go to ANY tire shop, and theyll be able to dismount, flip and remount. the only reason shops would shy away from this is if they feel your tire has so much wear that it might be a safety hazard.

did you READ the yelp reviews at that one shop? they could be as simple as 'omg they were so rude to me!' as long as they didnt **** anything up or rip anyone off, it should be good.
It comes down to how much inner wear there is right?

If threads are visible or if the wear bar on the inner groove is all the way down, then a "Legit" shop will not want to deal with the liability risk to do it.

In So Cal, I bet there a more people willing to do it, especially if management doesn't know or see it. The guy doing the flip don't care, he's not going to get sued.

Old 07-11-12, 02:19 PM
RMMGS4

Relax guys I was merely just making sure that it was the right address. I’m not basing judgment about the shops performance just from the yelp reviews. Plus I’ve heard numerous times from other veteran members here who I've met in person recommend this particular shop on Alum Rock, also if I’m not mistaken either the owner or a member here works there which is also another plus. I can’t comment as I haven’t visited this particular shop but when I do I’m sure they’ll take care of me.
You hit a nerve with me whenever I read the word YELP on a thread.

If someone wants to use YELP to promote their own shop and give a and at the same time plant a bunch of on their competition, they can do that.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-11-12 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-11-12, 03:45 PM
TrancEpimp
Lead Lap

I'm going soon to Tire Outlet to get lined up.. with negative camber, and dumped (the way I like it). I will let you know how it goes..

Also you can check out Sonic MS out in Mountain View to flip your tires.. been there many times for their excellent service!
Old 07-11-12, 03:48 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TrancEpimp
I'm going soon to Tire Outlet to get lined up.. with negative camber, and dumped (the way I like it). I will let you know how it goes..

Also you can check out Sonic MS out in Mountain View to flip your tires.. been there many times for their excellent service!
Please post your print out when you get it.
Old 07-12-12, 07:36 AM
Doublade
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 your wheels inc. in santa clara, tell em timmy sent you, they can give you a good price.

Quick Reply: Where can I have my tires flipped due to camber